Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

@Stank_Nasty what did I say that was wrong?

Fact Gronk has a grudge against the Bills for passing him twice in the draft 

Fact he Loves that Bills fans hate him. 

Fact He purposefully slammed into a defenseless Tre.  
His apology for it was fake.  

Fact He said he wants to play for Joe Burrow, or the other young stud QB Justin Herbert. 

Fact: I’d be perfectly fine with the addition of Gronk and I’m a diehard bills fan. Actually not just fine, but in favor of it. 

Fact: it’s not BS. They were interested last year as well. 

sorry there’s so many butthurt sensitive fans that can’t wrap their heads around it. 

National FOOTBALL league. Not the national Good Samaritan league or nice guy league. Give me the upgrade at the position for 2 TE sets with Knox/Gronk

… I’d absolutely LOVE seeing the Gronk spike in a foxboro end zone, in a bills uniform 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

@Stank_Nasty what did I say that was wrong?

Fact Gronk has a grudge against the Bills for passing him twice in the draft 

Fact he Loves that Bills fans hate him. 

Fact He purposefully slammed into a defenseless Tre.  
His apology for it was fake.  

Fact He said he wants to play for Joe Burrow, or the other young stud QB Justin Herbert. 

Fact  The idea that adding Rob Gronkowski might make you feel conflicted about your Bills fandom........and hopefully send you back to one of the other teams you used to root for..........makes it an even BETTER idea, IMO.  :lol:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not my fault you guys live under a rock:

“I just got suspended a week. I was happy, I was finally happy,” Gronkowski said on Tuesday’s episode of “Man in the Arena. “I was like, ‘Yes, I’m away from football for a week. I get to recover my body.'”

“I lost a game check and it was about $300,000 that game check, and I didn’t even care one bit,” he continued. “I was just glad I had a week off from football because I needed it.”

https://nypost.com/2022/01/05/rob-gronkowski-was-happy-with-2017-patriots-suspension/

Ok, if this is your only source, I'll just assume you made up the "didn't regret it" part yourself, right?

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Dirty, cheap shot of a move…. It happens in the NFL a lot, Don’t care at all at this point. He’s a good player still and he would be a nice asset to the offense. Sign him.

What you said is almost exactly what Micah Hyde said about it.  In fact he went so far as to say the media(in this case message board) are the ones that would make a big deal about it:  

“It was a dirty play, apology or not,” Hyde said. “We’ll see him again in a few weeks. You guys will make this a story. I’ve been a part of plenty of games, whatever sport it might be. There’s been dirty plays. Just got to put it past you.”

6 hours ago, mannc said:

So the guy who put up 806 receiving yards in 12 games last year (at 15 YPC) is going to back up Dawson Knox?  Don't think so...  

I do, myself. 

I think limiting his snaps as an older dude is something he'd love. 

Not to mention that if they did bring him in they'd absolutely put a bunch of 12 formation plays in. Throwing a dangerous two-TE package in on top of everything else would force defenses to spend yet more prep time on that. Little sleep that week for opposing DCs.

To me it would depend on compensation.

They may well just be kicking tires, but I'm sure a creative OC would rub his hands together in glee with both Knox and Gronk on the field sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right!?!? 800+ Yards in 12 games. Who in the world wants that as another option in the offense? Especially if they are an elite blocker at their position as well! YUCK! 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

No one can guarantee that he will still have that same type of production.

Not spending 7-8 million on an injury prone player.

That money can be better spent elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, kind of a no brainer. I feel like everyone else about the Tre hit, but you know if we got him, we'd all talk ourselves into it within a few minutes.  "It's a rough game, people lose their composure, it happens, etc."  

The ends don't always justify the means, but what he did isn't the same as some of the other egregious stuff that goes on among some of the players in the league.

Gronk w/ Knox would be pretty crazy.  We'd be the ultimate nightmare for opposing DC's.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said.......NOTHING in there about not regretting the act......which he had already apologized for..........just being glad that he was disciplined for it.

If your reading comprehension is that poor..........maybe you just can't do words.

oh yes he sounds soooooo contrite in that statement..NOT ..sooo glad to be disciined...yeah selfishy....That further shows his character to me...If it was cherry picked to show him in a bad light there is that. But Please dont insult our collective intelligence by insinuating that what he said there showed even a tad of remorse towards that vicious hit.  If anything it was callous...reminds me of the reaction of that other scumbag who cheap shotted Aaron Williams.  Gronk is glad to have time to  allow his body to heal, not caring about the money what an ####### . I think the guy is an athletically gifted **** If Tre forgives him so be it. I'll never like seeing him in a Bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Writing a wrong from many years ago. Drafting Torrel Troup 1 pick before the Gronk. WOWzers. Let's pretend Gronk was drafted instead...I believe he would be one of the most popular Bills players of all time. Local guy, all time great player, funny, a lil crazy like all of us. I'm sure he'd fit right in with the Mafia.

