What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?

Rigotz

What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. What is the HIGHEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley? ($7.2M, 1yr)

• 1st round
    • 2nd round
    • 3rd round
    • 4th round
    • 5th round
    • 6th round
    • 7th round
    • None, we can get a better running back for $7.2M

8 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

It is an albatross when you couple 5X what we're currently paying our RB's plus a significant injury history, plus the fact that running back is the most fungible easily replaceable position in the game.  

My point when comparing to Brock Osweiler is that you don't give up assets to trade for this guy.  In many instances, the team that's looking to trade shouldn't be looking for much in return.  

But please, keep playing amateur offseason GM and flame away at people who don't agree with the thought of overpaying for the RB position (see McCoy, LeSean for recent examples)

NYG are in no position to NEED to jettison his contract.  They're a bad team with a ton of holes and no QB.  May as well just play it out with him.  

I don't think they'll get much in the way of interest either.  Maybe someone like the dolphins will do a late pick swap or something?  But thats a brutal cap hit for an injury prone mediocre running back. 

How much are marlon mack and david johnson with 0 picks/any compensation? How much worse is david johnson than barkley?  

I know he was a 2nd overall pick and theres a ton of home run potential, but at that cap hit its painful.

15 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

It is an albatross when you couple 5X what we're currently paying our RB's plus a significant injury history, plus the fact that running back is the most fungible easily replaceable position in the game.  

My point when comparing to Brock Osweiler is that you don't give up assets to trade for this guy.  In many instances, the team that's looking to trade shouldn't be looking for much in return.  

But please, keep playing amateur offseason GM and flame away at people who don't agree with the thought of overpaying for the RB position (see McCoy, LeSean for recent examples)

I did not suggest overpaying for an RB or not overpaying for an RB.

I just thought the idea of the Giants giving picks to offload Saquon's contract is a ridiculous proposition. Two years ago he was one of the brightest stars in the entire league and he's still on his rookie deal.

8 minutes ago, dneveu said:

NYG are in no position to NEED to jettison his contract.  They're a bad team with a ton of holes and no QB.  May as well just play it out with him.  

I don't think they'll get much in the way of interest either.  Maybe someone like the dolphins will do a late pick swap or something?  But thats a brutal cap hit for an injury prone mediocre running back. 

No, the Giants don't have to, it's probable that the new GM + Daboll want to.  And they realize Barclay probably isn't something most teams want.  The FO might be looking at a way to retool that doesn't anger the fan base too much.  

I don't want the Bills to take on Barclay.  But as new trading partners it might be convenient if both sides traded potential future problems.  Say the Bills gave Singletary + Beas + Mongo +5th for Barclay + Toney.  Now we're talking.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I started a thread on this a month ago and proposed sending Moss and a pick so the pick wouldn't have to be as high.  We have some players that I believe Giants could have interest in like Moss or Singletary, for obvious reasons where one of them can be looked on as a guy who can come over and compete to start in his place.  Or even Cole Beasley, also on a one year deal so he is off the books next year but gives them a value piece to help Daniel Jones (or whoever starts this year) in Dabolls system that can be an underneath safety blanket and 3rd down ace who knows the system already.

And if we trade Cole, then the salaries almost wash each other out too, so makes it easier to take on Barkleys salary this year.  Or of course Beane could try and work a new deal ahead of the trade, a short term one thats good for Barkley to try and reset his market in a better situation and gives us a talent at a price we can afford as Josh's deal starts to kick in next year.  

I thought then, and still do now, that Barkely to the Bills is a realistic scenario.  

So who replaces Beasley? Think about what you are proposing; giving up Moss so,now you only have 2 backs( Singletary and Barkley) and no slot receiver, because McKenzie is a DA and you are dumping Beasley. 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

So... you really think the Giants are going to GIVE picks for Saquon Barkley?

The #2 overall pick, who ran for over 1,000 yards his first two years... is going to be traded for NEGATIVE PICKS because he was injured the last two years and has an "Albatross" contract of $7.2M?

If you don't like the guy, fine... but what you're proposing is ridiculous.

He's getting paid $1M less than Kenyan Drake and $1M more than Chris Carson. It's not a huge contract.

No - I expect the Giants will retain Barkley and use the Tag if bounces back and let him walk if he doesn’t.

For a RB - it is a big contract and it will most definitely have an impact on their ability to trade him.  Barkley in 13 games before getting injured again was averaging 3.7 YPC.  The 2 guys you mentioned were both over 4 YPC in limited snaps.  The Seahawks have an out with Carson - I think they move on and replace him with a cheaper player.  The cost and the value do not line up.

Barkley in more carries was basically Zack Moss last year - I am not giving up picks and paying over 7 million for that level of production.  If he is a FA - give him a 1 year 3 - 3.5 million contract to prove it, but not the 8th highest current contract for a RB in 2022.  

You keep saying the contract is not that much - let’s put it in a different perspective.  His Salary is the same as the contract everyone is complaining about with Edmunds.  He is the 8th highest paid ILB and he has only missed limited snaps not multiple years.

