Cole Beasley given permission to seek trade

BillsMafi$

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

Well, change eventually happens to every team. Beasley's skill on the field is hard to replace. For people talking about re-signing McKenzie, I think that ship sailed. He'll end up in NY with Daboll is my bet. We could go after Jamison Crowder, who is 5 years younger than Beasley and just as shifty. Or we could go after Christian Kirk, who we could move around with Diggs into various sets. 

I think you're over pricing what they would put into the position.  Crowder and Kirk are both expected to go over $12M, and will want multi-year deals on top of that.  So, sure they would be nice to have put they don't fit a medium term solution.

I think the more likely plan is to get a bridge and a draft pick.  The bridge probably would have been McKenzie but I don't know now.  One plan is to wait out the FA rush and see who got left behind.  Then offer the low end market rate of around $6M.  And of course there is always my hope of adding Gronk.

I loved what Beasley did for the Bills. Dude is fantastic at finding spots in a zone. This year he looked slower to me. He was also a distraction for much of the year, and that was kind of a pain. I do think in some ways his anti-vax thing and overall negativity was a bad influence on some players. He's 32 and in decline, but still good.

So he's a good vet, and would be good to have back from a football standpoint, but not at his salary. Every year he's going to get slower. 

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I’m surprised at all the people who want him gone. He made some incredible catches and moves for first downs to keep the chains moving in some important spots. 

just not enough of them this season for the money.. and another year older and beat up doesn't bode well for improving on that front. 

Edited by Malazan

10 minutes ago, todd said:

I loved what Beasley did for the Bills. Dude is fantastic at finding spots in a zone. This year he looked slower to me. He was also a distraction for much of the year, and that was kind of a pain. I do think in some ways his anti-vax thing and overall negativity was a bad influence on some players. He's 32 and in decline, but still good.

So he's a good vet, and would be good to have back from a football standpoint, but not at his salary. Every year he's going to get slower. 

I disagree...I would describe Beasley’s behavior, throughout the year, as mostly peaceful...😉

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him on the Giants to be honest. But I think they likely will wait till Cole is cut. I just don’t see this ending in a trade but stranger things have happened.

I'm not sure about the Giants as they got some cap issues too but he would fit there.

I could see a number of teams interested in Cole, especially teams with younger QBs.

Jags and Jets come to mind.  They got the money too.

If Beane could grab one of Jax's 6th rounders (they got 3) that would be awesome.

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think you're over pricing what they would put into the position.  Crowder and Kirk are both expected to go over $12M, and will want multi-year deals on top of that.  So, sure they would be nice to have put they don't fit a medium term solution.

I think the more likely plan is to get a bridge and a draft pick.  The bridge probably would have been McKenzie but I don't know now.  One plan is to wait out the FA rush and see who got left behind.  Then offer the low end market rate of around $6M.  And of course there is always my hope of adding Gronk.

Is Crowder expected to go for 12M?? I’d be shocked if he signed for that much. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Beane could grab one of Jax's 6th rounders (they got 3) that would be awesome.

League rules state 'Jacksonville' and 'grab' cannot be used in the same thread posting.  The New England Patriots are awarded an extra conditional draft pick.

image.thumb.jpeg.3cf44b2380abe4675f3a030fe7182784.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Of course, they want that contract honored. 

Unguaranteed contract dollars are effectively a team option............everyone knows those aren't two-way agreements.............and he knew when he was flexing on twitter and averaging just 8 measly yards per catch and missing the most important regular season game of the year.............that he was risking that option being exercised.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes it is a brutal business. We all love what Beasley brought but we felt the same about Robert Woods and John Brown. In life you either get too expensive or too old. There's alot of fast wrs in this draft who might actually help dig us out of YAC last place.

Woods wasn’t anything like this situation. He wanted to play on the west. Coast.  He wouldn’t resign here.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, Billsrhody said:

Is Crowder expected to go for 12M?? I’d be shocked if he signed for that much. 

I agree and with his injury history I doubt he gets that many years. His age doesn't help him but still a great slot WR.

Edited by The Jokeman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.