Which WR do you think the Bills will draft?

Milanos Milano

Which WR do you think will be a Bill?   

153 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the WR you think the Bills will draft.

• Jameson Williams
    • Chris Olave
    • Garrett Wilson
    • Treylon Burks
    • Drake London
    • Jahan Dotson
    • Christian Watson
    • Calvin Austin III
    • Wan’Dale Robinson
    • Khalil Shakir
    • Skyy Moore
    • Alec Pierce
    • Justyn Ross
    • Other

I don’t think Olave, Burks or London will be there when we pick, so I’ll exclude them.  

Jameson, Wilson, Dotson or Christian Watson are the other possibilities @ 25.  As it stands today, I’d probably take Jameson, then Watson, then Wilson, then Dotson.  In that order. 

the depth of the WR class has me thinking we go OL or CB in rd 1.  Give me Linderbaum or Zion. Elam or Gordon.  I think I’d take those 4 over the afore mentioned WRs that I believe have a chance to be there. 

I thought Dotson would the pick until I saw his combine.  I hate to base things on the combine, but I thought he was faster. Maybe he’s like 17 on the football field, runs much faster in games than on the 40 track.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Olave, Burks or London will be there when we pick, so I’ll exclude them.  

Jameson, Wilson, Dotson or Christian Watson are the other possibilities @ 25.  As it stands today, I’d probably take Jameson, then Watson, then Wilson, then Dotson.  In that order. 

the depth of the WR class has me thinking we go OL or CB in rd 1.  Give me Linderbaum or Zion. Elam or Gordon.  I think I’d take those 4 over the afore mentioned WRs that I believe have a chance to be there. 

I thought Dotson would the pick until I saw his combine.  I hate to base things on the combine, but I thought he was faster. Maybe he’s like 17 on the football field, runs much faster in games than on the 40 track.  

Agree with you there, though obviously some of it depends on what happens in FA.

I'm thinking CB in round 1, but what happens if Jordan Davis is there at 25? I can't imagine passing up on him.

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pickens running a 4.4 after that ACL injury was one of the most impressive performances of the combine.............I wasn't sure he could run that BEFORE the injury..........I think he's in play for the Chiefs in round 1 even.

Could be. I had him as a rd 2 guy and his combine performance only boosted his stock 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Pierces’ gauntlet drill was kind of ugly imo.

off topic:  what did you guys think of Garrett Wilson’s gauntlet drill?  I literally lol’d watching him jump into every pass and cross the line on each side by a foot.  Looked like a RB doing that drill

He always does that when he catches.Catches with his hands every single time and readjusts his positioning every catch. Allows him to make moves after the catch that you couldn’t normally make with all your momentum going one way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Agree with you there, though obviously some of it depends on what happens in FA.

I'm thinking CB in round 1, but what happens if Jordan Davis is there at 25? I can't imagine passing up on him.

I don’t think we’ll take Jordan Davis if he’s there.  Jmo

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

I don’t think the Bills will take Jordan Davis. Does not fit their profile at 1 tech, weight management and conditioning issues, not as effective against the pass as they want.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I picked Wan’Dale Robinson because I don’t think we go WR with our first pick, so we are looking at second round or later. Wan’Dale might be around for our second round pick. I also think we will grab two WR’s this draft, and there are many great options all over this draft. But I think they look for a slot WR with the higher pick of the two. 

• Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He always does that when he catches.Catches with his hands every single time and readjusts his positioning every catch. Allows him to make moves after the catch that you couldn’t normally make with all your momentum going one way.

After all these years of people playing wr, he’s the first to do this?  I guess it makes sense in some catch and run situations but every catch?  One of the requirements of the drill is to run along the straight line.  Training for the combine, one would think that he would attempt “not jump into passes” while attempting to run straight.  Idk. Dude seems extra raw to my eyes. Super talented though, no doubt.  I’d just take others ahead of him. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

After all these years of people playing wr, he’s the first to do this?  I guess it makes sense in some catch and run situations but every catch?  One of the requirements of the drill is to run along the straight line.  Training for the combine, one would think that he would attempt “not jump into passes” while attempting to run straight.  Idk. Dude seems extra raw to my eyes. Super talented though, no doubt.  I’d just take others ahead of him. 

Not the first, Michael Thomas did it too. Raw is one word I would not use to describe Wilson. He’s been making big plays since a true freshman. He was the best football player at Ohio state this year. 

The fast one with great change of direction skills, and great hands, jmo, 😁👍

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Bills go CB or DL with the first pick. There are plenty of quality WRs to get in the later rounds. Didn't we learn a lesson from the Sammy Watkins pick? 

I kind of feel like there is a lot of top end WR talent this year that might last to pick 25, not so sure about our 2nd pick.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Really deep class so I think Bills go CB rd 1 and WR Rd 2 - I am not sold that Williams is a lock for the Bills. He is not likely to strongly contribute this year given he is coming off of injury. It’s also telling that He could not break through at Ohio. Finally, he is known to take plays off which does not fit well with the type of player Buffalo is after. Yes, the locker room atmosphere may help with the latter issue but the Bills look for talent and work ethic.

Ohio State is always loaded.  Joe Burrow had to leave too.  Quinn Ewers just left.  Alabama is always loaded and he broke through there.  He can play.

I think the draft is deep at CB too.  So it comes down to who Beane thinks is the greater value at 25.  Williamson wouldn’t be near 25 if he hadn’t been injured and he still might go before then.  Can Beane ignore that?  Is Gordon/McCreary/Booth the same potential at their position as Williamson is at his?   I’m looking forward to April.  Bills are in a great spot.  If they go WR at 25 I chose Williams but I could see Dotson being the guy too.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, purple haze said:

Ohio State is always loaded.  Joe Burrow had to leave too.  Quinn Ewers just left.  Alabama is always loaded and he broke through there.  He can play.

I think the draft is deep at CB too.  So it comes down to who Beane thinks is the greater value at 25.  Williamson wouldn’t be near 25 if he hadn’t been injured and he still might go before then.  Can Beane ignore that?  Is Gordon/McCreary/Booth the same potential at their position as Williamson is at his?   I’m looking forward to April.  Bills are in a great spot.  If they go WR at 25 I chose Williams but I could see Dotson being the guy too.

To your points, it’s really hard to say.

We may all be surprised. I did not see them picking Groot last year and certainly did not see Basham as rd #2 pick on top of that. The Bills may get lucky with the BPA at #25. While I hardly doubt it will happen, it would also not shock me if they went interior o line at #25.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Didn’t Dotson run mid 4.4s?  That is PLENTY fast and he has outstanding hands as well.  Still, a little on the small side.  He looks like a potentially great slot - now do you draft a slot in round 1 - even late round 1?

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

If Jameson Williams is there at 25, I think we take him. 

He should be back to full speed/ability by the middle of the season, at the latest.  And if he never got hurt, there is zero chance he’d be there when we pick.  

Elite speed/talent out of the slot.  Fits in perfectly with Diggs and Davis. 

For me it's Jameson Williams @ 25 if he's there. Burks just doesn't have the speed we're looking for. Others I like in rounds 2-4 would be Dotson, Pierce, Skyy & Austin. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a wr at 25 and mid round?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The fastest one with the best hands

Reports are the Bills are looking for speed. 

or maybe it’s just preseason talk. 

That would be Jahan Dotson. One of the best pass catchers in the draft. He actually should have had better numbers. He was missed a lot during the year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.