What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?

Rigotz

What is the BEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. What is the HIGHEST pick you would trade for Saquon Barkley? ($7.2M, 1yr)

• 1st round
    • 2nd round
    • 3rd round
    • 4th round
    • 5th round
    • 6th round
    • 7th round
    • None, we can get a better running back for $7.2M

A 6th because I would want him as a one year rental only. 

I would make the trade knowing I was going to let him walk after this season, no matter how well he does. 

Zero interest in giving a RB, any RB, a big contract.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 9

I started a thread on this a month ago and proposed sending Moss and a pick so the pick wouldn't have to be as high.  We have some players that I believe Giants could have interest in like Moss or Singletary, for obvious reasons where one of them can be looked on as a guy who can come over and compete to start in his place.  Or even Cole Beasley, also on a one year deal so he is off the books next year but gives them a value piece to help Daniel Jones (or whoever starts this year) in Dabolls system that can be an underneath safety blanket and 3rd down ace who knows the system already.

And if we trade Cole, then the salaries almost wash each other out too, so makes it easier to take on Barkleys salary this year.  Or of course Beane could try and work a new deal ahead of the trade, a short term one thats good for Barkley to try and reset his market in a better situation and gives us a talent at a price we can afford as Josh's deal starts to kick in next year.  

I thought then, and still do now, that Barkely to the Bills is a realistic scenario.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

A 6th because I would want him as a one year rental only. 

I would make the trade knowing I was going to let him walk after this season, no matter how well he does. 

Zero interest in giving a RB, any RB, a big contract.

I voted for a 5th rounder, but I agree with everything else in your post.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

None. Injuries have robbed him of his speed/quickness. This isn't the guy from Penn St anymore.

A torn ACL isn't somethig guys commonly come back to 100% in their first year back.  Often its not until the next season do they start to regain their full form again. I wouldn't write Barkley off yet.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

In this offense?

Comeback Player of the Year potential.

He has been playing with a bottom 3 OL last 2 years.  Absolute dog sh-t.

Has the entire skillset and knows he has yet to prove out.

He is a "process" player....peak condition,professional, smart, driven.

Whatever the cost turns out to be [within reason] , he will be worth it.

Edited by filthymcnasty08
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A torn ACL isn't somethig guys commonly come back to 100% in their first year back.  Often its not until the next season do they start to regain their full form again. I wouldn't write Barkley off yet.  

Fair point but if I am Beane I am giving a 5th round pick at best. If the Giants say no then move on.

Have to listen to what Beane said at his year end, and again on the E Wood Podcast.  He isnt interested in giving up valuable resources for players on short term deals.   You cant give up more than a 5th for a guy who on a one year deal who has played less than 60% of his games the last three years.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

In this offense?

Comeback Player of the Year potential.

He has been playing with a bottom 3 OL last 2 years.  Absolute dog sh-t.

Has the entire skillset and knows he has yet to prove out.

He is a "process" player....peak condition,professional, smart, driven.

Whatever the cost, he will be worth it.

I agree.  Not on board with whatever the cost though.   Would go as high as a 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Fair point but if I am Beane I am giving a 5th round pick at best. If the Giants say no then move on.

I dont disagree to limit your risk exposure.  I think Moss and a 5th...or if they have cap concerns, do Beasley and a 5th because then the contracts almost cancel each other out in terms of the cap hit.  

I see this as like the Brock Osweiler pick from a few years ago where the Texans actually GAVE the Browns a pick to get them to take the player and the big bloated contract.  I know that's oversimplifying what happened with that trade, but I'm not giving up assets to take on that albatross

It all depends on what the team doctors say. They would know best here. 

If they feel he can get back to All-World status, then you take a chance on getting a HOF level talent at RB, especially where that's an area that is holding the team back. 

As for the $7.2M, if he's healthy then he's worth every penny. He's the Thurman we've been looking for. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I see this as like the Brock Osweiler pick from a few years ago where the Texans actually GAVE the Browns a pick to get them to take the player and the big bloated contract.  I know that's oversimplifying what happened with that trade, but I'm not giving up assets to take on that albatross

You must not have looked at the poll... or looked at Spotrac.

$7.2M for one season. That's not an "albatross" and it isn't comparable to Brock Osweiler at all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.