89. R. White RB Arizona State 

130. A. Barno Edge V-Tech 

168. D. Bellinger TE SD State 

185. C. Mays IOL Tennessee 

203. I. Weston WR Northern Iowa 

226. J. Camarda P Georgia 

231. J. Thompson CB Texas 

• Like (+1) 1

This is the " I reached draft " using picks to add players who i think can make us better this year and beyond.

25. Christian Watson WR,

we just don't have anyone on the roster with his length and speed. He adds another dimension to the O. Beane want to add speed and he has it.

57. Coby Bryant CB, he's got the athletic abilities to do really well on our D. We just need one of those basketball hoops for the sidelines.

89. Kyle Philips WR, great routes, quick more than fast with a little more size than or last slot.

130. Jerome Ford RB, 4.46 speed with size.

168. Zyon McCollum CB, he's got what you want, needs coaching and playing time.

185. Cade Mays IOL, backup for both guards and RT. LT in a pinch.

203. Alec Lindstrom IOL, developmental C.

231. Zander Horvath RB, he can be used all over the place. Plus I just think he's a badass.

• Like (+1) 1

Adding my weekly mock:

With Poyer continuing to hold out, I went heavy on secondary in the first three rounds.

Added a linebacker, Interior OL, a short yardage/goal line back, a DL sleeper pick (check this dude out!), as well as the "do everything" FB/TE/KR that I'm hoping for in Heyward.

164875112_ScreenShot2022-04-25at12_19_59PM.thumb.png.55358bd8123512acb1fd3434ebdac601.png

24 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

This is the " I reached draft " using picks to add players who i think can make us better this year and beyond.

25. Christian Watson WR,

we just don't have anyone on the roster with his length and speed. He adds another dimension to the O. Beane want to add speed and he has it.

57. Coby Bryant CB, he's got the athletic abilities to do really well on our D. We just need one of those basketball hoops for the sidelines.

89. Kyle Philips WR, great routes, quick more than fast with a little more size than or last slot.

130. Jerome Ford RB, 4.46 speed with size.

168. Zyon McCollum CB, he's got what you want, needs coaching and playing time.

185. Cade Mays IOL, backup for both guards and RT. LT in a pinch.

203. Alec Lindstrom IOL, developmental C.

231. Zander Horvath RB, he can be used all over the place. Plus I just think he's a badass.

Love Kyle Phillips, arguably one of the best route runners and slot SR in this draft.  Would love Ford in the 4th!

• Like (+1) 2

25: R1 P25 WR Christian Watson - North Dakota State

57: R2 P25 CB Coby Bryant - Cincinnati

89: R3 P25 LB Troy Andersen - Montana State

130: R4 P25 RB James Cook - Georgia

168: R5 P25 WR Kyle Philips - UCLA

185: R6 P6 CB Jaylen Watson - Washington State

203: R6 P24 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

231: R7 P10 FB Zander Horvath - Purdue

Needs as I see them - DB (both S and CB)/ OL/ WR/ LB/ RB

25 - S - Daxton Hill (Michigan 6-0", 191, RAS 9.05) 4.3 40, 43.6 vert, 4.13 shuttle

57 - RB - Ken Walker III (Michigan St, 5;9", 211, RAS 9.25)

89 - CB - Coby Bryant (Cincinnati, 6-1", 193, RAS 5.56)

131 - OG - Cade Mays (Tenn, 6-4", 311, RAS 7.53)

168 - WR - Tyquan Thornton (Baylor, 6-2", 181, RS 8.54) 4.28 40, 33" arms

169 - CB - Akayleb Evans (Missouri, 6-2", 197, RAS 9.55) 32.5" arms

185 - OT - Kellen Diesch (AZ State, 6-7", 301, RAS 9.75) - started at LT for AZ State

231 - OC - Dawson Deaton (Texas Tech, 6-5", 306, RAS 9.7) - Practice squad C

Made one trade to move back one pick and flip 203 for 169

I was ok with getting Kolar or Mays and figured 169 has a better chance of making the team than 203.

TN gets Pick 130 (Charlie Kolar TE), 203 (Vincent Gray CB)

BUF gets Pick 131 (Mays G), 169 (Akayleb Evans CB)

The draft fell really well for the most part.

