What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?

Rigotz

What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. What is the HIGHEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley? ($7.2M, 1yr)

• 1st round
    • 2nd round
    • 3rd round
    • 4th round
    • 5th round
    • 6th round
    • 7th round
    • None, we can get a better running back for $7.2M

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

With his injuries and salary a day 3 pick and send em Star. 

Yeah - 7.2 million dollars is a lot for any running back, let alone one who hasn't been particularly good since his rookie year.  Trading Star saves Buffalo a little bit more than cutting him would because of the 2022 salary guarantee and helps it fit.  

And he's probably not signing an extension either so its a 1 yr 7.2 mil deal that to me doesn't put buffalo any closer to getting over the hump.  

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Hmmm, not sure I would trade for him at all. Would have to know more in depth about his health but as of now I would not risk it

Just to add, I will say though that if knowing all there is to know about his health and if Bills (or me in this case as pretend GM) feel satisfied enough to the point he's good to go and confident in his availability.....in such a scenario I would offer a 5th with possible negotiation of a 4th at very best. Also would have to be willing to re-work contract.

Wouldn't want to be paying quite that much as it's listed here.

31 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

In this offense?

Comeback Player of the Year potential.

He has been playing with a bottom 3 OL last 2 years.  Absolute dog sh-t.

Has the entire skillset and knows he has yet to prove out.

He is a "process" player....peak condition,professional, smart, driven.

Whatever the cost, he will be worth it.

You were doing so well….until the last sentence. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

None. They can't afford to pay money on the RB position.  Singletary, Moss, and a rookie are fine. 

Keep addressing the lines and spend your dollars blocking. 

And catching.

Preferably a burner. 

21 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

With his injuries and salary a day 3 pick and send em Star. 

howie mandel dancing GIF by Deal Or No Deal

57 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Joe Shoen remarked at the combine today that he's open to anything when it comes to Saquon Barkley.

The Bills certainly have the Beane-Shoen connection going for them.

What would you trade?

I'm a big Singletary guy. I feel like when he's on the bell cow role he does very well. If the line improves he will be even better.

For the sake of this post if we were pushed into needing a RB I would go no higher than a 6th and Moss. Giants could use him being familiar with Daboll's offense and a cheap rookie contract while they work out their cap issues. 

Would rather just sign Marlon Mack and have him back up Motor and mix in a rookie. I'm done with seeing Moss.

1 hour ago, Process said:

A 6th because I would want him as a one year rental only. 

I would make the trade knowing I was going to let him walk after this season, no matter how well he does. 

Zero interest in giving a RB, any RB, a big contract.

its got to at least be the comp pick you get a year later when he walks then 

19 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

For 7 million and expiring contract. I’m not sending anything. Nobody knows if he’s still a homerun hitter and the injuries are just constant 

expiring contracts are friendly in creating comp picks to offset trade cost. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Joe Shoen remarked at the combine today that he's open to anything when it comes to Saquon Barkley.

The Bills certainly have the Beane-Shoen connection going for them.

What would you trade?

If the Giants restructure and get the cap hit down to 3-3.5 million - maybe I look, but I would not give up anything to get a back with that injury history and a 7 million CAP hit.

You can sign or keep 50+ other RBs at a fraction of the cost and get similar or better production.

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

its got to at least be the comp pick you get a year later when he walks then 

expiring contracts are friendly in creating comp picks to offset trade cost. 

You can’t really count on comp picks for someone like that. He can just as easily flame out and get hurt again which means nobody signs him to any real kind of deal and then no comp pick. 

51 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

You must not have looked at the poll... or looked at Spotrac.

$7.2M for one season. That's not an "albatross" and it isn't comparable to Brock Osweiler at all.

7.2 million makes him a top 10 salary for RB for AAV.  

For a guy injured each of the last few seasons - that is an Albatross of a contract.

If the Giants thought he was going to “bounce” back - why trade him - keep him and use Tags if he does perform and let him walk if he doesn’t.  At least the Giants have CAP space.

If they are done with him - then I do not want him at that salary anyplace near my team.

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

7.2 million makes him a top 10 salary for RB for AAV.  

For a guy injured each of the last few seasons - that is an Albatross of a contract.

If the Giants thought he was going to “bounce” back - why trade him - keep him and use Tags if he does perform and let him walk if he doesn’t.  At least the Giants have CAP space.

If they are done with him - then I do not want him at that salary anyplace near my team.

So... you really think the Giants are going to GIVE picks for Saquon Barkley?

The #2 overall pick, who ran for over 1,000 yards his first two years... is going to be traded for NEGATIVE PICKS because he was injured the last two years and has an "Albatross" contract of $7.2M?

If you don't like the guy, fine... but what you're proposing is ridiculous.

He's getting paid $1M less than Kenyan Drake and $1M more than Chris Carson. It's not a huge contract.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

You must not have looked at the poll... or looked at Spotrac.

$7.2M for one season. That's not an "albatross" and it isn't comparable to Brock Osweiler at all.

It is an albatross when you couple 5X what we're currently paying our RB's plus a significant injury history, plus the fact that running back is the most fungible easily replaceable position in the game.  

My point when comparing to Brock Osweiler is that you don't give up assets to trade for this guy.  In many instances, the team that's looking to trade shouldn't be looking for much in return.  

But please, keep playing amateur offseason GM and flame away at people who don't agree with the thought of overpaying for the RB position (see McCoy, LeSean for recent examples)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.