Mock Drafts

Milanos Milano

15 hours ago, SportsCoach said:

We are at pick 59... The top WRs went way earlier than projected, but Moore is likely the top available, Pierce is off, but Austin is still available. The board went heavy WR (influenced by the fact most of the season the Browns need for WRs)

With 69 and 89 I am gonna lean more towards BPA, but since someone who is a Bills fan would know a whole lot better than me which direction of position I should lean towards. I am going by the roster between ourlads, madden ratings etc and following Allen in college and the pros somewhat. 

I got Gordon and Hall plus got more draft picks in my mock! I am guessing Troy Anderson is the LB you want in the draft? 

He's raw, super athletic and we let Edmunds play out his 5th yr before offering him an extension so he may walk at the end of the season. Would be smart to get a big LB with movement skills and let him develop for a year.

• Agree 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:30 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Size isn't important. They're looking for an added element of speed and separation to our core for the replacement for the roster spot vacated by Emmanuel Sanders (Beasley already having been replaced by Jamison Crowder).

Calvin Austin III is faster than Skyy Moore (4.32 v. 4.41), but Moore is considered the higher valued prospect. Moore should already be off the board by 69. If he isn't, Beane would probably be sprinting to the podium. It's also a very fair spot to take Austin (and many assume him to be gone as well).

If neither are still there (and assuming Christian Watson, Alec Pierce, and Khalil Shakir are also gone) - then I'd look at who's on the board at the Offensive Line and try to secure a Velus Jones, Bo Melton, Tyquan Thornton, or Danny Gray in the coming rounds. I'd probably double up as well if Thornton or Gray is available later.

Well since I had pick 69 and 89... I decided to go with OT Faalele of Minnesota. I went with the pure upside of a behemoth of a man... I still have 89 and 130, so I'll go likely WR and I am thinking TE with 130...  What do you think of him at 69? 

So far it's been RB Hall, CB Gordon, OT Faale and I got Shenault in another deal... with two more picks to go at 89 and 130. 

Latest one. Post Diggs resigning, I’m assuming they will pick up a vet corner somewhere but even if they don’t I’ve got answers for that here. Because I had no belief that we would even be in the game for someone like Hamilton, I never really looked into him. But now that Diggs is signed to a crap ton of moolah, and Poyer is on his final year of his contract. I think we may be looking to trade up for some elite talent. Maybe it’s not Poyers replacement, but maybe it is. Maybe they just think they can go with a 3S type of defense. Hamilton is a specimen and can play multiple roles because of his size, speed, length, etc. so maybe we see a real change in defensive schemes in the coming year(s) because of big physical TEs, and fast WRs. Just a thought. I love this draft. Had to give up 25, and next years 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to move up to 9. But I don’t regret it at all. 

9. Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame

57. Christian Watson, WR North Dakota State

89. James Cook, RB Georgia

138. Cameron Jurgens, OC Nebraska

168. Marcus Jones, CB Houston

185. Kyle Philips, WR UCLA

203. Justin Shaffer, OG Georgia

208. Josh Jobe, CB Alabama

225. Jordan Stout, P Penn State

• Like (+1) 1

5 CBs were gone by pick 25 so I went BPA

25. Chris Olave WR, Ohio State

57. Breece Hall RB, Iowa State

89. Cam Taylor-Britt CB, Nebraska

130. Zyon McCollum CB, Sam Houston State

168. Thayer Munford IOL, Ohio State

185. Matt Araiza P, San Diego State

203. Verone McKinley III S, Oregon

231. Buffalo Bills Jack Snyder IOL, San Jose State

• Like (+1) 1

Top CBs and WRs were gone so I traded out of 25 for the 30th and 3rd next year.

Then I traded the 30th and 94th for the 32nd and 66th with the Lions.

Once again not real happy with who was there and happy with the Jets offer of the 35th and a 2nd next year for the 32nd and 89th.

My draft ended up

35th Breece Hall RB Iowa State

57th Tariq Woolen CB UTSA

66th Christian Watson WR North Dakota State

130th Troy Anderson LB Montana State

168th Otito Ogbonnia DT UCLA

185th Max Mitchell OT Louisiana

203 Jalen Wydermyer TE Texas A&M

231 Derion Kendrick CB Georgia

Side note - if not for off the field issues and a slow 40 time IMO Kendrick would be considered a top 5 CB in this draft.

Peter Schrager mocked Quay Walker to the Bills at #25 and said that his mock is based on what he is hearing from teams around the league, not who he thinks teams should take.  That is the first I heard of us taking LB in the first round.  I believe the only way we do this is if we have a trade partner for Edmunds.  He also make the statement that he "guarantees" that Jameson Williams does not go any later than pick #15. He said many teams are very high on him.

I assume most would be ok with Walker if we are able to trade Edmunds?

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He said that his mock is based on what he is hearing from teams around the league, not who he thinks there team should take.  That is the first I heard of us taking LB in the first round.  I believe the only way we do this is if we have a trade partner for Edmunds.  He also make the statement that he "guarantees" that Jameson Williams does not go any later than pick #15. He said many teams are very high on him.

Not trading edmunds as I believe he accounts for a $14mil dead cap.... Im all for a LB round 1 and let Edmunds walk at the end of the year

I think a lot of Bills fans will be surprised by who the team selects with premium picks this year.

While fans tend to only think of this season, GMs often draft with the future in mind. With Josh's cap hit ballooning to $39M next year and key players like Knox and Oliver needing new deals soon, something's gotta give.

