Deep ball accuracy. Josh Allen #1

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

Wow, he really does just knock down one after another all of his deficiencies coming into the league.

At this rate, he’s going to be so far beyond what we thought a QB could be that we’ll only have to field Josh and 3 receivers.

Another thing Allen worked on in the off season and significantly improved.  This part of Allen's nature may be the most impressive.

34 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Simms thought Darnold was going to be great. 

As the late great Meatloaf would say "one out of two ain't bad".

16 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Another thing Allen worked on in the off season and significantly improved.  This part of Allen's nature may be the most impressive.

As the late great Meatloaf would say "one out of two ain't bad".

well, Simms batting average might be lower than my blood alcohol level right now. 

I think this was very solid analysis who admitted he laughed at the Bills for taking Josh Allen. Indicated this was by far the greatest deep ball passing that he has tracked in his 7 years of doing this .. by a far margin. Two years ago Josh was at the bottom of the list.

"Josh Allen is one of the most complete players in the league. The borderline generational arm talent from every platform imaginable of Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert is combined with the scrambling brilliance of Russell Wilson, the sequence breaking rushing ability of Cam Newton, and the ability to carry and take over a game like all the quarterbacks I just mentioned.

The Bills have waited for decades for that guy at quarterback, and we laughed when they chose Allen as that guy. The only people laughing now live in Buffalo, and it's at us."

His discussion of Josh's longest throw to Gabe Davis in the playoffs

"Longest Completion By Air Yards: Divisional Round at Kansas City (2:06 3Q: 56 air yards, 27 YAC to Gabriel Davis for the touchdown)

As pure of a piss missile as you can find. My jaw dropped when I saw this live. It's the kind of throw you talk about for decades upon decades as you brag to younger generations that you had it better as a sports fan in your 20s and 30s."

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Love seeing Allen at or near the top in every category.  I also love seeing Mac Jones at the bottom! 

McCorkle 31st in tight window accuracy, and Pats fans are still trying to defend his arm strength.

Amazing that Stafford has 1 TD to 8 INTs into tight windows.  The two QBs in the league with most tight window attempts are at the opposite end of the accuracy window from Allen, amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

Objectively, I would not call a 20 pass from Josh Allen a deep ball.  The guy throws lasers at that range.  What he legitimately struggles with are true deep balls >30 air yards.  Anything that involves lobbing it with a high arc and letting the receiver run under it.   He does a lot of things great, but that isn't one of them.  Thanks OK. Id rather a guy who can throw frozen ropes. 

• Disagree 1

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Let’s hope Buffalo has a coaching staff and #1 defense that can hold up for 13 seconds when they need to do so.  Keep in mind it takes more than a great QB to win the Lombardi. Peyton only has two. Arguably other than that count against Brady, Manning was the QB with more talent.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

Objectively, I would not call a 20 pass from Josh Allen a deep ball.  The guy throws lasers at that range.  What he legitimately struggles with are true deep balls >30 air yards.  Anything that involves lobbing it with a high arc and letting the receiver run under it.   He does a lot of things great, but that isn't one of them.  Thanks OK. Id rather a guy who can throw frozen ropes. 

You mean like the one against NE to Diggs in Buffalo? He is still great at those even if reciever drops it. No QB is completing 70% of those and he hits them as much as misses.

2 hours ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

Just needs to train a little with A-rod in the off-season. 

2 hours ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

So his accurate "deep" passes are mostly from 21-30 yards?  Has someone analyzed this?

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Anyone have a guess as to what his one inaccurate completion was? Or in other words, which receiver had the most amazing catch on the year?

Gabe Davis against jets?  That was a bit short and after a deflection Davis caught it (there was also DPI)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.