The one position on the offense that I do not want to commit top 10 money to is the RB position.  His salary is 8th, his Yards per Carry is 40th - they do not line up.  You want guys like Devin Singletary or Patterson or even AJ Dillion or a slew of NE RBs that averaged over 4 YPC and top 20 for YPC and their pay is 20-40.  They are overplaying the contract.  

My opinion, but yeah his contract will limit any return available and works like an albatross.  It is to much for what he has done in the last few years.

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

For 7 million and expiring contract. I’m not sending anything. Nobody knows if he’s still a homerun hitter and the injuries are just constant 

I thought it was silly when they drafted him where they did. I don’t want to pay him now that he’s all dinged up. If he didn’t cost a single draft pick I’d have reservations about the salary. But I would kick the tires. You can get good RB’s in all rounds. 

If my son were the best athlete capable of a high level college program and possibly a professional career, I’d lead him towards WR if possible. Twenty years ago that was different, but times change. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

A 6th because I would want him as a one year rental only. 

I would make the trade knowing I was going to let him walk after this season, no matter how well he does. 

Zero interest in giving a RB, any RB, a big contract.

I guess it would be a nice swing for the fence kind of move IF we go over his physical with a fine toothed comb….

But, It makes me nervous as he could get injured any second.

Honestly, as exciting as that would be, it makes me too nervous.

we could get a helluva WR for under 6 - particularly, on a one year deal methinks.

I would sign someone with zero injury history…. Though I recognize we still need to upgrade the RB position. What ever happened to getting a nice back that could back up Singletary and compete with Moss in around the fifth round? Or even an UDFA? Are those days over? Over, because there are 32 teams now and kids don’t want to be RBs anymore? I think the latter part of that sentence could be the culprit. But what position could potential RBs switch to? I think most couldn’t switch to any other position. Especially short RBs. A Marcus Allen could play defense like safety or LB….even CB…but there’s not a lot of Marcus Allens running around…

So, why can’t we get a good RB without using big assets? I don’t even want to use a fourth rounder! I want a good one for a fifth or less! Give me a Fred Jackson or give me death! Man! Fast Freddy is way, way up there on my favorite Bills of all-time list. I miss Riddick and Hooks too…. Get us a Roland Hooks, McBeane! A UDFA that runs like Hooks! You can do it!

Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I guess it would be a nice swing for the fence kind of move IF we go over his physical with a fine toothed comb….

But, It makes me nervous as he could get injured any second.

Honestly, as exciting as that would be, it makes me too nervous.

we could get a helluva WR for under 6 - particularly, on a one year deal methinks.

I would sign someone with zero injury history…. Though I recognize we still need to upgrade the RB position. What ever happened to getting a nice back that could back up Singletary and compete with Moss in around the fifth round? Or even an UDFA? Are those days over? Over, because there are 32 teams now and kids don’t want to be RBs anymore? I think the latter part of that sentence could be the culprit. But what position could potential RBs switch to? I think most couldn’t switch to any other position. Especially short RBs. A Marcus Allen could play defense like safety or LB….even CB…but there’s not a lot of Marcus Allens running around…

So, why can’t we get a good RB without using big assets? I don’t even want to use a fourth rounder! I want a good one for a fifth or less! Give me a Fred Jackson or give me death! Man! Fast Freddy is way, way up there on my favorite Bills of all-time list. I miss Riddick and Hooks too…. Get us a Roland Hooks, McBeane! A UDFA that runs like Hooks! You can do it!

Go Bills!

FYI….. Thinking about Hooks it got me wondering how we got him….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Hooks

It turned out to be very interesting to me….btw….we got him in the 10th round so…..c’mon Beane you can do it!

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why? 

We are a better team and offense when Josh has the ball in his hands and we have decent enough backs. The blocking was the issue with the run game.

Exactly.

And the much maligned Bills RB's averaged 4.3 yards per carry last season.

Barkley averaged an ANEMIC 3.7 yards per carry last season.

It would be an utterly stupid trade to take on Barkley and that absurd contract............and since it's guaranteed Barkley has no motivation to adjust the deal.

It would take the Giants giving the Bills Barkley AND their second round pick to take him off their hands at $7M, IMO................it's a broken player with a bad contract that plays a devalued position.

Makes no sense to trade for Barkley..........just big-name jibber-jabber.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

A 6th because I would want him as a one year rental only. 

I would make the trade knowing I was going to let him walk after this season, no matter how well he does. 

Zero interest in giving a RB, any RB, a big contract.

It's nice when one of the first posts is the best post. So say he does go off, we just don't have top end money to allocate to that position. Even if we did, his injury history would make me permanently hesitant. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sixth or lower, he has issues, 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why? 

We are a better team and offense when Josh has the ball in his hands and we have decent enough backs. The blocking was the issue with the run game.

This, ^^^ 

the O-line run blocking was miserable for a big chunk of the season, it still needs to be addressed. Hopefully with our new again O-line coach and a little new blood we will be noticeably better run blocking offense when it’s needed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.