Mock Drafts

Milanos Milano

My newest mock with some trade backs. Decided to bolster the OL and DB position before anything. Also picked up Tremaines replacement. All of the WRs were late picks but they are all really fast and agile. Filling that slot role, and weapon to take it deep on any given play. 

30. Kenyon Green, OG Texas A&M

57. Kyler Gordon, CB Washington

89. Zion McCollum, CB Sam Houston State

90. Quay Walker, LB Georgia

102. James Cook, RB Georgia

121. Jelani Woods, TE Virginia

130. Kyle Philips, WR UCLA

185. Bo Melton, WR Rutgers

203. Velus Jones Jr., WR Tennessee

231. Matt Araiza, P San Diego State

• Like (+1) 3

I think its pretty safe we are drafting CB in the first 2 rounds and probably round 1 unless there just isnt a guy they covet there.  And its not out of the question we take 2 CB's in the first 4 rounds.  

Tre is unknown if he will be ready week 1 and we just have Dane now as another healthy CB.

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its pretty safe we are drafting CB in the first 2 rounds and probably round 1 unless there just isnt a guy they covet there.  And its not out of the question we take 2 CB's in the first 4 rounds.  

Tre is unknown if he will be ready week 1 and we just have Dane now as another healthy CB.

I seriously think its WR/CB Rounds 1 and 2

I just threw this together…no guarantee that any of these players will be available at our pick….hammer away… it’s all good

1st Breece Hall RB
2nd Kyler Gordon CB
3rd John Meetchie WR
4th Highest Rated OL  or possibly David Ojabu LB ( if he drops this far) 
5th Matt Araiza P 
6th CB, OL
6th Depth 
7th Depth

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I expect they’ll sign some veteran CB just prior to the draft to make it look like we aren’t taking CB early, but we will. 

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I seriously think its WR/CB Rounds 1 and 2

Agreed, i like the idea of going WR in round 1 and then CB round 2. I’m not a big fan of the WR that would be available at pick 58 and we could turn a second round CB into a very solid player. My dream is Treylon Burks and then Roger McCreary. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I just threw this together…no guarantee that any of these players will be available at our pick….hammer away… it’s all good

1st Breece Hall RB
2nd Kyler Gordon CB
3rd John Meetchie WR
4th Highest Rated OL  or possibly David Ojabu LB ( if he drops this far) 
5th Matt Araiza P 
6th CB, OL
6th Depth 
7th Depth

Like except 25 is too early for Breece.  He seems to go in the mid 2nd in most drafts.  If you really want him, trade #2 and #3 to move up in the 2nd

11 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I expect they’ll sign some veteran CB just prior to the draft to make it look like we aren’t taking CB early, but we will. 

Agreed, i like the idea of going WR in round 1 and then CB round 2. I’m not a big fan of the WR that would be available at pick 58 and we could turn a second round CB into a very solid player. My dream is Treylon Burks and then Roger McCreary. 

Diggs was a 5th, Davis a 4th.  DK Metcalf was a 2nd, so was Cooper Kupp and Davante Adams.  The list continues...AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel. Terry McLaurin, Tyler Locket, etc just to name some more that were all taken after round 1.  In fact there are more guys in the top 10 and even top 20 WR's list in the NFL list that were taken after round 1 than guys taken in round 1.  

So I just dont understand this big want so many have of going WR in round 1.  We also have an elite top 5 WR on the roster, and a good core behind him.  At CB, we only have Dane right now.  Tre is a question mark if he will be ready week 1 or not, and even once he is ready, there is no telling how long it takes him to get his form back, it can sometimes take a whole season of playing.  So we are currently down both starters last year, with no one to help man the void.  Dane gets promoted by default.  

We are facing a gauntlet of lethal offenses in the AFC now, we need to shore up our CB position in the worst way.  Its so bad you can defend reaching for a guy in the first if you had to.  We may bring someone in, but there really isn't anyone out there that is a lock to come in and play at even Levi's level last year.  

What we know is that Beane likes to stay true to his board and go BPA according to his board, which the very ranking has need built into it.  He has also said that if there are 2 guys at 2 different positions they have similar grades on, they will factor in depth of each position in the draft on who they draft.  

Given this is a WR rich draft, I think its highly more probable we are going to take a CB in the first over all other positions,  However, that is also dependent one being on the board graded high enough to select.  I am confident Beane won't over reach either just for the sake of reaching.  But there are a couple guys projected to be there that I am pretty confident Beane would have a high enough grade on to take.  

So I would prepare yourselves (those you want WR round 1) that its far more likely its going to be CB, and it almost certainly should be.  Dont get me wrong, I would love Jameson if he is there at 25, but right now, CB is a massive hole on our team unless they find a way to address it before the draft.  

I'll give this one a shot.

I've been too busy (for some years now) to go past the first two rounds, but I've got a few picks correct over the last few years.

Allen

Oliver

Basham

This year, I'm going with:

Round 1 - G, Kenyon Green - A&M

Round 2 - CB, Martin Emerson - Mississippi State

And I'll stretch and say we draft up and also grab my guy TE, Jalen Wydermyer - A&M.

8 hours ago, mrags said:

My newest mock with some trade backs. Decided to bolster the OL and DB position before anything. Also picked up Tremaines replacement. All of the WRs were late picks but they are all really fast and agile. Filling that slot role, and weapon to take it deep on any given play. 

30. Kenyon Green, OG Texas A&M

57. Kyler Gordon, CB Washington

89. Zion McCollum, CB Sam Houston State

90. Quay Walker, LB Georgia

102. James Cook, RB Georgia

121. Jelani Woods, TE Virginia

130. Kyle Philips, WR UCLA

185. Bo Melton, WR Rutgers

203. Velus Jones Jr., WR Tennessee

231. Matt Araiza, P San Diego State

Great draft

On 3/7/2022 at 1:45 PM, ScorpionZero said:

Kenyon Green

IOL,

John Metchie III

WR,

Jalen Wydermyer

TE,

Hassan Haskins

RB,

Josh Thompson

CB,

Haskell Garrett

IDL,

Cade Mays

IOL,

MarQuan McCall

IDL,

Zander Horvath

RB,

This guy knows what's up

25: R1 P25 CB Kyler Gordon - Washington

57: R2 P25 CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

89: R3 P25 WR Wan’Dale Robinson - Kentucky

130: R4 P25 RB Hassan Haskins - Michigan

168: R5 P25 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

185: R6 P6 WR Kyle Philips - UCLA

203: R6 P24 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

231: R7 P10 EDGE Zach Van Valkenburg - Iowa

• Like (+1) 1

Trent McDuffie

CB Washington

Christian Watson

WR North Dakota State

Cam Taylor-Britt

CB Nebraska

Troy Andersen

LB Montana State

Kyle Philips

WR UCLA

Jamaree Salyer

OG Georgia

Bubba Bolden

S Miami-Fl

Zander Horvath

RB Purdue

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.