Hill fell (was a run on WR and CB) will be a starter by 2023. (passed on CB McCreary)

Walker III was there and was a no brainer should become RB #1

Two probable starters with first 2 picks.

Needed a CB given White's timetable and I'm not sold on any CB on the roster other than White and T Johnson

Bryant was a good 3rd round value and was one of the 5 BPA according to the sim I was using

I wanted to refocus on offense (OL and WR).

Mays was the best OL at that moment, may regret passing on Kolar, I like both for this point in the draft.

Thornton is 6'2" with sub 4.3 speed, a type the Bills WR room doesn't have.

Evans fell and I took him based on his size and athleticism. (Figured between Bryant and Evans we should find one CB starter)

Last two picks were brought in for competition and development on OL. Good sized guys with high RAS scores from good programs.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

25 - S - Daxton Hill (Michigan 6-0", 191, RAS 9.05) 4.3 40, 43.6 vert, 4.13 shuttle

185 - OT - Kellen Diesch (AZ State, 6-7", 301, RAS 9.75) - started at LT for AZ State

I was ok with getting Kolar or Mays and figured 169 has a better chance of making the team than 203.

Hill fell (was a run on WR and CB) will be a starter by 2023. (passed on CB McCreary)

Needed a CB given White's timetable and I'm not sold on any CB on the roster other than White and T Johnson

Bryant was a good 3rd round value and was one of the 5 BPA according to the sim I was using

Mays was the best OL at that moment, may regret passing on Kolar, I like both for this point in the draft.

Evans fell and I took him based on his size and athleticism. (Figured between Bryant and Evans we should find one CB starter)

Last two picks were brought in for competition and development on OL. Good sized guys with high RAS scores from good programs.

Well thought out and written, thx for taking the time.

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I can definitely get on board with this

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

Trent McDuffie

CB Washington

Jahan Dotson

WR Penn State

Jerome Ford

RB Cincinnati

Jelani Woods

TE Virginia

Kyle Philips

WR UCLA

Akayleb Evans

CB Missouri

Jack Coan

QB Notre Dame

Zander Horvath

RB Purdue

Akayleb Evans is an interesting mid round CB to keep an eye one.

I need to look at Zander Horvarth, great name and you seem to like him

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Akayleb Evans is an interesting mid round CB to keep an eye one.

I need to look at Zander Horvarth, great name and you seem to like him

When you watch Zander's film he looks like a man beating up on boys. He could've probably played in any era of football. He may have not tested well or all that other bull####, he can just play football he has this will to him 

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

When you watch Zander's film he looks like a man beating up on boys. He could've probably played in any era of football. He may have not tested well or all that other bull####, he can just play football he has this will to him 

This was a fun highlight reel to watch. He has nice hands and some speed too. Didn't realize he is a FB. Not sure what role he would have here, but that was a lot of fun to watch. He will get drafted or be a priority UDFA. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

This was a fun highlight reel to watch. He has nice hands and some speed too. Didn't realize he is a FB. Not sure what role he would have here, but that was a lot of fun to watch. He will get drafted or be a priority UDFA. Thanks for the recommendation!

I love the Allen-esque hurdles at the 3:20 and about the 5:08 mark. Solid dump off receiver out of the backfield. Got some initial make the guy miss moves, and can drag a pile.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I see him as change the look of the offense kind of guy, H-back, FB, TE, big slot, and of course some HB, short yardage, goal line. I just wish we could see how he was as blocker. Goal line play where your in a heavy set and he's in one end of the line and leaks out to the end zone. You can get inventive with him.

Troy Anderson has the same kinda qualities and he can play linebacker and some gadget QB plays. Watch his film and you'll see what I mean. Just something to think about.

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I see him as change the look of the offense kind of guy, H-back, FB, TE, big slot, and of course some HB, short yardage, goal line. I just wish we could see how he was as blocker. Goal line play where your in a heavy set and he's in one end of the line and leaks out to the end zone. You can get inventive with him.

Troy Anderson has the same kinda qualities and he can play linebacker and some gadget QB plays. Watch his film and you'll see what I mean. Just something to think about.

