Mock Drafts

Milanos Milano

21 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm sorry...what? 

Poyer is not participating in voluntary workouts, has changed agents, and wants a new contract.  Beane stated he's focused on the draft and quote "can't pay everyone".

There are some indications that this issue could persist until the start of the season, but of course, everyone's hoping it works out well for the team and for Poyer.

I consider that a "holdout", but let's not split hairs on descriptions about what's going on here.  mmkay? 

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Poyer is not participating in voluntary workouts, has changed agents, and wants a new contract.  Beane stated he's focused on the draft and quote "can't pay everyone".

There are some indications that this issue could persist until the start of the season, but of course, everyone's hoping it works out well for the team and for Poyer.

I consider that a "holdout", but let's not split hairs on descriptions about what's going on here.  mmkay? 

You do know what “voluntary,” means, right?

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

You do know what “voluntary,” means, right?

There are other issues here.  C'mon let's not be naive to the situation.

And I'm not starting another back and forth with trolls.  

Have a nice evening.

21 minutes ago, Yantha said:

17 minutes ago, Yantha said:

There are other issues here.  C'mon let's not be naive to the situation.

And I'm not starting another back and forth with trolls.  

Have a nice evening.

I'm definitely no troll (and yes I can see that label was unleashed while quoting someone else, but you did pluralize it). I AM someone who tries to question hyperbole and fallacy. Jordan Poyer is NOT currently holding out. And while it's not unreasonable to argue that a holdout could be on the horizon, that isn't what you did in your post that kicked off this particular sidebar.

You are allowed to make fallacious arguments, and I am allowed to call them out. Don't get defensive. I've probably/definitely put forth some poorly supported claims myself. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm definitely no troll (and yes I can see that label was unleashed while quoting someone else, but you did pluralize it). I AM someone who tries to question hyperbole and fallacy. Jordan Poyer is NOT currently holding out. And while it's not unreasonable to argue that a holdout could be on the horizon, that isn't what you did in your post that kicked off this particular sidebar.

You are allowed to make fallacious arguments, and I am allowed to call them out. Don't get defensive. I've probably/definitely put forth some poorly supported claims myself. 

See that response I can respect and get behind more than the "i'm sorry what?" which was rather sarcastic.

It's been a long long day...   The troll comment was more meant for the "you DO know what voluntary means".

Apologies.

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 2

Things are gonna get real tricky for Beane, of course you want Poyer in that secondary but at what cost at his age. A raise on a three year contract with the third being an opt out should get it done. You also have to think next year who do you pay, Edmonds is gonna command a huge contact and what about Oliver do they pick up the fifth year option or give him a new contract. Probably cheaper to give him a new contract, that is of course you decide to keep him. And then there's Knox, wow, I don't envy Beanes job between know and then. He's gonna earn his paycheck.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Things are gonna get real tricky for Beane, of course you want Poyer in that secondary but at what cost at his age. A raise on a three year contract with the third being an opt out should get it done. You also have to think next year who do you pay, Edmonds is gonna command a huge contact and what about Oliver do they pick up the fifth year option or give him a new contract. Probably cheaper to give him a new contract, that is of course you decide to keep him. And then there's Knox, wow, I don't envy Beanes job between know and then. He's gonna earn his paycheck.

And then there's also Gabriel Davis, and Micah Hyde isn't getting any younger, and RB and CB and OG...it never ends. Hitting on a QB is SO essential, but then that just sets in motion a perpetual wheel of good problems to have. 

My whole problem with this positional value and seting the market. I get that as a player you wanna get paid but when is it enough, after your contact ducks your team. Is that right, when a good teammate is shown the door because your contact pays so much the team had to let them go. It's just selfish if you ask me.

Ask how an employee at say the electric company gets laid off or let go along with 49 others, but the VP there gets his 12 million dollars because it's in his contact and the electric company doesn't want to get sued. Without the VP, those people keep there jobs.

Think about ING that had to get bailed out by the government because all those bankers had contracts paying them millions and all the regular workers just got screwed. We live in a screwed up world on how we value things, I just wish a high profile player would have the balls to say a certain amount is enough, let's keep the team together. There's a ton more to say on the subject but that's it for me. The NFL is greedy and made the players greedy to. If I hear one more person say " I gotta get mine " I'm gonna blow there ________brains out. 

Money doesn't make the world go round, greed and power does.

Rant, rant, rant.

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trade: 

2023 1st

2022 4th

Edmunds, Epenesa, Hodgins, Moss

To NYG For 7th overall

Trade:

25th, 2023 4th, 2022 6th

To SEA for 40th, 41st

7. WR Jameson Williams🐘

40. RB Breece Hall🌪️

41. CB Andrew Booth🐅

57. LB Troy Andersen🐆

89. TE Jelani Woods⚔️

I don't have a problem with it, one less contact to worry about. Maybe 2 if you let Knox walk next year 

Edited by ScorpionZero

4 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

My whole problem with this positional value and seting the market. I get that as a player you wanna get paid but when is it enough, after your contact ducks your team. Is that right, when a good teammate is shown the door because your contact pays so much the team had to let them go. It's just selfish if you ask me.

Ask how an employee at say the electric company gets laid off or let go along with 49 others, but the VP there gets his 12 million dollars because it's in his contact and the electric company doesn't want to get sued. Without the VP, those people keep there jobs.