That said, we all know that there's a chance Edmunds and/or Poyer may not be back in 2023. It's entirely within the realm of possibility that the team spends 1st and/or 2nd round picks on a linebacker and/or safety.

This is ESPECIALLY true if they sign a viable starting level corner before the draft, which seems likely.

Don't be shocked if night two comes and goes and two of the Bills' three draft picks look more likely to start in 2023 than 2022.

As for Quay Walker...he seems like a perfect Edmunds replacement.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He said that his mock is based on what he is hearing from teams around the league, not who he thinks there team should take.  That is the first I heard of us taking LB in the first round.  I believe the only way we do this is if we have a trade partner for Edmunds.  He also make the statement that he "guarantees" that Jameson Williams does not go any later than pick #15. He said many teams are very high on him.

On three different draft profile sites he is listed as a 3rd round prospect and is projected to be a WILL LB which is where Milano plays now.

This would make little to no sense for the Bills at pick 25, a team that is trying to win now.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is probably my least favorite mock draft yet. Quay Walker is not a 1st round talent and linebacker is only a dire need if we trade Edmunds. Trading a guy for a 3rd round pick to replace him with a 1st round pick makes little sense considering we have other holes to fill.

We can't enter training camp with Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis as our starting cb's. Tre could be ready for the start of the season, but we can't afford to be thin at the most important position on defense.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

This is probably my least favorite mock draft yet. Quay Walker is not a 1st round talent and linebacker is only a dire need if we trade Edmunds. Trading a guy for a 3rd round pick to replace him with a 1st round pick makes little sense considering we have other holes to fill.

We can't enter training camp with Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis as our starting cb's. Tre could be ready for the start of the season, but we can't afford to be thin at the most important position on defense.

Even if Tre is ready he might not be 100 off the bat and may try to do too much and cause a setback.  Rather be able to let him work his way back fully at a steady pace peaking in the SB would be quite excellent timing wise.

One trade back in the second to pick up an extra third. 

Fanspeak using the NBS Central Draft Board

All 3 DB's run 4.44 or better.  We have a need for speed with Waddle and Hill on the same team in the division.

25: R1 P25 CB Andrew Boothe - Clemson

64: R2 P32 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

75: R3 P11 LB Quay Walker - Georgia

89: R3 P25 WR Khalil Shakir - Boise State

130: R4 P25 P Matt Araiza - SDSU

168: R5 P25 OT Thayer Munford - Ohio State

185: R6 P6 CB Jayln Armour-Davis - Alabama

203: R6 P24 S J.T. Woods - Baylor

231: R7 P10 WR Danny Gray - SMU

Edited by JoeF

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

On three different draft profile sites he is listed as a 3rd round prospect and is projected to be a WILL LB which is where Milano plays now.

This would make little to no sense for the Bills at pick 25, a team that is trying to win now.

Personally, I think this is an instance where the amateur mock draft public is out of step with NFL scouts on a prospect, which happens a lot.

I have read in a few places that some NFL teams view Walker as a better NFL prospect than his teammate Nakobe Dean, who is a near-consensus 1st rounder. This makes sense to me because Walker is bigger, quicker, and more athletic than Dean. He profiles as a better fit in the 2022 NFL than the more old school Dean, who looks like he would have been a star in the 2001 NFL.

Dane Brugler's "The Beast" draft guide came out today. I respect his work every year, and I respect his rankings. He has Quay Walker listed as a late 1st/early 2nd round prospect, which is right where the Bills are drafting.

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think a lot of Bills fans will be surprised by who the team selects with premium picks this year.

While fans tend to only think of this season, GMs often draft with the future in mind. With Josh's cap hit ballooning to $39M next year and key players like Knox and Oliver needing new deals soon, something's gotta give.

That said, we all know that there's a chance Edmunds and/or Poyer may not be back in 2023. It's entirely within the realm of possibility that the team spends 1st and/or 2nd round picks on a linebacker and/or safety.

This is ESPECIALLY true if they sign a viable starting level corner before the draft, which seems likely.

Don't be shocked if night two comes and goes and two of the Bills' three draft picks look more likely to start in 2023 than 2022.

As for Quay Walker...he seems like a perfect Edmunds replacement.

I don't think they will use their first round pick on a player to specifically replace any of their pending UFA's or cuts in 2023.

That's not how they have operated.

That is how the 90's Bills would have done it though..........it was literally how they did it..........and what happened was they eventually went broke making those small profits.    

A lot of defensive backs....in an era when they weren't as impactful........and high floor/low ceiling/easy evaluations that didn't have the potential to possibly replace any of the Bills aging stars.

Now in the second round.........anything goes with Beane.........I am FULLY expecting him to go LB to replace Edmunds in 2023 there..........probably Troy Anderson if he is still on the board.  

Beane has had 4 years of his own second round picks and the results have not been pretty........a lousy guard and 2 DE's that have averaged just a sack every 10 regular season Bills games(5 in 49 opportunities).   They could have scarcely gotten less production to this point.    

The most productive use of his own second rounder by Beane was the one he traded to move up to get Allen.

My confidence in him in round 2 is low.........I think he fixates and celebrates in round 1 and then loses sight of the BPA objective in round 2 and swings at needs.    This is a common problem in business in bid scenarios........the euphoria of getting what you were most focused on then followed by a series of less than ideal decisions.   It takes a good deal of discipline and cool to keep your head.  Whaley had the same issue.......as have a number of Bills GM's.......it's why the second round has been quicksand for the Bills in their history.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.