What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?

Rigotz

What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. What is the HIGHEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley? ($7.2M, 1yr)

• 1st round
    • 2nd round
    • 3rd round
    • 4th round
    • 5th round
    • 6th round
    • 7th round
    • None, we can get a better running back for $7.2M

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

in 13 games last year he averaged 65 total yards per game. This is replacement level RB output. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkSa00/gamelog/2021/

Devin Singletary averaged 64 yards per game

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00/gamelog/2021/

Where is the upgrade? 

Well, you do realize there is a massive difference in rushing in a Daniel Jones led offense with the worst OL in football and running in a top 3 offense led by Josh Allen right?

This is not an equal comparison.  For example:  Priest Holmes was a meh back for the Ravens, but he became other worldly the second he stepped onto the field as a Kansas City Chief.  

So no disrespect bud, but this isn't a good argument here just because it's not remotely close to equal situations for both running backs.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh please, your going to pull out the example of a hall of fame QB 30 years ago?

Plenty of high draft picks don't live up to the hype. For 7.2 million, a RB had better be a game changer. Someone you try to stop on every down and he still gets his yards and TDs. Barkley hasn't been that player since his rookie year. He had 7 100 yards games in 2018 and 5 since then. 

Yes hes on a bad team, but he hasn't done nearly enough to be a game changing back. If we were getting the 2018 version, sure sign me up, but this is 2022 and for 7.2 million on a team already against the cap this makes no sense

Sometimes it takes a change of scenery 

It was highly rumored that the Bills were going to draft Najee Harris with their first pick in last years draft. The Steelers beat them to it and got him at #24 and Buffalo didn't pick till #30.

I was saying why? The Bills have Motor and Moss. They don't need a RB.

Now, I've watched Harris with Pitt this past season and good lord he would have been a great add to the Buffalo offense! That is... provided... of course that the OC actually called more run plays.

Then you have to think... do the Bills really want to hand off 300 times? I'm thinking no! Devin Singletary will do the job needed in this offense. 

Build a better offensive line to protect the QB and do a better job at run blocking.

Singletary was 19th in yards before contact. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/rushing_advanced.htm

Look who was #1, #2, #3. 

On 3/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, dneveu said:

Yeah - 7.2 million dollars is a lot for any running back, let alone one who hasn't been particularly good since his rookie year.  Trading Star saves Buffalo a little bit more than cutting him would because of the 2022 salary guarantee and helps it fit.  

And he's probably not signing an extension either so its a 1 yr 7.2 mil deal that to me doesn't put buffalo any closer to getting over the hump.  

Post june 1 trade.  Saves most of the money with little dead cap with star.  Restructure Barkley.  In a role like Singletary had.  Maybe a little less, I think he will blossom.  Dont need a workhorse.  Barkley in open space will look like the guy at Penn St.  

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Post june 1 trade.  Saves most of the money with little dead cap with star.  Restructure Barkley.  In a role like Singletary had.  Maybe a little less, I think he will blossom.  Dont need a workhorse.  Barkley in open space will look like the guy at Penn St.  

Why would he re-structure?  He gets 7 guaranteed no matter what.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.