Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

19 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

How would this make sense with the salary cap??

They should be able to create $20M-$35M with cuts and re-structures if they want to.

Gronk is projected at $7M next year by spotrac.

The easiest thing would be to cut Beasley.......save $6.1M........sign Gronk for one year $7M but put $1M-$3M of that figure into the 2023 using a "voidable year" like they did with Emmanuel Sanders and Mario Addison last season.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sign him !

And dont give me any of this trey White BS, i dont care.

Gronk is not a felon so all that matters is winning the Superbowl.

I mean as long as it’s not a conviction of beating a woman or killing/seriously injuring someone I could get past a felony for a Super Bowl. I don’t need a team of all choir boys/high character guys, give me dudes who love to play and want to win at all costs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The only virtue signaling I see here is from the moral arbiters who cannot seem to grasp that there can exist multiple points of view on the same football player.

Hatefulness and being unforgiving is just "a point of view"?   

That's the kind of take that has brought us to have to see these messages on Sunday's now.  

qggggnii3uv3plh6cuxe.jpg

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hatefulness and being unforgiving is just "a point of view"?   

That's the kind of take that has brought us to have to see these messages on Sunday's now.  

qggggnii3uv3plh6cuxe.jpg

I’m going to hope that’s a joke and that  you don’t actually believe a dislike of Gronkowski is in any way analogous to helmet stickers opposing police brutality and institutional discrimination.

This shouldn’t be that complicated. It’s ok if you like him and it’s ok if you don’t.

• Thank you (+1) 2

If he scores and does a monster spike the fans will go nuts. He's a big jamoke and will add so much energy and excitement.  Having 2 tight ends that are great receiving threats while both being excellent blockers will add so much to this offense, we will rush better and pass better.  He's a top TE in the league, and will improve an already dangerous offense.  A great 3rd down and redzone target.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m going to hope that’s a joke and that  you don’t actually believe a dislike of Gronkowski is in any way analogous to helmet stickers opposing police brutality and institutional discrimination.

This shouldn’t be that complicated. It’s ok if you like him and it’s ok if you don’t.

this thread has pivoted from discussing a football player to blaming societal ills based on what...our opinion of a football transaction/player on a  bills message board??  this thread has officially jumped the shark

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

After giving this some thought, and watching some talking heads speak to this, and reading all the posts of all ya’lI who are wrong, 😁, I have to say, objectively it would be a good move, that said, I don’t think Gronk has any real desire to sign with Buffalo, he can very likely make more money elsewhere, blah blah blah…, next thing ya know I will be supporting Tawmy as our BUQB, god I feel dirty, 😂

Go Bills!!!

5 hours ago, dje85 said:

We won't until free agency tampering begins in about two weeks.

LEGAL free agent tampering begins in two weeks. Free agent tampering has already begun.

Tim Graham says there is "hope" at OBD that Gronk would be willing to finish his career here. I don't think he would put this out there it he hasn't heard that both parties have already felt each other out.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sign him !

And dont give me any of this trey White BS, i dont care.

Gronk is not a felon so all that matters is winning the Superbowl.

Gronk is NOT the missing link.  

well he is a missing link but I don’t want to repeat what I said pages ago

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, CaliBills said:

haha so someone else decided to use the whole Cali thing against you.  

Talk about Statesism or how ever you want to call it.  

Same thing happened to me and I got suspended from the board for telling the guy off.  You definitely kept it cooler than I would.

Thanks

My point remains. The Bills are in new territory now. There’ll be free agents looking to come to Buffalo in hopes of grabbing a ring (from my keyboard to God’s ears). The front office needs to be very selective. I’m not saying that’s Gronk but I could easily see him being less than motivated in crunch time. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks

My point remains. The Bills are in new territory now. There’ll be free agents looking to come to Buffalo in hopes of grabbing a ring (from my keyboard to God’s ears). The front office needs to be very selective. I’m not saying that’s Gronk but I could easily see him being less than motivated in crunch time. 

I don’t agree with this at all. He’s a highly competitive person. That doesn’t turn off because you’ve won before. That doesn’t turn off period. It’s in your nature to always win or better the person opposite you no matter the situation. 

You’re either that person or you’re not. Gronk is that person. I’d gladly add him to the roster and not look back. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t agree with this at all. He’s a highly competitive person. That doesn’t turn off because you’ve won before. That doesn’t turn off period. It’s in your nature to always win or better the person opposite you no matter the situation. 

You’re either that person or you’re not. Gronk is that person. I’d gladly add him to the roster and not look back. 

I’m not saying he isn’t. I don’t know the man and I doubt you do either. But…my point remains that veterans are going to need to be vetted. Especially those that are clearly at the end of their football life span. I remember saying the same thing back when Rex was bringing in veteran players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not saying he isn’t. I don’t know the man and I doubt you do either. But…my point remains that veterans are going to need to be vetted. Especially those that are clearly at the end of their football life span. I remember saying the same thing back when Rex was bringing in veteran players. 

And reports have been the Bills talked with Gronk last year, and are now talking again this year.  Pretty indicative that he fits.

Gronk gave Tampa a deal when he signed.  He gave under market price to play for a team he wanted.  It looks like the Bills could be in a similar position,  get him for $8M.  Much better than the open market - Tonyan 10.5M, Njoku >10M, Schultz 12.5,  Godert 14M, J Smith 12M.  Time for the Bills to get a deal.

As a recently annoited Gronkite, I feel its my duty to speak up.  I don't want Gronk Kaepernicked out of here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.