Gilliam had some important plays last year. Could see Horvath fill the role/s Gilliam and Moss are supposed to have. Short yardage guy, physical line ups, goal line guy.

He is intriguing for the 6th/7th/UDFA. I was surprised at his game speed. The leaps were much fun, and his hands were pretty nice too. Happy you brought him to my attention.

Running back Zander Horvath, and NFL Draft hopeful, displayed his athleticism and versatility during an impressive performance at Purdue's Pro Day.

And he didn't disappoint in front of the eyes of scouts representing 30 NFL Teams during the team's Pro Day on Tuesday. 

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound running back looked to showcase his versatility and athleticism, attributes he possesses in spades. Horvath, who is not projected as a high draft pick, will play any position to make an NFL roster when the time comes. 

"I'm completely open to everything," Horvath said. "I mean, even coming in here, I came in as a walk-on and had play special teams, fullback and running back. So I'm used to being all over, but it really depends on the team. 

think it might be a little bit of fullback, a little bit of running back. I think for me, because I'm not a top pick, special teams is going to be crucial."

With the Boilermakers, Horvath ran the football, protected the quarterback in a spread offense and proved to be a reliable security blanket by showing great hands out of the backfield. 

35.5 vertical.

10.8 broad jump.

31 reps of 225. Talk about a beast

4.57 40 in sub freezing temps.

He's been compared to Mike Alstott, but I don't think I'd take it that far.

Edited by ScorpionZero

Mad trading as guys I wanted were falling I just kept trading back.

Got allot of talent. This one is from NFL'S Mock Draft Database. And it is completely unrealistic, but fun. They may have to expand the roster after this.

Buffalo Receives:

2022: Round 1, Pick 28

2022: Round 2, Pick 59

2022: Round 5, Pick 171

Green Bay Receives:

2022: Round 1, Pick 25

2022: Round 3, Pick 89

2023: Round 3

Buffalo Receives:

2022: Round 2, Pick 35

2022: Round 4, Pick 111

2022: Round 4, Pick 117

New York Receives:

2022: Round 1, Pick 28

2022: Round 5, Pick 168

Buffalo Receives:

2022: Round 2, Pick 41

2022: Round 4, Pick 109

Seattle Receives:

2022: Round 2, Pick 35

Buffalo Receives:

2022: Round 3, Pick 70

2022: Round 4, Pick 106

Jacksonville Receives:

2022: Round 2, Pick 59

My Selections

Round: 2

Christian Watson

WR | North Dakota State

TRADE

Round: 2

Troy Andersen

LB | Montana State

Round: 3

Cam Taylor-Britt

CB | Nebraska

TRADE

Round: 4

Jeremy Ruckert

TE | Ohio State

TRADE

JoJo Domann

LB | Nebraska

TRADE

Jerome Ford

RB | Cincinnati

TRADE

Kyle Philips

WR | UCLA

TRADE

Kalon Barnes

CB | Baylor

Round: 5

Cade Mays

IOL | Tennessee

TRADE

Round: 6

Matt Araiza

P | San Diego State

Round: 6

Jack Coan

QB | Notre Dame

Round: 7

Zander Horvath

RB | Purdue

Good article on Draft trade charts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/the-chart-that-guides-nfl-draft-trades-has-a-glaring-flaw-it-isnt-very-good-134240503.html

I especially like the comment about throwing darts (picks), if you have 12 darts and suck at drafting your still likely to hit on 5 or 6. Beane contributed to the article.

Edited by ScorpionZero

No trades on the draft network, not paying for it. Yes I drafted 2 RB's but I just couldn't pass him up in the 6th. So we got a new backfield 1a and 1b. You know what would really screw up the defense is if they both wore the same number.

Screenshot_20220425-203358.jpg

Edited by ScorpionZero

25: R1 P25 WR Christian Watson - North Dakota St

57: R2 P25 CB Coby Bryant - Cincinnati

89: R3 P25 RB Jerome Ford - Cincinnati

130: R4 P25 WR Skyy Moore - Western Michigan

168: R5 P25 CB Mario Goodrich - Clemson

185: R6 P6 G Chris Paul - Tulsa

203: R6 P24 LB Jeremiah Moon - Florida

231: R7 P10 RB Zander Horvath - Purdue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.