Speculative article on friction between McDermott and Staff?

BillsMafi$

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, because McD didn't come out and put everyone at fault on full blast in the media...more "nameless players" feel he's not practicing accountability? Of course had he done that the same "nameless player" might say he's throwing guys under the bus and airing dirty laundry.

BTW, as far as holding people accountable...where is the ST Coordinator now? Oh right...gone. Allowed to look for other opportunities. Or if the guys contract was up...he wasn't retained. Seems accountability may have happened.

speulcation this morning is McD overruled the ST coordinator and he resigned..... so.........

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

See above.  players will tell you it's not conjecture.  He clearly blamed their "execution" for the collapse.

I've basically seen all of McD's interviews since then.  He includes himself in the failed execution and never once has named anyone else.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

We will find out pretty quickly next season.  If the players start tuning out McD because of the Chiefs debacle (which 100% was a McD failure), it’ll show up as soon as they face some adversity.  

Yes it will, but rose colored galsses folks will tell you because people arnt being named that its all a bunch of nothing,. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So the first part of this is saying he should do what he has done at many pressers for years.

The second part says it's disingenuous and fake. 

I’m talking about this specific game, these specific 13 seconds.  Arguably the worst loss in Bills history.  How he handled it afterwords was weak, and it’s clearly bothering some of his coaches and players.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every time I bring it up people want to cry but this defense needs to be better. I bet there is friction because of the way Fraizer calls the defense. We had wonderful stats this season…I fully understand that. We also played against a lot of really bad Offenses. It seems like every good QB carves us. It also seems like when we truly need a big stop, we rarely get it. Physical teams push us around and we can’t stop the run. We have elite talent in the backend of this defense. I think we could be an all time defense with the right DC. I bet McDermott feels like the stats don’t tell the tale here and that they are capable of being better. Probably causes friction 

The defense absolutely needs to be better. I don't care what the ranking was they were not a #1 defense. Got shredded against good teams every time. It will be interesting to see what Beane does this offseason with the draft and FA. I know CB is a need but I hope Beane can improve the front 7 with an improved pass rush and run defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

so what does "isnt all that unusual" mean to you? 

Goes and checks how many other teams are talking about friction between coaching staff and speculation that the ST coordinator resigned because of a disagreement about a crucial play with a HC. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

I’m talking about this specific game, these specific 13 seconds.  Arguably the worst loss in Bills history.  How he handled it afterwords was weak, and it’s clearly bothering some of his coaches and players.

Nameless, faceless coaches and players. Gotcha.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, dude was good, but kinda fell off when he hitched his wagon to Whaley/Monos and tried to stir the pot last year.

He went on his own and now needs to sell his product. It was a brave call, but his journalism has got increasingly sensational (not just about the Bills but about other teams to) because he needs to drive traffic and subscriptions as an online independent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

We will find out pretty quickly next season.  If the players start tuning out McD because of the Chiefs debacle (which 100% was a McD failure), it’ll show up as soon as they face some adversity.  

It is one of the things Sean has done very well though in his time here is get people back together after incidents that had the potential to drive them apart. I think that is a skill in itself. Some people have it, some people don't. I don't disagree that is is a challenge for him again at the start of next year coming out of the playoff loss. I'd just expect him to succeed at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Goes and checks how many other teams are talking about friction between coaching staff and speculation that the ST coordinator resigned because of a disagreement about a crucial play with a HC. 

YOU are the only one I've seen driving this "speculation". Seems we're in some sort of twitter feedback loop on a line of bull####.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agreed. A fast start, especially if done convincingly, will go a long ways to smooth things out. If they lose early (and how/why they lose) could lead to a fire from the current smoke. 

In a perfect world, the Bills take all of this and go on a "revenge" tour next season and destroy the competition.

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I've basically seen all of McD's interviews since then.  He includes himself in the failed execution and never once has named anyone else.

He includes himself, but in a coy way, where he also lets you think it was proabably soemoen elses fault. To me if it was 99% on him, he should've come out within 48 hours of the game and owned it. By leaving it to everyone's imaginations he's doing the coaching staff and team a great disservice.

It got to the point where our kicker reposted videos of him squib kicking a day after the game on social media because so many people started speculating that he messed up.  McDermott talks the talk, but if it was his fault and he's hiding from it, than how can anyone on the team take him serious? If a player fumbles, McDermott will bench them and ridicule them......but if he's responsible for some truly bone headed decisions he seems to protect himself behind "organizational communication & execution".  That's weak, really weak.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is one of the things Sean has done very well though in his time here is get people back together after incidents that had the potential to drive them apart. I think that is a skill in itself. Some people have it, some people don't. I don't disagree that is is a challenge for him again at the start of next year coming out of the playoff loss. I'd just expect him to succeed at it. 

Favorable breaks in scheduling have also played a key role at keeping the team together and allowing bounce backs.

How many times did they write “Bills Get Right” after a loss by beating a completley decimated team.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.