Cole Beasley given permission to seek trade

BillsMafi$

Seems like the Giants are the perfect trading partner.

Package Beasley and a 5th or 6th to Jersey for Saquon.  Saquan is reportedly worth a 4th, so Beas and a later pick seems right.  Daboll needs Beas to help Jones.   

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Beasley’s health opinion: vaccines are a personal choice  

Fans: Boo trade him for a pickled egg

Gronk’s health opinion: Tre White’s exposed head should be a target for my metal arm

Fans: Sign him at all costs

beasleys ypc: 8.5

gronks ypc: 14.6

• Like (+1) 1

I used to think that having Beasley made Josh look better then he was. It turned out being it was the other way around. Good luck Beas catching passes from Daniel Jones. Look for his production to drop 50%. Not sure why there not much McK love here. I think he'd be a huge upgrade at this point, plus he has many more additional skills. Sign him. The grass is seldom always greener.         

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

It’d be better for Beasley if he was cut than traded.  That tells me the Bills aren’t asking for a re-structure because then Beasley would just say cut me.   

I don't agree that it would be better for him to be cut than traded.  He's in line to get $6.1M between roster, workout bonuses and salary.

I'm not so sure he gets that on the open market.  He *might* get $6M in non-guaranteed salary, or he might get $3M, or he might get vet min.

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

The guy has never played like Kupp.  If he had that kind of talent, we would have seen it by now.  Love him, great role player, but he is a role player.  Some team that thinks they have a one-year window might bite, a team that sees him as the crucial final piece for the receiver room.  But not a team that is building for the long term.  

It's not just that, but he had a wildly successful 2020 running option routes and Mouse Davis/June Jones secondary route concepts.  Those were a lot less successful this past season for a number of reasons.

We don't know yet what kind of offense Ken Dorsey and Joe Brady intend to install, but if they intend to cut back on the option routes and Davis/Jones secondary route concepts, their offense might not suit Beasley as well.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I’d rather see us figure a way to keep him. His production dropped a little bit but he is still a key contributor and I think we’ll need him next year when we make a real big push for the Super Bowl

~30% less receiving yards and ~40% fewer 1Ds on 5 more targets and the exact same number of receptions.

What's "a little bit" look like to you?

1 hour ago, Preds said:

Package Beasley and a 5th or 6th to Jersey for Saquon.  Saquan is reportedly worth a 4th, so Beas and a later pick seems right.  Daboll needs Beas to help Jones.   

That's actually not a totally unreasonable suggestion value for value. 

Unless Bease renegotiates though, not sure the G-men have the cap space even after they dump Barkley

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes it is a brutal business. We all love what Beasley brought but we felt the same about Robert Woods and John Brown. In life you either get too expensive or too old. There's alot of fast wrs in this draft who might actually help dig us out of YAC last place.

I thought that we tried to keep Woods but that he wanted to move to the Left Coast.

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Honestly it would bum me out to not see him here when we win it

WHEN we win a Super Bowl, there will be players who, even if they aren’t on the team, we will remember as the building blocks that got us there.  

Cole Beasley will certainly be one of those guys.   

• Agree 1

Loved Beasley early on as he was exactly what Josh needed. 

But this year showed me that id rather have Lil Dirty at far cheaper and way less distractions. Plus Dirty brings some juice for explosive play opportunities 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not just that, but he had a wildly successful 2020 running option routes and Mouse Davis/June Jones secondary route concepts.  Those were a lot less successful this past season for a number of reasons.

We don't know yet what kind of offense Ken Dorsey and Joe Brady intend to install, but if they intend to cut back on the option routes and Davis/Jones secondary route concepts, their offense might not suit Beasley as well.

Thanks.  That's a better informed statement of what I've been trying to say about things changing.  Teams adjust, and what used to work doesn't necessarily work any longer.  Players come and go, coaches come and go, and change happens.   The Bills' passing game in 22 will be different from 21, and that's true whether Beasley stays or goes.  And if he goes, the Bills' passing game will be better or worse, not so much because Beasley left as because it's a new season with new players, new coaches, and new challenges.  

McDermott's plan is to build and build and build.  That necessarily means that there's always going to be some tearing down in order to build some more.   Your core guys, you keep for as long as you can; they're your foundation.  But the other guys get cleared out so more building can go on.  Smoke, probably McKenzie, Beas, maybe Sanders.  They aren't the core, and it seems the Bills and Cole have decided that it's the end of the road for Beas.  It's all in the ordinary course of team management.  

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

WHEN we win a Super Bowl, there will be players who, even if they aren’t on the team, we will remember as the building blocks that got us there.  

Cole Beasley will certainly be one of those guys.   

Kyle Williams was the first.  Sometime after they win it, McDermott will give credit to the players who came before.  Williams will be on the top of the list, and I agree that Beasley certainly should be on it, too.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Preds said:

Nfl network said Saquon is not on the market. 

I’m just looking at his on the field stuff here, but man was Cole a damn sure thing on 3rd down so many times. I’m not sure what led to this but I hope he gets what he needs and we get someone with hands like his. I respect what he brought on the field and what he did to help Josh become who he is.

Best of luck Beas. Thank you for being part of something special

Look at every quality Bills WR at playing age 33 and then go look at their production. Only a HOFer will be highly productive. 
Sorry but Beasley’s size and age are now showing up in his durability and agility, so even though he plays hurt it affects his production and takes someone else off the field that has more athleticism, so he must be a bargain basement signing or he needs to go. 
Belicheat sucks but he always knew when players needed to go before their downturn. Time for us to stop hanging onto players who are going downward because we like them. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Preds said:

seems like an awful fit for importing a team first culture like you would want from your old building… but what do I know, beane traded for KB

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.