Cole Beasley given permission to seek trade

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sign Gronk and let him take Beasley's snaps. This is a no brainer. I hope Beasley finds a trade partner.

Maybe Jurah will sign him to a over priced contract, it is right up his alley. 

• Vomit 1

I would love to see the Bills trade Bease and go young/fast at WR, drafting two in the first four rounds.

That said, I doubt anyone trades for that contract. 

The most likely scenario is that Cole is back on a reduced salary, something like $3M.

Still, I hope the Bills make WR an early draft priority.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

Here's his replacement(He could also be a McKenzie replacement):

I love me some Kyle Philips.  He's the only thing that made UCLA watchable the past few years.  Measurables are below average, but the kid is just a football player who consistently makes play after play.  He'd be a great late round slot receiver selection.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

He's on the last yr of his contract w/ a base salary of $4.9m.  On the surface, he, at that price, is definitely worth something.  However...

w/o a longer contract in place, I think he's worth little more than a box of tape.

Presumably, no trade could be consummated until after his $1m roster bonus is due, which would result in a cap hit for us.

If a team could work out a contract extension, I'd be happy getting a 5-7th round perhaps contingent on production.

Otherwise, I guess it's hello Mr Turk, adios Beas.

His roster bonus is due 6 days after the start of the new year. There is absolutely no reason his trade can't be consummated before then. In fact, if the whole idea is to get rid of his cap space in time for the start of the league year (which, at this point, is when we need it), the trade can and should be agreed to ahead of time so it goes into effect at 4:00 PM exactly at the start of the new league year. He does have the cap hit for his prorated signing bonus, but that will hit our cap whether we trade, cut or keep him so it's moot.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I’m surprised at all the people who want him gone. He made some incredible catches and moves for first downs to keep the chains moving in some important spots. 

Yes, in 2021. I think he showed his age quite a bit in 2022. He wasn't getting open like he used to. I like the guy, but I'm not convinced he's the same asset he was for Josh when he first arrived. At his price, I think the Bills can better use the money elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would love to see the Bills trade Bease and go young/fast at WR, drafting two in the first four rounds.

That said, I doubt anyone trades for that contract. 

The most likely scenario is that Cole is back on a reduced salary, something like $3M.

Still, I hope the Bills make WR an early draft priority.

I disagree. If he plays for 3M it won't be here. My guess is that Cole is too proud for that. If there is no trade partner, he'll be cut, post some tweets and then sign somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I’m surprised at all the people who want him gone. He made some incredible catches and moves for first downs to keep the chains moving in some important spots. 

I thought he had a quiet year, but watching highlights showed me how important he was against KC in the big drives, the Tampa comeback too iirc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

I thought he had a quiet year, but watching highlights showed me how important he was against KC in the big drives, the Tampa comeback too iirc

Yes, but it's a question of dollars.  Moving on from Beas, giving Davis a bigger role and adding a new face can be just as effective, and will cost less or build better the future.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's nuts how many people are almost to the point of indignant when referring to Beasley.  All he has ever done with the team is come up clutch in hugely important games and has had lots of production.   Yeah, his yards per catch went down but the dude gave it his all and that all was a huge net positive for his team.

I would hope that we could bring him back but if not, then I wish him the best and thank him for his services which contributed to our past two seasons which have been the best 2 seasons since the early 90's.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, but it's a question of dollars.  Moving on from Beas, giving Davis a bigger role and adding a new face can be just as effective, and will cost less or build better the future.  

For sure, I'm alright with any outcome but we will need to be rock solid with our WR moves this offseason especially if he and Isaiah are gone. Depth will suddenly be an issue 

9 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I disagree. If he plays for 3M it won't be here. My guess is that Cole is too proud for that. If there is no trade partner, he'll be cut, post some tweets and then sign somewhere else.

Bingo!  He is a proud player and he probably wouldn't take that sort of a pay cut or any to remain a Bill.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.