57: R2 P25 DL Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma

89: R3 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

129: R4 P25 WR Calvin Austin III - Memphis

168: R5 P25 G Chris Paul - Tulsa

184: R6 P6 WR Christian Watson - North Dakota State

202: R6 P24 QB Skylar Thompson - Kansas State

229: R7 P10 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

244: R7 P25 DL Damion Daniels - Nebraska

I don't know how Christian Watson was there in the 6th. Skylar Thompson is raw as hell, but we need bodies in the QB room, and the dude has wheels and a big arm; just needs time on task. At least his skillset wouldn't necessitate a dramatic offensive shift, if 17 went down. 

I thought Breece Hall in the 3rd was a steal. Araiza takes care of our punting woes. Calvin Austin replaces Beas. Winfrey is a big interior help. McDuffie could start day 1, while Trey recovers. Paul can work his way into Guard rotation. Would have taken a TE with the last pick, but Daniels was sticking out like a sore, thumb, Gilliam is serviceable, TD Doyle was used as a blocking TE for the tail end of the season, and he did actually catch a pass... Maybe we land TE in FA? 

I dunno... I would take this draft, for sure.

Christian Watson in rd 6…..and you bypassed him in rd 4 and took Calvin Austin 😳 

• Shocked 1

Round: 1

Trent McDuffie

CB | Washington

Round: 2

Jalen Wydermyer

TE | Texas A&M

Round: 3

Breece Hall

RB | Iowa State

Round: 4

John Ridgeway

DL | Arkansas

Round: 5

Cade Mays

IOL | Tennessee

Round: 6

Charleston Rambo

WR | Miami (FL)

Josh Thompson

CB | Texas

Round: 7

Matt Araiza

P | San Diego State

Zander Horvath

RB | Purdue

25: R1 P25 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama

57: R2 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

89: R3 P25 DL Haskell Garrett - Ohio State

129: R4 P25 CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Nebraska

168: R5 P25 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

184: R6 P6 LB D'Marco Jackson - Appalachian State

202: R6 P24 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart - USC

229: R7 P10 FB Zander Horvath - Purdue

244: R7 P25 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

Edited by ScorpionZero

Round 1 Pick 26: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: John Metchie, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Neil Farrell Jr., DT, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Zander Horvath, FB/RB, Purdue (A+)

This is long but I actually took the time to think out my picks from what was available and tried to reason out each one of them.   Is it sexy?  No but I think it makes sense and was successful.

I didn't like what was there at 25 so I traded back to Tennessee for 26 and their 5th round next year.  They took safety Lewis Cine

Then Green Bay offered me the 28th and their 3rd next year for the 26th.   They took linebacker Devin Lloyd

At 28 Seattle rang wanting that pick and the 89th for the 41st, 72nd and their 2nd round pick next year.  They took OT Trevor Penning at 28 and running back Jerome Ford at 89.

Still not liking how the board was falling when Pitt called for 41 and 245 while offering 52 and 84 I accepted.  They took QB Carson Strong at 52 and QB Mike Beaudry with the 84th.

At 52 I took Derion Kendrick a 6'0 200lb CB from UGA.  He started out at Clemson as a WR and was compared to Sammy Watkins.  His sophomore year he switched to CB because of numerous injuries in that room.  After a couple of games Clemson made the move permanent and he finished the season 2nd team All-ACC.  He was even better his junior year and finished 1st team All-ACC.  Then after being suspended from the team he entered the transfer portal which allowed UGA to pick him up.  He finished last season 2nd team All-ACC, was the MVP of the Orange Bowl and won his 2nd national Championship.  More importantly Smart and Swinney both speak very high of him and Smart went as far to say he was the key player that allowed their defense to excel.  He played in the Senior Bowl and did not allow a completion.

