Raiders getting calls from multiple teams for Derek Carr

BuffaloBills1998

Who’s going to actually give up real assets (a first rounder, plus) for him?  What franchise thinks they’re “a Derek Carr away from the Super Bowl”?  I can’t think of one… seems like something the Raiders leaked to generate interest…

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Dak Prescott/Lamar Jackson dilemma with Derek Carr. 

Not good enough to make you a year in/year out contender.  Not much postseason success.  Will require substantial investment. 

However… arguably a Top 10-12 QB and do you really want to start over when you know your QB is in the upper third conversation?

True, but Prescott at least has help. Carr is all alone, Renfrow is his #1. 

The Raiders will get alot worse if Carr leaves the building, he isn't the problem. 

Jackson's situation is another can of worms.

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Who’s going to actually give up real assets (a first rounder, plus) for him?  What franchise thinks they’re “a Derek Carr away from the Super Bowl”?  I can’t think of one… seems like something the Raiders leaked to generate interest…

Bucs and Steelers  might be interested...they have solid teams with no QB...

Edited by JaCrispy

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Carr and two firsts for Russell Wilson?

I’m thinking along these lines.  New HC in town who already might have something in the works for a different QB.  Now they are trying to pump up his value.

I feel about Carr a lot like I felt about Stafford.  What would he look like in the right situation?  In Tennessee, for example.  Lots of fans dramatically underestimate how much working with Daboll impacted Allen’s development.  He had a stable, consistent environment and a scheme that was tailored to his strengths and minimized his weaknesses.  There are a number of QBs we can look at as failures or under-performers that did not have that. 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Maybe they should consider giving him something better than Renfrow/Jones? IIRC, the raiders drafts are generally always head scratchers. Start there. Carr, while not elite, isn’t the problem there. 

They did and that idiot got hammered and hit a minivan at 150mph

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, if they let him go, they would have to start all over.

Do they really want that?

In a division with top end QBs of Mahomes and Herbert, do they really want to commit to a mid tier QB is their dilemma.  

Personally I think Carr is good enough to keep, but only up to a certain price.  He can’t carry a lesser team, so you need more cap flexibility to improve rest of roster more if you’re gonna commit to him and want to compete to win division.

I suspect he’s gonna get over paid though either by them or other teams.  

I like Carr but I think both sides could benefit from a restart. Raiders simply aren't going to be able to compete with the likes of KC and the Chargers consistently with the guys they have at QB. Carr is also not without blame. He fumbles way too much. He's lead the league in fumbles 2 of the last 4 seasons and has had 11+ fumbles in 3 of the last 4 seasons. 

45 minutes ago, vincec said:

I keep reading that the Raiders can't win a Super Bowl with Carr, but is Stafford really better than Carr? There were a lot of questions about him before he went to the Rams.

Did Stafford win the Rams a Super Bowl...or was it the All-Star cast they surrounded him with that got Stafford over the hump?

Playing the Bengals with that team around them I would suggest any of about 16-18 QBs would have won that game....INCLUDING Goff.

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

Dak Prescott/Lamar Jackson dilemma with Derek Carr. 

Not good enough to make you a year in/year out contender.  Not much postseason success.  Will require substantial investment. 

However… arguably a Top 10-12 QB and do you really want to start over when you know your QB is in the upper third conversation?

I mean I get why they keep him but realistically you are trading being slightly above average to good for the potential of being great 

The GM and Coach are relatively safe with him in terms of job security(as long as they don't have emails come out about them), but do they have a chance of winning a Super Bowl? 

Only if they can put an unbelievable team around him...it's possible, but very hard to do. Like 2-5% chance of it happening versus 15-20% chance if you have a stud QB.

Basically they have made their jobs a lot harder to do anything other than get a result somewhere between barely miss the playoffs to win a wildcard game and get bounced in the divisional round.

Personally I think I'd rather get what I could for him and start over when there is a good QB draft and you can move up high enough to get one.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean I get why they keep him but realistically you are trading being slightly above average to good for the potential of being great 

The GM and Coach are relatively safe with him in terms of job security(as long as they don't have emails come out about them), but do they have a chance of winning a Super Bowl? 

Only if they can put an unbelievable team around him...it's possible, but very hard to do. Like 2-5% chance of it happening versus 15-20% chance if you have a stud QB.

Basically they have made their jobs a lot harder to do anything other than get a result somewhere between barely miss the playoffs to win a wildcard game and get bounced in the divisional round.

Personally I think I'd rather get what I could for him and start over when there is a good QB draft and you can move up high enough to get one.

I see both sides of it for sure.  

Easy for us to (now) say they should trade him… Many of us would have killed for a Derek Carr type QB during the drought. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I see both sides of it for sure.  

Easy for us to (now) say they should trade him… Many of us would have killed for a Derek Carr type QB during the drought. 

Yeah but after 10 years of Andy Dalton in Cincinnati how many people were sad to see him go? Carr and Dalton are pretty comparable in that way.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.