What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?

Rigotz

What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. What is the HIGHEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley? ($7.2M, 1yr)

• 1st round
    • 2nd round
    • 3rd round
    • 4th round
    • 5th round
    • 6th round
    • 7th round
    • None, we can get a better running back for $7.2M

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I don’t care what dr examines him, there is not one infallible orthopedist in the world who can predict the future , the affect on the other knee, and can guarantee it won’t tear again or that he regains his power, speed , confidence.   See OBJ   ! It’s a gamble n a guy who has a rough health history in the NFL.  Willis mcgahee was another wasted pride pick by Donahue in addition. Get a back from a PS , free agents , street FA try outs , and see what happens in Zacs 3 rd year where there is precedent ( see motor) for it finally clicking. It’s like taking on mccaffery , he can’t finish 16 , let alone 17 games plus playoffs , so why take on someone’s JJ WATT?   Guys with injury histories are huge risks.

Rb is a young man’s position , shore up that o line , quit running blocking schemes we are poor at , keep bringing in young talent. If we can do that on DL and not hesitate because we missed , rb is no different and just as valuable. We need talent at bargain base prices now , not throw millions and have a guy play 8 or less games. Scouts need to look for durability and some minor upgrade in speed and a guy who can get yac with screens. 

It's definitely a risk. 

But some guys are worth it. How much does Derrick Henry help the Titans? 

You'll never get that with a street FA. 

• Vomit 1

20 hours ago, Malazan said:

He's too expensive. He'd be somebody I'd basically be hoping was healthy come playoff time because he's not gonna make it a full season. Given his salary and the Bills cap situation, I'm not giving up much of an asset, if any. 

Another Sammy watkins type

18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

in 13 games last year he averaged 65 total yards per game. This is replacement level RB output. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkSa00/gamelog/2021/

Devin Singletary averaged 64 yards per game

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00/gamelog/2021/

Where is the upgrade? 

Stop stat watching and instead watch the players.

Barkley is elite. Devin is barely a starter

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Barkley is was elite. Devin is barely a starter

Fixed!

Barkley in 2021, 13 games 162 rushes, 593 yards, averaged 3.7 yards per carry. Stop remembering the guy we saw in 2018-2019. 

BTW, his teammate Booker had a 4.1 YPC AVG last season. While Barkley was 38th in yards. Motor was 16th... on a pass first team with a 4.6 YPC AVG. 

Talk about watching something...go back and watch the last few games of the Buffalo Bills last season when the OC actually started using the RB's to... you know, run the ball. Against Atlanta, 23 rushes for 110 yards, 2 rush TDs. 

• Like (+1) 2

The OP didn't have my choice - Do not pay any RB $7M.    I think you wait it out and get one of the disgruntled, angry, passed over vets, with something to prove.  Get one on a reduced one year deal.  We don't know who that is yet.  

IMO, this $7M we speak of for offensive improvement should be spent with a different allocation.  An OL improvement should be in there.  Then I'd like another TE, Gronk seems to be the best case scenario for that.  Then there is the Beas situation, either renegotiate or get another slot. 

Plus draft picks can be used for grooming for the future positions in WR, OL, TE, and RB.

31 minutes ago, DJB said:

Barkley is elite. Devin is barely a starter

He was elite in 2018........the first year of his contract.

He was Devin Singletary 2021 level in 2019.

He's been garbage in 2020-2021.

So year 5 of his contract he's returning to 2018 level of play?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Fixed!

Barkley in 2021, 13 games 162 rushes, 593 yards, averaged 3.7 yards per carry. Stop remembering the guy we saw in 2018-2019. 

BTW, his teammate Booker had a 4.1 YPC AVG last season. While Barkley was 38th in yards. Motor was 16th... on a pass first team with a 4.6 YPC AVG. 

Talk about watching something...go back and watch the last few games of the Buffalo Bills last season when the OC actually started using the RB's to... you know, run the ball. Against Atlanta, 23 rushes for 110 yards, 2 rush TDs. 

Ill give you that he is not as explosive as he once was but the dude is still a stud. 

22 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

In this offense?

Comeback Player of the Year potential.

He has been playing with a bottom 3 OL last 2 years.  Absolute dog sh-t.

Has the entire skillset and knows he has yet to prove out.

He is a "process" player....peak condition,professional, smart, driven.

Whatever the cost turns out to be [within reason] , he will be worth it.

And you think Barkley is gonna perform significantly better under THIS offensive line?

I voted no trade, primarily because I see a Marcel Dareus situation if you want him to be the RB.  You'll get one great year out of him to get that contract and then the production will fall precipitously.  

