Cole Beasley given permission to seek trade

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol Omar. Miami does have a lot of cap space so maybe they do it but I would want decent compensation from them if I’m Beane 

Please someone give us a third. But I'll settle for a fourth. 

FYI this saves us a bout 6 mil in cap space

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Please someone give us a third. But I'll settle for a fourth. 

FYI this saves us a bout 6 mil in cap space

I’d take a 7th. If he doesn’t want to be here I’d much prefer to use the money and pay for someone who does. 

I only want players that have one goal in mind. Beasley has too many agendas to focus on the one thing that matters. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I’m surprised at all the people who want him gone. He made some incredible catches and moves for first downs to keep the chains moving in some important spots. 

I love the guy, and he had a great few years here, but sign me up for a guy like Jameson Williams to take our offense to the next level. 

Regardless, with Knox’s emergence, it affects the portion of the field Beas works.  Kind of redundant - especially if we’re looking to upgrade TE2

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol Omar. Miami does have a lot of cap space so maybe they do it but I would want decent compensation from them if I’m Beane 

Maybe I'm just underrating his value. I guess his number isn't that high if you plan on him being a 80+ catch player. I just feel like he showed a decline. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

He's on the last yr of his contract w/ a base salary of $4.9m.  On the surface, he, at that price, is definitely worth something.  However...

w/o a longer contract in place, I think he's worth little more than a box of tape.

Presumably, no trade could be consummated until after his $1m roster bonus is due, which would result in a cap hit for us.

If a team could work out a contract extension, I'd be happy getting a 5-7th round perhaps contingent on production.

Otherwise, I guess it's hello Mr Turk, adios Beas.

1 hour ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I’m surprised at all the people who want him gone. He made some incredible catches and moves for first downs to keep the chains moving in some important spots. 

It's about the cap. We have little to no money, he would save a bunch by not being here, we have a lot of work to be done at other positions, he's no better than our 3rd option at WR on a team with a real good TE, and there's a lot of speedy WR's in the draft.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.