Next next pick was Phadrian Mathais at 57th.   He's a massive 6'4" 312lb DT from Alabama who appeared in 54 games over his 4 years.  He was known as a power player who was a great run stuffer with only 1.5 sacks over his first 3 years (40 games).  I say "was" because this past season he dropped the QB an amazing 9 times from the DT spot in addition to adding 49 tackles, including 10.5 for a loss, a forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 passes deflected .  Mathais was also defensive captain this past season.

In the 3rd round I traded the 72nd pick and a 5th from next year to move up and get 6'0 200lb CB Kyler Gordon of Washington.   He has great athletic ability.  Is considered very "football" smart.  A willing hitter at the line.   Solid in coverage and can play zone or man.  He has a high floor and a very high ceiling.  If not for Stingley, Booth, McDuffie (his teammate at Washington), Gardner and McCreary teams would be looking his way as a 1st round prospect but his draft is deep at the top of the CB board so he slides.

With the 84th selection that I got from Pitt I took OC Alec Lindstrom from Boston College.  He finished with the No. 3 pass blocking grade in the country at center (84.6) and allowed just one sack and two quarterback hits last season.  He was All-ACC twice and a finalist for the Rimington Trophy which is given to the nation's top center.  He finished 2nd to Tyler Linderbaum.   He can play guard although center is his natural and best position.  With the concussion's Morse has had and it being the last year of his contract drafting an insurance policy for this season and developmental replacement.   His brother has been the starting guard for the Falcons over the last 2 years.

The next selection I had was 127th and with that I took Alec Pierce a 6'3 210lb WR from Cincinnati.  While there a number of great receivers in this draft Pierce may very well have the best hands of them all.   In addition he is long armed and his coach said when a 50-50 ball is thrown to him it becomes a 60-40 or 70-30 because of the radius he possesses.  He's not just tall and long - he's fast and ran a 4.33 40 plus he showed out not just during the season 884 yards on 52 catches - a 17 average but also at the Senior Bowl where he reportedly had one of the best weeks of practice.  

I then traded away #167 in the 5th round for #180 and #199 to the Jags who took OG Chasen Hines.

At 180 I selected Obinna Eze from TCU.  When it comes to tackles Beane likes them big and Eze is huge.  He's 6'8 330 with quick feet.  At TCU they would have him pull frequently on running plays.  While a very good run blocker he still has a lot of work to do mostly because he only played 1 year in high school and while at Memphis he didn't play his first year, in only 5 games his second year and 14 in his last year before transferring to TCU where he started 11 games.  In other words he's very raw but has an upside as big as he is and you can't coach size.

With pick 185 I took Josh Paschal a 3 year starting DE for Kentucky.  He's got decent size at 6'3" 275lbs and has played both on the edge and inside.  While not a great pass rusher he was lauded for his play against the run and was named 2nd team All-SEC.  He's strong but not overly quick and like most players this late in the draft has to work on his technique.   That being said the way the Bills rotate DEs during the game he might have a chance to be more than inactive on game days.

The 199th pick that I got from the Jags I picked up Iowa State LB Mike Rose.   He's considered one of the best LBs they have ever produced and he has the numbers to go with it including 41 Tkls for loss.  He was 1st team All-Big 12 in both 2020 and 2021.   Last year in addition to being one of the top tacklers in the nation he had 5 Ints which was the 3rd most of any LB in the country.  A quick big hitter with coverage skills and size (6'4" 245lbs) its almost as if he was built to cover TEs.

Seeing the Bills lost Fromm and Webb to the Giants at 204 I took Jack Coan from Notre Dame.   The QB had a very good season for the Irish completing 66.5% of his passes to go with 25 TDs to 6 Ints.  His previous season, in Wisconsin he completed 69.6% of his passes and threw for 18 TDs vs 5 Ints.   He played in the Shrine Bowl and was impressive by all accounts.  Both in the practices and the game.  