Besides the major injury concerns, I think those injuries have mentally got to him, which is 100% understandable.  If you pay him, you pay him as a receiver from the backfield with a lot less RB runs.   

22 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

In this offense?

Comeback Player of the Year potential.

He has been playing with a bottom 3 OL last 2 years.  Absolute dog sh-t.

Has the entire skillset and knows he has yet to prove out.

He is a "process" player....peak condition,professional, smart, driven.

Whatever the cost turns out to be [within reason] , he will be worth it.

Absolutely, Bark would be lethal with the Bills. I would give up a 3rd and Singletary for him any day. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

in 13 games last year he averaged 65 total yards per game. This is replacement level RB output. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkSa00/gamelog/2021/

Devin Singletary averaged 64 yards per game

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00/gamelog/2021/

Where is the upgrade? 

We have a better o-line, and a substantially better passing game and QB that defenses have to respect. Run yards should be easy to come by in our offense given the level of attention our passing offense gets. An explosive RB like Barkley adds a new dynamic and IMO takes our offense to another level.

5 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Correct.  If you gave up a 3rd to get him you might get a 3rd round compensatory pick back if he played well this year and signed a large contract elsewhere.  

And even if he’s just good, he will almost certainly get a qualifying contract to help our equation. 

send a 4 and get a 5-6 back after isn’t terrible. 

trading for expiring contracts isn’t a terrible way to stock the shelves short term.

the board loves avoiding compensation but Signing a guy that counts against the calculation is not that different despite the board generally viewing it as much better

Edited by NoSaint

3d or 4th rd pick is fine.

Also i have no idea where people continually say giving a RB big money is an issue.

Just do it smartly, don't go long term. High money, short term is absolutely fine.

The top 10 paid RBs are all worth it, outside of Zeke. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/running-back/

5 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Correct.  If you gave up a 3rd to get him you might get a 3rd round compensatory pick back if he played well this year and signed a large contract elsewhere.  

ive never seen a fan base worry as much about comp picks as this one does. 

Sign good players, get good players, released bad players, comp picks be damned.

Id give up Bills receiving  comp picks for eternity if it meant the bills win a superbowl 

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Using revisionist history, Steve Young didn’t produce much in Tampa Bay 🤔

Oh please, your going to pull out the example of a hall of fame QB 30 years ago?

Plenty of high draft picks don't live up to the hype. For 7.2 million, a RB had better be a game changer. Someone you try to stop on every down and he still gets his yards and TDs. Barkley hasn't been that player since his rookie year. He had 7 100 yards games in 2018 and 5 since then. 

Yes hes on a bad team, but he hasn't done nearly enough to be a game changing back. If we were getting the 2018 version, sure sign me up, but this is 2022 and for 7.2 million on a team already against the cap this makes no sense

24 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

3d or 4th rd pick is fine.

Also i have no idea where people continually say giving a RB big money is an issue.

Just do it smartly, don't go long term. High money, short term is absolutely fine.

The top 10 paid RBs are all worth it, outside of Zeke. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/running-back/

ive never seen a fan base worry as much about comp picks as this one does. 

Sign good players, get good players, released bad players, comp picks be damned.

Id give up Bills receiving  comp picks for eternity if it meant the bills win a superbowl 

I would totally disagree with this.

6 of the 10 top paid RBs we’re on teams that missed the playoffs.  So they certainly didn’t make their teams significantly better.  Also multiple players in that Top 10 are not even their teams best backs by the end of the season.  I would argue Dillion supplanted Jones, Hines in Indy is definitely not the starter, Elliot was outplayed in Dallas - making those guys not worth the money.

Several of those top backs also missed significant playing time on the season - even the “Elite” RBs like Henry or Jones on teams that made the playoffs - the teams saw little drop off when their overpriced RBs went down and the low cost back-ups came in.

A guy like Henry went out in week 8 and after that the Titans had 2 200 yard rushing days and a 198 yard day with no names.  The team averaged 147 with Henry and 144 without Henry.  He is an Elite back, but what it tells me is the O-line is key to them.

Another guy on the list - Aaron Jones was basically moved down to back-up when a cheaper AJ Dillion started to out play him.  

The guys on the list are great and deserve to be paid, but I am not sure any of them are worth the contract.  

The Super Bowl was won by the combined running of a cast off Sony Michel and Henderson.  Last year a low cost, cut Fournette was the SB RB.  The year before in KC - the main RB in the SB another no name player - Williams as guys like McCoy got hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.