Most importantly, he can still play and will free up Knox for a monster season. I guarantee Tre White doesn't care about what happened years ago and would welcome Gronk as a teammate to help in achieving the ultimate goal. 

For context our backup TE down the stretch was a 3rd string olinemen. 

#GG (# thing get gronk) 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ok, if this is your only source, I'll just assume you made up the "didn't regret it" part yourself, right?

What you said is almost exactly what Micah Hyde said about it.  In fact he went so far as to say the media(in this case message board) are the ones that would make a big deal about it:  

“It was a dirty play, apology or not,” Hyde said. “We’ll see him again in a few weeks. You guys will make this a story. I’ve been a part of plenty of games, whatever sport it might be. There’s been dirty plays. Just got to put it past you.”

Tre White:

“My life is way more important than football. I’ve got a son to raise, man,” White said, via WKBW in Buffalo. “I’m down there with back turned, head to the ground, and somebody sneakin’ me. I mean, I could have broke my neck. It could have paralyzed me. Nobody thinks about that, they think about football. At the end of the day, if football ends today or tomorrow, I’ll be fine as long as I’m able to walk, and raise my son and do the things that I want to do.”

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

His “hate” for Buffalo is manufactured.  Dude is a huge doofus, doubt he really hates on us for not drafting him the way his career has gone.

As far as the Tre hit.  I guess I’d leave it up to Tre whether or not we sign him.  If he’s good, I’d probably be good with it.  

The dude can still play.  Just doubt he doesn’t follow brady to his next team which I believe would be the Niners.

Iirc, Tawmy is under contract next season with Tampa Bay, so, not so likely, at least not this upcoming season anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I do, myself. 

Not to mention that if they did bring him in they'd absolutely put a bunch of 12 formation plays in. Throwing a dangerous two-TE package in on top of everything else would force defenses to spend yet more prep time on that. Little sleep that week for opposing DCs.

They may well just be kicking tires, but I'm sure a creative OC would rub his hands together in glee with both Knox and Gronk on the field sometimes.

I agree that the Bills would figure out a way to get them both on the field at the same time…

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tre White:

“My life is way more important than football. I’ve got a son to raise, man,” White said, via WKBW in Buffalo. “I’m down there with back turned, head to the ground, and somebody sneakin’ me. I mean, I could have broke my neck. It could have paralyzed me. Nobody thinks about that, they think about football. At the end of the day, if football ends today or tomorrow, I’ll be fine as long as I’m able to walk, and raise my son and do the things that I want to do.”

Yeah we all heard that after the game in 2017.    It's 2022.

That isn't a quote supporting your insistence that Gronkowski said he didn't regret hitting Tre White,  or felt White deserved it or anything of the sort.

Just take the L.

• Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I do, myself. 

Exactly. It’s all about value and ROI….. What would he want for a contract? Is that a better value than other available options? 

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tre White:

That's all fine and dandy, and if I were White I'd be mad, too.  I'm not a Gronk fan, so I don't know what you're trying to sell me here.  Maybe you should get a job on cable news, because you claim he said that he didn't regret it, and now you show me this ham sandwich for whatever reason I don't know.  It's clear you made that up, and that's all really wanted to know.  Have a great night. 

57 minutes ago, beer said:

Writing a wrong from many years ago. Drafting Torrel Troup 1 pick before the Gronk. WOWzers. Let's pretend Gronk was drafted instead...I believe he would be one of the most popular Bills players of all time. Local guy, all time great player, funny, a lil crazy like all of us. I'm sure he'd fit right in with the Mafia.

Most importantly, he can still play and will free up Knox for a monster season. I guarantee Tre White doesn't care about what happened years ago and would welcome Gronk as a teammate to help in achieving the ultimate goal. 

For context our backup TE down the stretch was a 3rd string olinemen. 

#GG (# thing get gronk) 

Lots of ways to look at it. If we would have drafted Gronk, we probably wouldn’t have drafted Josh Allen. I’m happy the way everything has turned out. 

31 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That's all fine and dandy, and if I were White I'd be mad, too.  I'm not a Gronk fan, so I don't know what you're trying to sell me here.  Maybe you should get a job on cable news, because you claim he said that he didn't regret it, and now you show me this ham sandwich for whatever reason I don't know.  It's clear you made that up, and that's all really wanted to know.  Have a great night. 

No, you quoted Hyde saying that it was not as big of a deal, so I showed you White's quote where clearly HE thought it was a big deal.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wow,  anyone ever use the words "bat" and "sh*t" in unison when describing your reaction to something? :lol:

Remember,  hate is always a you problem.

my reaction to this post? .  Neither yours Not mines opinion will mean squat as to wether or not he is ever signed in Buffalo.  Get over yourself.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Iirc, Tawmy is under contract next season with Tampa Bay, so, not so likely, at least not this upcoming season anyway. 

If brady wants out, Tampa will most likely allow a trade this year.  Can’t see him out of football a year and then coming back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.