Cole Beasley given permission to seek trade

BillsMafi$

13 minutes ago, T&C said:

His music or whatever it is... is horrible. Listen to a half an hour of it and you'll know why it wasn't even in their periscope.

I call rap "crap" thinking the c is silent but there are different tastes in music. 

Not a racial thing for I like old style Rhythm and Blues, Reggae and Jazz.

His music is on multiple music platforms and multiple music studios.

The point is the Bills could have done it without NFL fining them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SoMAn said:

It amazes me how political views and personal choices have polluted every facet of our culture.  I liked Beasley a lot for his contributions as a football player. Anything else I don't care about. 

If he wants to hang his toilet paper the wrong way - don't care

if he want to tattoo his face with images of the 3 stooges - don't care

if he rubs one out to Rosie O'Donnell - don't care

if his favorite painter is Jackson Polack - don't care

can he get a first down for the Bills when needed - ok, now you have my attention

Woof! The Rosie Rub was about an abstract of a comment as a *Pollock painting. Well done! 😀

rosie o donnell GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Woof! The Rosie Rub was about an abstract of a comment as a *Pollock painting. Well done! 😀

rosie o donnell GIF

You picked up on both. Excellent! 
Especially the reference to the famous dogs playing poker artist from Krakow, Jackson Polack. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoMAn said:

It amazes me how political views and personal choices have polluted every facet of our culture.  I liked Beasley a lot for his contributions as a football player. Anything else I don't care about. 

If he wants to hang his toilet paper the wrong way - don't care

if he want to tattoo his face with images of the 3 stooges - don't care

if he rubs one out to Rosie O'Donnell - don't care

if his favorite painter is Jackson Polack - don't care

can he get a first down for the Bills when needed - ok, now you have my attention

It's not the political views themselves. I really don't think that's it at all.

It's the fact he's showed he's willing to take fines for ignoring league and team rules he doesn't like. It's that he feels the need to talk about his views even during camp, and even during the season. Teams want their guys focused. Beasley has showed he feels comfortable starting distractions during the season.

There are several guys on the Bills who are anti-vax and are still on the team today. Not Beasley. And while part of that is absolutely that he's lost a step, a lot more of it is that he won't shut up and focus.

And speaking of "lost a step," you ask if he can get a first down for the Bills when needed, and the answer appears to be that he's pretty likely to be able to do that if the defense is kind enough to play zone for him, but if they're in man his odds drop a lot. That certainly factors in, here and around the league.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

At this point I’m so over the vacc. Non vacc. Argument, but you made very good pts. In losing a step, and creating distractions during a season.  It’s not what this team is about as they are on a mission.

NFL GM’s in 31 other markets have not picked him up during free agency, before the draft, after the draft, and now  not before the start of training camp.  What does that tell you about his ability to help a team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

At this point I’m so over the vacc. Non vacc. Argument, but you made very good pts. In losing a step, and creating distractions during a season.  It’s not what this team is about as they are on a mission.

NFL GM’s in 31 other markets have not picked him up during free agency, before the draft, after the draft, and now  not before the start of training camp.  What does that tell you about his ability to help a team.

Precisely. That's exactly the question.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/26/2022 at 5:31 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Mike Garafolo related to his agent somehow? Yes Beas is going to be a red-hot commodity when free agency starts... *checks calendar*  four months ago.

No team is particularly interested in Cole, otherwise he wouldn’t be sitting out there with all the rest of the lightly desirable old football players who  “still have something in the tank” which is a kind way of saying they are of situational use and likely to be injured yet again, which as we all know is never a roster priority for any team. 

• Disagree 1

If it weren't for the covid stuff last season, he'd be on a team. I honestly think his impact would have been much larger last season if he were 100% focused on football.  It's a shame, because before all that nonsense he was really great for this Bills team and super fun to watch and cheer for.

• Agree 2

As someone who respects Cole for his stance, but also thinks he went overboard a bit, I think he felt that being in NY (and on a team with some unvaxxed guys) that he needed to make a point.   

If he wanted a Crowder deal, he'd be on a team.  He clearly does not.  I think it's debatable that he'd get the salary/opp he's looking for if he simply was quieter last year.  

He's still a good player, but he's also lost a step. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

He’s top 10 in the entire league for receptions over the last two years. He should be looking for a respectable deal and not welcome some discounted rate for his Covid stances he promoted. It’s a shame that a player can come out and be pro-vax and that’s widely accepted but if you speak against it, then it comes with a penalty. There was no real lost of focus cause of some tweets and statements. That is such hogwash I don’t even wish to debate it. Anywho, I believe Cole is just being patient and doesn’t mind giving his 33 year old body a break from training camp. He WILL be signed some time in August.

Unless he gets on board with an elite QB those reception numbers are going to drop noticeably, his reception numbers are in direct correlation to the guy who was throwing the ball to him, ask John Brown, Diggs or Cole, they all had personal best seasons because Josh Allen was throwing the ball to them, same thing is gonna happen for Davis…, who is throwing passes to Cole Beasley this up coming season???  Just something to take into consideration. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.