My last selection was Jake Camarda from Georgia.  Yes I took a punter.  He's consider one of the best in the nation and I have little confidence in Haack.  In his 4 seasons there he averaged nearly 46 yards.   Out of 187 punts he put 69 within the 20, 57 were fair caught, 22 downed, only 32 returned and 67 that were longer than 50 yards.  Not only was he the SEC Special Teams Player of the Year he had a great Senior Bowl Week (where they found Bass) and in the game he average 51 yards on 6 punts with a long of 58 yards.  

So to recap I finished with:

52 - Derion Kendrick CB Georgia

57 - Phadarian Mathias DT Alabama

69 - Kyler Gordon CB Washington

84 - Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College

127 - Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati 

180 - Obinna Eze OT TCU

185- Josh Paschal DE Kentucky

199 - Mike Rose LB Iowa St

204 - Jack Coan QB Notre Dame

230 - Jake Camarda Punter Georgia

In 2023 - Seattle's 2nd round, Green Bay's 3rd and Tennessee's 5th round selections. 

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FlaFitz1 said:

This is long but I actually took the time to think out my picks from what was available and tried to reason out each one of them.   Is it sexy?  No but I think it makes sense and was successful.

I didn't like what was there at 25 so I traded back to Tennessee for 26 and their 5th round next year.  They took safety Lewis Cine

Then Green Bay offered me the 28th and their 3rd next year for the 26th.   They took linebacker Devin Lloyd

At 28 Seattle rang wanting that pick and the 89th for the 41st, 72nd and their 2nd round pick next year.  They took OT Trevor Penning at 28 and running back Jerome Ford at 89.

Still not liking how the board was falling when Pitt called for 41 and 245 while offering 52 and 84 I accepted.  They took QB Carson Strong at 52 and QB Mike Beaudry with the 84th.

At 52 I took Derion Kendrick a 6'0 200lb CB from UGA.  He started out at Clemson as a WR and was compared to Sammy Watkins.  His sophomore year he switched to CB because of numerous injuries in that room.  After a couple of games Clemson made the move permanent and he finished the season 2nd team All-ACC.  He was even better his junior year and finished 1st team All-ACC.  Then after being suspended from the team he entered the transfer portal which allowed UGA to pick him up.  He finished last season 2nd team All-ACC, was the MVP of the Orange Bowl and won his 2nd national Championship.  More importantly Smart and Swinney both speak very high of him and Smart went as far to say he was the key player that allowed their defense to excel.  He played in the Senior Bowl and did not allow a completion.

Next next pick was Phadrian Mathais at 57th.   He's a massive 6'4" 312lb DT from Alabama who appeared in 54 games over his 4 years.  He was known as a power player who was a great run stuffer with only 1.5 sacks over his first 3 years (40 games).  I say "was" because this past season he dropped the QB an amazing 9 times from the DT spot in addition to adding 49 tackles, including 10.5 for a loss, a forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 passes deflected .  Mathais was also defensive captain this past season.

In the 3rd round I traded the 72nd pick and a 5th from next year to move up and get 6'0 200lb CB Kyler Gordon of Washington.   He has great athletic ability.  Is considered very "football" smart.  A willing hitter at the line.   Solid in coverage and can play zone or man.  He has a high floor and a very high ceiling.  If not for Stingley, Booth, McDuffie (his teammate at Washington), Gardner and McCreary teams would be looking his way as a 1st round prospect but his draft is deep at the top of the CB board so he slides.

With the 84th selection that I got from Pitt I took OC Alec Lindstrom from Boston College.  He finished with the No. 3 pass blocking grade in the country at center (84.6) and allowed just one sack and two quarterback hits last season.  He was All-ACC twice and a finalist for the Rimington Trophy which is given to the nation's top center.  He finished 2nd to Tyler Linderbaum.   He can play guard although center is his natural and best position.  With the concussion's Morse has had and it being the last year of his contract drafting an insurance policy for this season and developmental replacement.   His brother has been the starting guard for the Falcons over the last 2 years.