Think about ING that had to get bailed out by the government because all those bankers had contracts paying them millions and all the regular workers just got screwed. We live in a screwed up world on how we value things, I just wish a high profile player would have the balls to say a certain amount is enough, let's keep the team together. There's a ton more to say on the subject but that's it for me. The NFL is greedy and made the players greedy to. If I hear one more person say " I gotta get mine " I'm gonna blow there ________brains out. 

Money doesn't make the world go round, greed and power does.

Rant, rant, rant.

I don't have a problem with it, one less contact to worry about. Maybe 2 if you let Knox walk next year 

I imagine Josh Allen will restructure his deal if needed to keep Knox. They are very close

• Like (+1) 1

This couldn’t possibly happen, could it??  I hope so!

25. Devin Lloyd LB Utah

57. Breece Hall RB Iowa St

89. Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston

130. Damarri Mathis CB Pitt

168. Cole Turner TE Nevada

That draft with no trades would be 🔥🔥🔥

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Trade: 

2023 1st

2022 4th

Edmunds, Epenesa, Hodgins, Moss

To NYG For 7th overall

Trade:

25th, 2023 4th, 2022 6th

To SEA for 40th, 41st

7. WR Jameson Williams🐘

40. RB Breece Hall🌪️

41. CB Andrew Booth🐅

57. LB Troy Andersen🐆

89. TE Jelani Woods⚔️

In what fantasy land does anyone want Epenesa Hodgins and Moss even if they were FA, let alone giving up major assets for lol them giving us an interest free 1st rd loan... one that started as a 7th and turned into pick 32 lol this is sooooo bad

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

In what fantasy land does anyone want Epenesa Hodgins and Moss even if they were FA, let alone giving up major assets for lol them giving us an interest free 1st rd loan... one that started as a 7th and turned into pick 32 lol this is sooooo bad

Hodgins is worth nothing. He was a 6th round pick two years ago and has played in 1 game in the NFL only on special teams. Epenesa you might get a day 3 pick thrown back you way for by a team that is going to fatten him up and let him get back to being the guy he was in college rather than trying to turn him into something else. Zack Moss the best you are getting is like a conditional 7th. He is also basically valueless. 

• Like (+1) 1

Breece Hall

RB Iowa State

Alontae Taylor

CB Tennessee

Zach Tom

OT Wake Forest

Damarri Mathis

CB Pittsburgh

Velus Jones Jr.

WR Tennessee

Tanner Conner

WR Idaho State

Austin Allen

TE Nebraska

Cole Kelley

QB SE Louisiana

2023 CAR 1st

2023 CAR 2nd

2023 CAR 3rd

So I went in another direction…all the CBs and WRs I wanted were not there.  Carolina came calling.  They offered 1, 2 and 3 next year…healthy chance it’s going to be a top 15 pick…but also a 2nd and a 3rd.

so I had to take it. 

Hall was there at 57, it was between him and CTB…I went RB

pick 89 I went CB, Taylor is an exceptional athlete and has the ability to play man or zone.  He could start as a rookie.

137- went with the athletic Tom, he would be a good future starter in this wide zone offense.

168- got the Pitt secondary player our draft requires and pushes to be CB 5 or 6.

185-our KR, speed and physical, gets good YAC, older prospect…but could be WR 5.

203-hey look at 6’3 230 pound WR has a 40 inch vert and ran a 4.37…I wish I had a 3 cone on him.  Could be used as a Deebo type 

253- project QB, not needed…6’7” 250…would make Josh look small

TE and LB are still needs…wish I could’ve found the right ones

From PFF, trading down again as their big board allowed me to still get players I wanted and adding mid round picks.

Dart board philosophy, cause I probably suck at drafting.

Traded 25,185 for lions 32,66

Then 32,203 for lions 34,97 they wanted to trade.

Then 34, 97 for Chi 39,71

Then 39,231 for KC 50,94,121.

Screenshot_20220426-083828.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

NFL mock draft database, dartboard draft.

Buffalo Receives:

2022: Round 2, Pick 40

2022: Round 2, Pick 41

Seattle Receives:

2022: Round 1, Pick 25

2023: Round 2

Buffalo Receives:

2022: Round 3, Pick 101

2022: Round 4, Pick 124

2022: Round 5, Pick 154

Philadelphia Receives:

2022: Round 3, Pick 89

2022: Round 7, Pick 231

2022: Round 6, Pick 203

My Selections

Round: 2

David Ojabo

EDGE | Michigan

TRADE

Christian Watson

WR | North Dakota State

TRADE

Tariq Woolen

CB | UTSA

Round: 3

Jelani Woods

TE | Virginia

TRADE

Round: 4

Jerome Ford

RB | Cincinnati

TRADE

Round: 4

Kyle Philips

WR | UCLA

Round: 5

Kalon Barnes

CB | Baylor

TRADE

Round: 5

Cade Mays

IOL | Tennessee

Round: 6

Jaylen Watson

CB | Washington Sta

• Like (+1) 1

Fanspeak, latest Jake Rigdon big board.

It's amazing how much it's changed over several days as you'll see with the picks.

25: R1 P25 WR Christian Watson - North Dakota State

57: R2 P25 EDGE David Ojabo - Michigan

89: R3 P25 CB Josh Jobe - Alabama

130: R4 P25 CB Kalon Barnes - Baylor

168: R5 P25 LB Damone Clark - LSU

185: R6 P6 RB Jerome Ford - Cincinnati

203: R6 P24 WR Kyle Phillips - UCLA

231: R7 P10 FB Zander Horvath - Purdue

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.