Cole Beasley given permission to seek trade

BillsMafi$

🍿 very interesting. What will be the final outcome of this Cole Beasley saga......film at 11....

Im good either way. Would rather they be keeping him as a valuable WR asset but it is outta my control...a guess? He will be a Bill next season. I hope so anyway. 

*shrugs*

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

You make a good point about other QBs achieving success after many years.  But after his amazing MVP season, he has regressed in each of the two following years.  If the team ever goes far with him under center, it will be a run like the Dilfer Ravens and the Manning Broncos; where the QB meant next to nothing.

Likely opposing teams have figured him out to some degree making it tougher.  Couple that with not having the greatest arm strength makes it tough to win with him deep into playoffs.

Next problem for Baltimore is Jackson wants to be paid like the big boys, but he's really not in their league.   If they do pay him that much, then makes it even tougher to win as he's going to eat up to much of the cap for not displaying an amazing level of play.

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I thought the soon to be 33 year old receiver who lost a step in 2021 and was infamously a huge distraction for the team would have some takers by now.

There may be interest, but can't agree on salary or compensation to the Bills.  Could be an 11th hour announcement.  Until FA starts, I don't read much into announcements or lack there of.

If a team was dumb enough to trade something for an 800 yard receiver Amari Cooper and his ridiculous $20M cap hit...........then it is actually possible someone trades something for Beasley.    Can't believe I am saying that but all it takes is one stupid team like the Browns.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If a team was dumb enough to trade something for an 800 yard receiver Amari Cooper and his ridiculous $20M cap hit...........then it is actually possible someone trades something for Beasley.    Can't believe I am saying that but all it takes is one stupid team like the Browns.

Cooper has all his teeth and doesn't make garbage rap songs (at least 8 think he doesnt)

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

in the sense that all 32 teams are contenders, yes they are a contender.  A 5% chance to win is not really a contender.  Put another way if the 2021 Bills with Josh Allen playing at the level he did could not advance to the championship game with Beasley, it is not reasonable to think Beasley would put the Ravens over the top. Its quite absurd actually. 

They're actually 4th to win the AFC right now behind the Bills, Chiefs, and Broncos according to Fanduel.  Ahead of the Chargers and Bengals (who I also consider contenders).  You need better metrics than public perception to come up with a "percentage" of their Super Bowl odds.  I agree with you when it comes to Beasley though.

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Didn't he just go 0-4 as a starter?

He went 1-3 with two losses by a point against the Packers and Rams.  He's a perfectly capable backup.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huntley is a FA. Speaking of that….

He is?  Didn't they tender him?

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm all for keeping Bease, just at differently structured contract, assuming he's willing. If give him an intentive laced contract and give him a base salary of like 3 million, with like 500k in incentives and a 1 million signing bonus 

I agree that you don’t have to cut him. I doubt he finds a trade, but his cap hit is fine for what he offers. I doubt he agrees to anything, but the Bills don’t have to move him. 

2 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Welp highly doubt we’ll get anything for Cole considering what cooper just went for 

On the plus side, Cooper is younger (rising 28 vs rising 33) and has multiple thousand+ yd seasons on his resume

On the minus side, Cooper brought with him, a $20M cap hit for the next 3 years and in 2020, Beasley did as well or better in Yds/Tgt

37 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm all for keeping Bease, just at differently structured contract, assuming he's willing. If give him an intentive laced contract and give him a base salary of like 3 million, with like 500k in incentives and a 1 million signing bonus 

I think there's a mixed record on asking players to take salary cuts. 

Addison seemed to do OK with it as a "contract year".  Morse seemed motivated and energized.  Butler seemed severely demotivated.

I am basing this on nothing but "gut feel", but  despite his talk of money not being a factor for him and he doesn't care if he plays for free, I believe Beasley would fall into the "demotivated" category.

Either cut him, or leave him be

36 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree that you don’t have to cut him. I doubt he finds a trade, but his cap hit is fine for what he offers. I doubt he agrees to anything, but the Bills don’t have to move him. 

6.2 yds/target on 112 targets and almost 2/3 of the offensive snaps is not very good production

Just for compariso, click to embiggen.  Y/Target is the 4th number from the right.  The yellow highlighted number is targets (since I had to paste the header in separately)

image.thumb.png.6d2994550f04055c419a121597056b73.png

image.thumb.png.9d081326dec57ea178192a3f3b57674b.png

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

6.2 yds/target on 112 targets and almost 2/3 of the offensive snaps is not very good production

Just for compariso, click to embiggen.  Y/Target is the 4th number from the right.  The yellow highlighted number is targets (since I had to paste the header in separately)

image.thumb.png.6d2994550f04055c419a121597056b73.png

image.thumb.png.9d081326dec57ea178192a3f3b57674b.png

I guess my place is that he isn’t asked to do what some of those others guys do. He is still pretty productive as compared to other slot guys no? He makes a lot less money than a lot of those guys on that list, and some of those guys are stars. I get you though. You can probably plug anybody in that spot and they would give the same ot more production with Josh in there. He has like zero YAC, but that has never been his game. I don’t care if we keep him or not, I don’t mind the number or production, but I do mind if he is being a giant douche behind the scenes. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.