The next selection I had was 127th and with that I took Alec Pierce a 6'3 210lb WR from Cincinnati.  While there a number of great receivers in this draft Pierce may very well have the best hands of them all.   In addition he is long armed and his coach said when a 50-50 ball is thrown to him it becomes a 60-40 or 70-30 because of the radius he possesses.  He's not just tall and long - he's fast and ran a 4.33 40 plus he showed out not just during the season 884 yards on 52 catches - a 17 average but also at the Senior Bowl where he reportedly had one of the best weeks of practice.  

I then traded away #167 in the 5th round for #180 and #199 to the Jags who took OG Chasen Hines.

At 180 I selected Obinna Eze from TCU.  When it comes to tackles Beane likes them big and Eze is huge.  He's 6'8 330 with quick feet.  At TCU they would have him pull frequently on running plays.  While a very good run blocker he still has a lot of work to do mostly because he only played 1 year in high school and while at Memphis he didn't play his first year, in only 5 games his second year and 14 in his last year before transferring to TCU where he started 11 games.  In other words he's very raw but has an upside as big as he is and you can't coach size.

With pick 185 I took Josh Paschal a 3 year starting DE for Kentucky.  He's got decent size at 6'3" 275lbs and has played both on the edge and inside.  While not a great pass rusher he was lauded for his play against the run and was named 2nd team All-SEC.  He's strong but not overly quick and like most players this late in the draft has to work on his technique.   That being said the way the Bills rotate DEs during the game he might have a chance to be more than inactive on game days.

The 199th pick that I got from the Jags I picked up Iowa State LB Mike Rose.   He's considered one of the best LBs they have ever produced and he has the numbers to go with it including 41 Tkls for loss.  He was 1st team All-Big 12 in both 2020 and 2021.   Last year in addition to being one of the top tacklers in the nation he had 5 Ints which was the 3rd most of any LB in the country.  A quick big hitter with coverage skills and size (6'4" 245lbs) its almost as if he was built to cover TEs.

Seeing the Bills lost Fromm and Webb to the Giants at 204 I took Jack Coan from Notre Dame.   The QB had a very good season for the Irish completing 66.5% of his passes to go with 25 TDs to 6 Ints.  His previous season, in Wisconsin he completed 69.6% of his passes and threw for 18 TDs vs 5 Ints.   He played in the Shrine Bowl and was impressive by all accounts.  Both in the practices and the game.  

My last selection was Jake Camarda from Georgia.  Yes I took a punter.  He's consider one of the best in the nation and I have little confidence in Haack.  In his 4 seasons there he averaged nearly 46 yards.   Out of 187 punts he put 69 within the 20, 57 were fair caught, 22 downed, only 32 returned and 67 that were longer than 50 yards.  Not only was he the SEC Special Teams Player of the Year he had a great Senior Bowl Week (where they found Bass) and in the game he average 51 yards on 6 punts with a long of 58 yards.  

So to recap I finished with:

52 - Derion Kendrick CB Georgia

57 - Phadarian Mathias DT Alabama

69 - Kyler Gordon CB Washington

84 - Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College

127 - Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati 

180 - Obinna Eze OT TCU

185- Josh Paschal DE Kentucky

199 - Mike Rose LB Iowa St

204 - Jack Coan QB Notre Dame

230 - Jake Camarda Punter Georgia

In 2023 - Seattle's 2nd round, Green Bay's 3rd and Tennessee's 5th round selections. 

That was long, but well written

15 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

We know Beas is as much as gone. Davis and Diggs are here. I took Austin because his skillset met the need.

Bypassing Watson in any rd after 2 is a poor choice, regardless of position/fit.  I wouldn’t draft just to plug holes, which is what taking Austin over Watson is doing. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Bypassing Watson in any rd after 2 is a poor choice, regardless of position/fit.  I wouldn’t draft just to plug holes, which is what taking Austin over Watson is doing. 

I probably trusted FanSpeak's rankings more than I should have; Not seeing Watson in that area, I didn't think they possibly could have ranked him so low... Therein lay my miscalculation. 

