Do we just try and score 50 a game???

Hebert19

So with all the draft and free agent talk...much of the options being offense...do we just say ***** it and go get them all and score as many points as humanly possible qnd see if anyone can keep up?   It's not a stretch that we could...

1.  Trade for Barkley or McCaffrey or alternatively sign Gordon fournette or Patterson.  My pick is Patterson as he is a weapon as a returner too.  

2.  Sign gronk.  

3.  Draft Jameson or olive

4.  Resign McKenzie.

If we did this we could field skilled positions of:

Patterson/Singletary

Gronk/Knox

Diggs, Gabe, Beasley (if we keep him), Jameson. 

McKenzie and Patterson returning. 

Go hang 40 on everyone.   Haven't blown much money or draft capital that you can throw at the D.  (CB, Dline)

Feels like if we can restructure a few contracts we are absolutely in a house money position and should be going all in.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

While its nice to score 50 a game it's just not realistic.  There will be times when the Bills D will have to win a game and not just against bad teams with bad QB's. Look at how the Bengals got to the Super Bowl. Their D was opportunistic at Tennessee by getting turnovers that led to a win. They also shutdown the Chiefs in the 2nd half which allowed them to comeback and win the game. I get that the league is all about offense and scoring but you still need to play good defense. The Rams won the Super Bowl because their D kept them in it. For the longest time the Rams offense was struggling in that game.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

While its nice to score 50 a game it's just not realistic.  There will be times when the Bills D will have to win a game and not just against bad teams with bad QB's. Look at how the Bengals got to the Super Bowl. Their D was opportunistic at Tennessee by getting turnovers that led to a win. They also shutdown the Chiefs in the 2nd half which allowed them to comeback and win the game. I get that the league is all about offense and scoring but you still need to play good defense. The Rams won the Super Bowl because their D kept them in it. For the longest time the Rams offense was struggling in that game.

Yep - while buffalo's defense was statistically #1 - they definitely were propped up by really just absolutely annihilating bad offenses.  53 yards and 4 first downs week 18, 109 yards and 6 1st downs week 4 (with 5 takeaways), Thanksgiving against the saints, the dolphins twice etc.  DVOA takes into account your opponent - but putting your bottom tier opponents down that hard definitely factors in as well.  

The 4 games against KCx2, Indy and TB they averaged over 400 yards allowed and more than 26 first downs in all 3.  The only one of those games they won they had 4 takeaways, and were 0-3 without (and 1-4 on the season with no takeaways).  

Figure out what you need to do to better stop those teams - if its pass rush, or linebackers, dbs, whatever.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am in the 50 a game fanclub

Yeah, how did we go from 50 to 40 by the end of the post?.....In all seriousness we need to go heavy offense in FA and the draft.  McB  had their 2 drafts of high defensive picks. Time to flip the script.  If a great pass rusher comes along at a reasonable contract,  go get him. But full steam ahead on offensive. I'd have no issues with guys like Gronk or Patterson. I'd draft Williams @ 25 if there and Breece Hall day 2.  Barkley or McCaffrey is rolling the dice injury wise?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

It's not as if our defense will fall off a cliff statistically if we don't spend a first round pick or a huge contract on a defender this offseason. The guys with expiring contracts had very replaceable production. 

I would prefer to draft a rb high instead of using a draft pick to trade for a guy with a big contract. I like Breece Hall a lot and think he could be the element that makes our offense more balanced considering he is also a good receiver out of the backfield. I have no idea if he would be available in round 2 because his combine performance will likely impact that.

I like Jameson, but he isn't a lock to even play in 2022. Best case scenario would probably be him missing 10 or so games. Even if we draft him, we can't count an anything from him this year, he'd be a pick for the future. We'd definitely need to add a FA WR in addition to him, unless we keep both Beasley & McKenzie.

Nice pipe dream OP, just isn’t gonna happen with enough regularity in real life. Not that having our offense pick up where they left off last season for the duration of the upcoming season would be a bad thing…,

Hopefully, and I believe it will be so, our new OC, And OLC will work in a more cohesive way to create a more seamless and powerful overall offensive scheme,  this will make our HC and our fans very Fing happy imo. 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.