Speculative article on friction between McDermott and Staff?

BillsMafi$

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

See above.  players will tell you it's not conjecture.  He clearly blamed their "execution" for the collapse.

Only if you are one of those people who believe that reporters simply make up quotes and stories such as these. 

I understand the Bills having a lot of players play back but they should have had someone in Hill and Kelce's face on that play. Don't let them run down field uncontested like they did. 13 seconds cost us a good shot at winning the Super Bowl. McDermott ****ed up in that spot. That is on him in how they played coverage on that play. I won't get over 13 seconds until the Bills are back in the playoffs ready to make another run.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Here comes Buffalo media to try and get attention. Happened with the Sabres. Anytime there's a successful team in Buffalo the local media reports about all the friction in the organization.

This stuff happens everywhere. I don't understand why Buffalo media has to make news about it every single time.

Maybe because it happens everywhere and they make news about it everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe because it happens everywhere and they make news about it everywhere.

There was a report about the Chiefs friction with coaches just a couple weeks ago. It's over. I guarantee Buffalo media will push this all offseason. It's been building for a month now.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

Every time I bring it up people want to cry but this defense needs to be better. I bet there is friction because of the way Fraizer calls the defense. We had wonderful stats this season…I fully understand that. We also played against a lot of really bad Offenses. It seems like every good QB carves us. It also seems like when we truly need a big stop, we rarely get it. Physical teams push us around and we can’t stop the run. We have elite talent in the backend of this defense. I think we could be an all time defense with the right DC. I bet McDermott feels like the stats don’t tell the tale here and that they are capable of being better. Probably causes friction 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, because McD didn't come out and put everyone at fault on full blast in the media...more "nameless players" feel he's not practicing accountability? Of course had he done that the same "nameless player" might say he's throwing guys under the bus and airing dirty laundry.

BTW, as far as holding people accountable...where is the ST Coordinator now? Oh right...gone. Allowed to look for other opportunities. Or if the guys contract was up...he wasn't retained. Seems accountability may have happened.

As the “leader” of the team say something like “I’m the head coach of this team, I didn’t perform up to our high standards.  This loss is 100% on me.  I’m sorry to my players, I’m sorry to my coaches.  I will work tirelessly to not just learn from this but to be better for the team and the fans.”   Even if it wasn’t specifically his fault, that’s what leaders do and say.

This is where his boring, cliche based communication style really does him a disservice.  It comes across as disingenuous and fake.

• Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Again...nameless "sources". A nameless source is useless because it could literally be anyone with anywhere from up close knowledge to bring a friend of a friend of a guy that Farwell coached with for a season 4 years ago that is speculating because of aomething he heard while in the bathroom stall being talked about by 2 guys that habe no idea the working of the Bills.

And the prevailing idea is that, no he was not fired. His contract was likely up and he was free to leave. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

As the “leader” of the team say something like “I’m the head coach of this team, I didn’t perform up to our high standards.  This loss is 100% on me.  I’m sorry to my players, I’m sorry to my coaches.  I will work tirelessly to not just learn from this but to be better for the team and the fans.”   Even if it wasn’t specifically his fault, that’s what leaders do and say.

This is where his boring, cliche based communication style really does him a disservice.  It comes across as disingenuous and fake.

He should be less boring and cliche based...Like the consensus greatest coach ever, Bill Belichick.  All the best coaches are entertaining and honest and provide great sound bites.  What is Rex Ryan doing these days?  He was great in a press conference.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Again...nameless "sources". A nameless source is useless because it could literally be anyone with anywhere from up close knowledge to bring a friend of a friend of a guy that Farwell coached with for a season 4 years ago that is speculating because of aomething he heard while in the bathroom stall being talked about by 2 guys that habe no idea the working of the Bills.

And the prevailing idea is that, no he was not fired. His contract was likely up and he was free to leave. 

If you felt this way about your boss would you put your name on it publically?

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

So the first part of this is saying he should do what he has done at many pressers for years.

The second part says it's disingenuous and fake. 

26 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So, some anonymous people at the combine are saying that there is a normal amount of friction between McDermott and staff.  If it is not unusual, why is it a story?  

Because it's March 4th.

13 minutes ago, beebe said:

Anyone subscribe to Dunne's full newsletter? Curious what else.

Nah, dude was good, but kinda fell off when he hitched his wagon to Whaley/Monos and tried to stir the pot last year.

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

If you felt this way about your boss would you put your name on it publically?

Well, without knowing who is saying it we don't even know if they are still employed in Buffalo. For all we know it's Rick Dennison stirring the pot at being fired 4 years ago. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.