Speculative article on friction between McDermott and Staff?

BillsMafi$

Hey a Boss has to be a boss sometimes & in todays very sensitive world in which we live does this really surprise any one that there is a few people that could be whining because they have their boss telling them to get off their a** & do their job or change how they are doing it to what he wants ?

I think not & i'd say given the way the team has been going keep up the good work McD & let the wimps fall to the way side & go work for someone else !

If you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

Hey a Boss has to be a boss sometimes & in todays very sensitive world in which we live does this really surprise any one that there is a few people that could be whining because they have their boss telling them to get off their a** & do their job or change how they are doing it to what he wants ?

I think not & i'd say given the way the team has been going keep up the good work McD & let the wimps fall to the way side & go work for someone else if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen !! 

Is that what McD is saying to his staff that led to this tweet?  got a link for that?

Maybe they just think he's a strategic disaster who is ready to hint it was someone else's fault at the first opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is that what McD is saying to his staff that led to this tweet?  got a link for that?

Maybe they just think he's a strategic disaster who is ready to hint it was someone else's fault at the first opportunity.

I don't know if that is what he said i was just speculating that because of the sensitive nature of people today that that could be what happened .

No i don't have a link & I'm not a tweeter sorry ...

Edited by T master

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, nice post...  Calling someone out for conjecture and then following with your own...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

McDermott is really stubborn about his ways, the players he wants etc. I could see people finding him a pain in the ass to work with. 

As long as they win a SB, who cares. 

If it starts driving players away that's an issue. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't know if that is what he said i was just speculating that because of the sensitive nature of people today that that could be what happened .

Yeah, NFL coaching staffs are famous for harboring wilting flowers and fragile snowflakes.

Anyway, you speculated wrong--see below:

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/it-was-a-bad-bad-situation?s=r

“You preach accountability,” one player said. “But you don’t practice it.”

• Dislike 1

It's an emotional game and a long and draining season. Couple that with high expectations and missed opportunities and it's not always going to be rosy in paradise. Some people handle this more gracefully than others. If there were "real" issues or ones that were setting us back, it wouldn't be afterthought or footnote tweet. It would be "THE" story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Does anyone else find stories that are completely based on anonymous quotes really annoying?  You can say anything that you want, and simply state that you have sources that didn't want to be named.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Today's very sensitive world? Well, when you have people in power who have been abusing it for countless decades that's not leadership. You using the words "very sensitive" and "whining" seems like someone who is triggered and in fact is just as very sensitive as these supposed people you refer to. You can't whine about "whiners" in a situation which you know none of the details and then expect anyone to take you seriously. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

lol, nice post...  Calling someone out for conjecture and then following with your own...

See above.  players will tell you it's not conjecture.  He clearly blamed their "execution" for the collapse.

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Does anyone else find stories that are completely based on anonymous quotes really annoying?  You can say anything that you want, and simply state that you have sources that didn't want to be named.  

Only if you are one of those people who believe that reporters simply make up quotes and stories such as these. 

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

So, because McD didn't come out and put everyone at fault on full blast in the media...more "nameless players" feel he's not practicing accountability? Of course had he done that the same "nameless player" might say he's throwing guys under the bus and airing dirty laundry.

BTW, as far as holding people accountable...where is the ST Coordinator now? Oh right...gone. Allowed to look for other opportunities. Or if the guys contract was up...he wasn't retained. Seems accountability may have happened.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, because McD didn't come out and put everyone at fault on full blast in the media...more "nameless players" feel he's not practicing accountability? Of course had he done that the same "nameless player" might say he's throwing guys under the bus and airing dirty laundry.

BTW, as far as holding people accountable...where is the ST Coordinator now? Oh right...gone. Allowed to look for other opportunities. Or if the guys contract was up...he wasn't retained. Seems accountability may have happened.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.