Speculative article on friction between McDermott and Staff?

BillsMafi$

44 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The space between ‘fake stories’ and sensationalism and innuendo is where these types of articles live because unsophisticated audiences eat it up.

ehat part of the story is factually incorrect and how did you determine this?

Just like any profession, there's always going to be internal conflict within an organization.

If this current regime and roster had won a SB this was be epitome of a non issue, but you do have to be concerned about this type of information after the debacle at the end of the Chiefs game and connecting the dots here.

And I maintain it paints a picture about McDermott that furthers the point that he may not be as safe in Buffalo long term that some believe. You also have to wonder if his message has become stale in the lockerroom how that may impact things this summer. If this team gets off to a slow start this season or fails to meet the right expectations (i.e. SB appearance at minimum) I would bet the house that McDermott will not be in Buffalo next year.

2 hours ago, turftoe said:

Tyler Dunne probably spent too much time with Jerry Sullivan. He writes like him. Snarky, looking to create a controversy, outsider looking in and reporting as such. No real substance.

Sully > Dunne and it’s not even close. Sully doesn’t make things up for hits.

30 minutes ago, junior said:

Dunne seems to have a hard-on for hating McDermott. He rips on him every chance it gets... it's kind of weird.

Whaley’s puppet.

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

I saw one quote from a player.  And usually without context these quotes are made out to be way more than they really are.  One player asking about practicing accountability is not “some players think he is full of *****”

I think posters who agree with that sentiment will say that is what they were implying if not exactly said.

The same people usually have are buried in dung up to their nose.

36 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

My impressions about Coach are very favorable.  He seems to be fair and no-nonsense, and his strong sense of accountability is balanced with letting his OC and DC implement their styles.  I think Daboll has been a big part of our success, even though Coach probably did some second guessing.  However, if he is really a "my way or the highway", then the his shelf life might be something to question.  The GOAT [CHEATING] coach embraces the "my way or the highway" and made it work, but that kind of leadership usually comes up wanting in every organization.  You can get away with it when things are going good, but not otherwise usually.

He clearly was not that way with Rick Dennison.  Dennison wanted P5t5rman as QB and staked his career on it even announcing him as starter before game.

Coach McD appears to believe to let staff on limb and then they take consequences of their actions.

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just like any profession, there's always going to be internal conflict within an organization.

If this current regime and roster had won a SB this was be epitome of a non issue, but you do have to be concerned about this type of information after the debacle at the end of the Chiefs game and connecting the dots here.

And I maintain it paints a picture about McDermott that furthers the point that he may not be as safe in Buffalo long term that some believe. You also have to wonder if his message has become stale in the lockerroom how that may impact things this summer. If this team gets off to a slow start this season or fails to meet the right expectations (i.e. SB appearance at minimum) I would bet the house that McDermott will not be in Buffalo next year.

Where do you get your moving boxes from?

• Haha (+1) 1

I knew it the minute I saw everyone else eating Kim's baked goodies.....but McD over to the side eating his oatmeal.....not a team player

58 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sources say he overruled the special teams coach and told Bass to kick deep.

The 2 defensive calls I always believed were on McDermott. He called timeout to set them up.

What sources said that???  I heard the opposite and the decision to squib the kick was not communicated to Bass.  That's why players looked to the sidelines with their arms raised like they expected something different than a deep kick.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

What sources said that???  I heard the opposite and the decision to squib the kick was not communicated to Bass.  That's why players looked to the sidelines with their arms raised like they expected something different than a deep kick.

The morning show on WGR said McDermott overruled the special teams coach. The call was squib left, McDermott changed last minute to kick deep.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I knew it the minute I saw everyone else eating Kim's baked goodies.....but McD over to the side eating his oatmeal.....not a team player

It was Raisin Bran but yes, better start eating Kim’s baked goods after that chiefs debacle! 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The morning show on WGR said McDermott overruled the special teams coach. The call was squib left, McDermott changed last minute to kick deep.

Who on the morning show said that?  I heard the opposite from others on WGR.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So which narrative is correct? Do I need to play 8 bucks to find out 

I wouldn't.  I don't think you'll find out with certainty anyway.  McD simply said "it came down to execution."  And then "it starts with me."  I'm listening to Dunne on WGR now and Dunne is saying the last 13 seconds came down to McD.  

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dunne compared McDermott  to Rex on the radio 

Compared in terms of saying he's not Rex. He said Rex had crazy stuff happening all the time.

16 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Who on the morning show said that?  I heard the opposite from others on WGR.

Jeremy. They were just starting to read the article.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

It’s official, Bills are now a dominant franchise and will be the target from here on out, get used to the masses revelling in the idea of bringing down the new evil empire. 

Or McDermott blew it with 13 seconds and some in the building are understandably upset, or most likely both are true.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dunne just said the kickoff team was told squib left and bass kicked it deep. There were 126 seconds and he doesn’t know if McDermott overruled it or if Farwell didn’t get the message to bass. He says you can draw conclusions. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Compared in terms of saying he's not Rex. He said Rex had crazy stuff happening all the time.

Jeremy. They were just starting to read the article.

He’s saying it was a Rex-like situation

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.