25 Zion Johnson IOL

57 Wan'Dale Robinson WR

89 Channing Tindall LB

128 Deangelo Malone EDGE

167 Lecitus Smith IOL

183 Kalon Barnes CB

201 Charlie Kolar TE

228 MarQuan McCall IDL

243 Jerrion Ealy RB

Edited by Floydboy12

12 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

FanSpeak On the Clock

25: R1 P25 CB Trent McDuffie - Washington

57: R2 P25 DL Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma

89: R3 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

129: R4 P25 WR Calvin Austin III - Memphis

168: R5 P25 G Chris Paul - Tulsa

184: R6 P6 WR Christian Watson - North Dakota State

202: R6 P24 QB Skylar Thompson - Kansas State

229: R7 P10 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

244: R7 P25 DL Damion Daniels - Nebraska

I don't know how Christian Watson was there in the 6th. Skylar Thompson is raw as hell, but we need bodies in the QB room, and the dude has wheels and a big arm; just needs time on task. At least his skillset wouldn't necessitate a dramatic offensive shift, if 17 went down. 

I thought Breece Hall in the 3rd was a steal. Araiza takes care of our punting woes. Calvin Austin replaces Beas. Winfrey is a big interior help. McDuffie could start day 1, while Trey recovers. Paul can work his way into Guard rotation. Would have taken a TE with the last pick, but Daniels was sticking out like a sore, thumb, Gilliam is serviceable, TD Doyle was used as a blocking TE for the tail end of the season, and he did actually catch a pass... Maybe we land TE in FA? 

I dunno... I would take this draft, for sure.

I would give up next year’s 1st and 3rd for this draft 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t see Breece Hall lasting to round 3...And I have a sneaking suspicion he could go round 1...He’s that good...

I want Breece or Cook. Cook already has good NFL dna going for him considering his brother. 

If we don’t pursue a CMC trade, those are the RBs I want. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25: R1 P25 WR Jameson Williams - Alabama

57: R2 P25 DL Travis Jones - Connecticut

89: R3 P25 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State

129: R4 P25 CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Nebraska

168: R5 P25 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

184: R6 P6 OT Andrew Stueber - Michigan

202: R6 P24 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart - USC

229: R7 P10 P Matt Araiza - San Diego St

244: R7 P25 RB Zander Horvath - Purdue

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Kenyon Green

OG Texas A&M

Devonte Wyatt

DT Georgia

Wan'Dale Robinson

WR Kentucky

Jalyn Armour-Davis

CB Alabama

Hassan Haskins

RB Michigan

Tyreke Smith

EDGE Ohio State

Akayleb Evans

CB Missouri

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Andrew Stueber

OG Michigan

• Like (+1) 1

Round 1 Pick 26: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis (B)
Round 3 Pick 26: Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska (A)
Round 4 Pick 26: Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Chris Paul, OG, Tulsa (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26: Zander Horvath, FB/RB, Purdue (A+)

Round: 1

Trent McDuffie

CB | Washington

Round: 2

Wan'Dale Robinson

WR | Kentucky

Round: 3

Breece Hall

RB | Iowa State

Round: 4

John Ridgeway

DL | Arkansas

Round: 5

Cade Mays

IOL | Tennessee

Josh Thompson

CB | Texas

Andrew Stueber

OT | Michigan

Matt Araiza

P | San Diego State

Zander Horvath

RB | Purdue

On 3/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

I want Breece or Cook. Cook already has good NFL dna going for him considering his brother. 

If we don’t pursue a CMC trade, those are the RBs I want. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:45 PM, JaCrispy said:

I don’t see Breece Hall lasting to round 3...And I have a sneaking suspicion he could go round 1...He’s that good...

I’m sitting here thinking that Travis Etienne was believed to had been Buffalo’s 1st rd choice before the Jags took him. Breece is a better RB than Etienne, so there is a possibility at 25

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.