I really want Fitzy to come back for this season

bubba2018

15 hours ago, transient said:

I really don’t want the curse of Fitzpatrick anywhere near Josh Allen. Anyone else?

I'm torn by my logical, non-superstitious nature and the virtually perfect record that the curse of Fitzpatrick has over starting QB's.

I guess that makes me not superstitious, but a little stitious.

2 hours ago, cage said:

So I guess the same applies to Andy Dalton who got Dak Prescott and Justin Fields hurt over the last two seasons?

That's not even close to a Fitzpatrick level curse.

15 hours ago, transient said:

I really don’t want the curse of Fitzpatrick anywhere near Josh Allen. Anyone else?

I do not believe in voodoo dolls, Indian cemetery curses or Nostradamus dates.

If he is best candidate for Bills due to combination of experience, attitude and price sign him.

Only reason not to sign him is he never played for Panthers.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/1/2022 at 10:51 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In case Josh should ever go down we need a capable veteran that can run this offense. Fitz is the best name out there and would most likely welcome a return back home

I don't think Fitz is the "best name out there " for this offense. 

• Agree 1

The curse is so Fing real that it even took out Fitz as a starting QB, NFW do we want this guy even in the building to visit…, 

😂

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The curse is so Fing real that it even took out Fitz as a starting QB, NFW do we want this guy even in the building to visit…, 

😂

I am surprised that you let him attend the playoff game at Highmark. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

Here's the way I look at it, knowing what Fitzpatrick can offer if he signed in Buffalo and Allen gets hurt and misses a significant stretch of games what evidence is there that he's going to be able to carry the load and win games for this team?

Sure he might come in and have a 2 or 3 game stretch where he goes bonkers and puts up some 300+ yard games. But history has shown what happens next and the lightening in the bottle fizzles out quickly with Fitz.

Bigger picture with Fitz is the smart move is to simply retire and not continue playing period even if the bills were interested (and I don't think they will be).

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 11:46 PM, NoName said:

I don't want Fitz back.  No thanks.  Too hot and cold.  They should bring back Matt Barkley.  He was solid when he had to backup J.A.  He knows the offense and they only reason they got rid of him was for Tribusky.

Looks like Beane agrees.  Barkley did a solid job when Josh was injured a few seasons ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.