I really want Fitzy to come back for this season

bubba2018

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In case Josh should ever go down we need a capable veteran that can run this offense. Fitz is the best name out there and would most likely welcome a return back home

No he isnt... he is a curse.

Curses don't care if you disagree @Sheneneh Jenkins

Edited by TBBills
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 3

I wouldn't mind it personally. Loved Fitz as a player and he's a more than a capable back up/ spot starter. 

This is one situation Fitz can't come in and outplay a player of Josh's caliber and I'm not one for curses.  

Fan favorite, solid back up, locker room presence and an overall hilarious dude. Plus he's one of those players you cheer for to win a ring.

Wouldn't mind at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He made $10 Million last season, but maybe he's willing to take a steep pay cut (Trubisky only made $2.5 Million last year)

We had that guy from State Farm giving out great deals

• Haha (+1) 1

This thread is hilarious.  Fitz, at about 2-3M, is a perfect backup for one season.  He loves Buffalo, players love him, and he’d be another “guy in the room” helping Josh go even farther.  Plus, who wouldn’t love to see Fitz get a chance, even as a backup, to finally go to the playoffs and possibly win a Super Bowl.

We should root for the good guys of this world like Fitz.  There is no “curse” — he has chosen teams with sketchy QB situations before because he wanted to be the starter.  I think there’s a decent chance he is past that now and would welcome a “senior advisor” role in which he plays in mop-up duty or only when necessary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

ok...and tin foil hats don't care what size your head is......😃

Don't get pissy at me b.c Fitz is cursed. I also don't think you know what tinfoil hats are for, they aren't for curses.

Edited by TBBills
  • Disagree 1

I mention this every chance I get because I am trying to speak it into existence.  Fitz can do what Aikman and Romo have done and be better at it.  He's funnier, smarter, has a more engaging personality than any other person connected to the NFL that I have witnessed.

He has played for 9 different NFL franchises and likely has connections to more owners, FOs, players and coaches than any other person in the league.  

• Agree 1

Nope. 

Nothing to do with any "curse". He's coming off a pretty significant injury. Not really sure he's going to be 100% ready.

Plus if he is ready to roll and playing this year there are enough teams that would be able to offer him a chance to play (and pay him much more for that). 

I do look forward to him attending the AFC Championship game in Buffalo this year, however. I'll even buy the guy one of those overpriced Labatts.

31 minutes ago, njbuff said:

There is another former Bills starting QB who could come here as a backup that isn’t named Ryan Fitzpatrick.

So, bring back Peterman?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He made $10 Million last season, but maybe he's willing to take a steep pay cut (Trubisky only made $2.5 Million last year)

It’s not about money , it’s about a capable , available backup with similar skills for the scheme/ playbook. Stop the romanticism, he was a GOOD , not much above avg qb who threw picks at terrible times and now he can’t run as well at age 40 post hip injury. He won one memorable comeback game here; he lost more by very bad picks and that happened at other stops as well.  Great fan, great guy , leave it at that. Groom a young guy with a later pick, or let’s see who becomes available. Mitch Is still possible.   The Amish rifle is shot , mind willing , body has not held  up well   All our picks won’t make it on this squad , take a flyer in a rookie, trade , check the cfl or the new league after the season is over.   Can’t beat Father Time, or poor decision making in crunch time; he can’t even add to the qb room as Josh is on a way diff level than fitz ever obtained and we have a new qb coach as well.   Let them do their job and scout the leagues for a backup hopefully we never use more than a series or two. 

Edited by DrPJax

No,thanks. Forget the sentiment; he is barely in the top 10 of free agent QBs and I'm not sure he is a great fit, or 100% healthy. I'd prefer someone with a similar skill set as Josh,able to run a bit. I like Trubisky, but he is likely gone. How about Brissett or Mariotta?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.