I really want Fitzy to come back for this season

bubba2018

58 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I mention this every chance I get because I am trying to speak it into existence.  Fitz can do what Aikman and Romo have done and be better at it.  He's funnier, smarter, has a more engaging personality than any other person connected to the NFL that I have witnessed.

He has played for 9 different NFL franchises and likely has connections to more owners, FOs, players and coaches than any other person in the league.  

That is probably 100% his future, but they won't put him on TV with that lumberjack look. I also think he might make a very good coach down the line. 

8 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He made $10 Million last season, but maybe he's willing to take a steep pay cut (Trubisky only made $2.5 Million last year)

if Bills pay a backup any more than they paid MT last year, they are foolish.  If JA goes down, we're f'd no matter who the backup is.  thats life in the NFL

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jameis Winston

Jacoby Brissett

Teddy Bridgewater

Marcus Mariota

Trevor Siemian

Sean Mannion

Veterans past their prime

Andy Dalton

Cam Newton

Tyrod Taylor

Blaine Gabbert

Mike Glennon

Geno Smith

Long-time veterans starting to think about retirement

Joe Flacco

Colt McCoy

Chase Daniel

Chad Henne

Brian Hoyer

* This is not my list, I stole it. So sue me

Edited by flaz

Fitz is one of my favorite NFL players of all time.

That said ... nope.  Too old.  Too reckless.  Too much of a liability.

Sentiment and warm fuzzies aren't reasons you add someone to the roster.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'd love it if Mitch decided to hang around for 1 more season, but that's very unlikely. So that being said, who would you prefer to back up Josh? Winston may get another starting opportunity I'm guessing. So maybe Bridgewater, or Mariota? Not sure how much difference the cost between those 2 and Fitz though. 

Who do you got in mind?

Somebody that is healthy? Fitz had hip surgery in December and he is 40. He is done.

Notice how he isnt mentioned anywhere in the media as an option. Its Trubisky, Mariota, Winston. Fitz isnt healthy. He is going to retire and show up at random events or become an announcer 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That is probably 100% his future, but they won't put him on TV with that lumberjack look. I also think he might make a very good coach down the line. 

Fitz looks like a modern day Merlin Olsen. No worries about his look for TV. 

25 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

if Bills pay a backup any more than they paid MT last year, they are foolish.  If JA goes down, we're f'd no matter who the backup is.  thats life in the NFL

I think the Bills have a dollar amount they are willing to spend on the backup QB position. Mitch got $2.5M last year. I don't think they go above that and most likely look to spend a little less there this year. That would likely rule out guys like Mariota, Fitz, Dalton and Taylor IMO.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

Sign me up.  More than capable backup, great locker room presence, great community presence.  I don't understand what's not to like about it?  We have zero need to groom a younger guy.  Capable vet leader is what we need.

11 hours ago, recovery96 said:

Anyone else?

I resisted for 12 hrs.

------------

"I really want Fitzy to come back for this season"

Oh yeah?  Well, I want a pony!  And a ticket to Aruba!

Seriously, though, the Fitzpatrick Curse is real and I want it NO WHERE NEAR OUR JOSH

1 hour ago, flaz said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jameis Winston

Jacoby Brissett

Teddy Bridgewater

Marcus Mariota

Trevor Siemian

Sean Mannion

Veterans past their prime

Andy Dalton

Cam Newton

Tyrod Taylor

Blaine Gabbert

Mike Glennon

Geno Smith

Long-time veterans starting to think about retirement

Joe Flacco

Colt McCoy

Chase Daniel

Chad Henne

Brian Hoyer

You don't think Ryan Fitz deserves "on the list" of "long-time veterans starting to think about retirement"?

Colt McCoy led 'Zona to a 2-1 record while Murray was out

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It worked for Merlin Olsen.  Coaches work way too many hours and by contrast, a TV gig is hardly a full time job.  He can still be a checked in dad and husband and maybe make more money than he did playing QB.  Just my thoughts.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, transient said:

Fitzpatrick on any roster is practically a guarantee that the starter will get injured. No thanks.

So I guess the same applies to Andy Dalton who got Dak Prescott and Justin Fields hurt over the last two seasons?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.