I really want Fitzy to come back for this season

bubba2018

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In case Josh should ever go down we need a capable veteran that can run this offense. Fitz is the best name out there and would most likely welcome a return back home

Fitzpatrick on any roster is practically a guarantee that the starter will get injured. No thanks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

Season ending hip injury on a forty plus year old QB…, iirc what I read, it’s the same type of injury that ended Bo Jackson career, and he was younger, and way stronger and far more athletic than Fitz, it would be nostalgic for sure, but I don’t think it’s very likely to happen, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

No. People need to let this go

I'd love it if Mitch decided to hang around for 1 more season, but that's very unlikely. So that being said, who would you prefer to back up Josh? Winston may get another starting opportunity I'm guessing. So maybe Bridgewater, or Mariota? Not sure how much difference the cost between those 2 and Fitz though. 

Who do you got in mind?

• Dislike 1

Definitely not the right move at this time. But they will have to reshape the room. I still have my money on Kyle Allen to be Josh’s long term #2. Then a very cheap veteran, a guy like Brian Hoyer, who is a good guy to have in the room but will never touch the field. 

5 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He made $10 Million last season, but maybe he's willing to take a steep pay cut (Trubisky only made $2.5 Million last year)

He would have to for sure and I'm sure he would be aware of that.....but if both parties have interest it could be worked out. 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Season ending hip injury on a forty plus year old QB…, iirc what I read, it’s the same type of injury that ended Bo Jackson career, and he was younger, and way stronger and far more athletic than Fitz, it would be nostalgic for sure, but I don’t think it’s very likely to happen, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

Yeah definitely, if by chance it happens it would be only a 1 yr signing I would think. If he is healthy enough that is....

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah definitely, if by chance it happens it would be only a 1 yr signing I would think. If he is healthy enough that is....

It could happen as you said, I do wonder how little he would take salary wise, I can’t see  Beane paying him more that 3 million, been wrong before…, 

I don't want Fitz back.  No thanks.  Too hot and cold.  They should bring back Matt Barkley.  He was solid when he had to backup J.A.  He knows the offense and they only reason they got rid of him was for Tribusky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

I don't want Fitz back.  No thanks.  Too hot and cold.  They should bring back Matt Barkley.  He was solid when he had to backup J.A.  He knows the offense and they only reason they got rid of him was for Tribusky.

Barkley is QB3 quality, imo.  Bills can and will do better than that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

love the fitz and all that goes with him and his legacy and mutual admiration of our fair city, but at age 40, coming back from hip surgery to heave TDs and picks galore as a throwback immobile pocket of yesteryear isnt going to happen, so lets leave it at that and expect him to retire as a beloved Bill

now who we gonna get...Barkley, Andy Dalton, Jake Fromm. Mariota, Winston ???? god help us

I don’t feel nostalgia towards Fitzy in any way. I mean it’s cool he was at the playoff game. But my feeling are meh. Maybe I am just cold, but I feel like those were some decent teams and he wasn’t good enough. And that contract they gave him was so short sighted, and they just kept on passing up QBs in the draft because they thought he was the guy which all leads up to the forced picked of EJ Manuel. 

I’d want to sign Jim Kelly down the line to a one day contract so he could get a ring with the Bills. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.