Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

8 hours ago, ALF said:

If his 5th year option is exercised for the 2023 season he would make $29.7M and set for life and then go play Baseball. No way he makes that kind of money or the contract he wants out of football.

Murray hit . 296 with 10 home runs, 47 RBIs and stole 10 bases in 2018 at Oklahoma, playing center field. The A's selected him No. 9 overall in the 2018 MLB draft.

I think Murray has proven himself to be a "diva" QB. He also loves to throw other people under the bus while deflecting blame from himself. I noticed it two years ago watching him in a couple of post game interviews. You also have the report that came out from Larry Fitzgerald's father. There is too much "smoke" around this little hobbit for there to not be fire. Greed and arrogance (the arrogance of placing yourself on a higher pedestal that you actually are) are terrible things. He seems as if he may be ate up with both of them. He's already going to make more $$$ than he likely would have in a baseball career and he's really done nothing outside of the "Hail Murray" to place himself in the upper echelon QB conversation. Is he a top 15 starting QB? Sure, but the Cardinals have the right to wait on giving him $100M+ guaranteed to see how he does this year, and maybe even into his 5th year option. If he chooses not to play, that just proves the reason why they waited. 

• Agree 4

16 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Kyler Murray single handedly defeated the Buffalo Bills two years ago with :05 seconds left in a regular season game. He deserves a monster contract. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'd punk his a$$. Tell him, were trading you straight up for Baker Mayfield and send him to the Browns. At least Baker wants to play.

I would throw in a bag of footballs to send to Cleveland along with Mayfield.  Just to really add insult to injury. 😁

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah. :lol:

It takes a lot more repetition and skill to play major league baseball than it does to play in the NFL............there is little chance he could go back to baseball and get to the majors that quick.

Look at all the foreigners who just start playing football and a year or two later they are playing big time NCAA football.........it's become commonplace.......that's not even a remote possibility in baseball. 

I really doubt Oakland would even give him that bonus money back after he's gotten his sh*t turnt inside out playing NFL football for a few season...........and his bonus is important because minor leaguers make like $15,000 per year in actual salary.     

And if he ever did make it to MLB then he would have to wait 6 years to reach free agency.   :lol:  

And since MLB has a MUCH stricter PED policy........most players careers are ending in their early 30's..........which is about where he would be going into free agency in like 2030.

Kyler Murray going back to baseball is a pretty absurd notion, IMO.

Have there been many foreigners who started playing football and in 2 years were starting QBs on a big time NCAA football team ? I don’t follow college football but that seems unlikely 

3 hours ago, julian said:

Have there been many foreigners who started playing football and in 2 years were starting QBs on a big time NCAA football team ? I don’t follow college football but that seems unlikely 

No, QB is an exception and offensive skill positions are tougher to develop at.   It's mostly lineman and defensive players.   But there are A LOT of them.   The list of "just picked it up and now I'm an MLB player" is NOBODY.   You can't outmuscle anyone in baseball and you can't steal first base so athleticism takes a very far backseat behind refined skill.

But to that point..........it's not that uncommon at all for players to fail at pro baseball and jump right back into QB'ing and get on an NFL roster in a very short period of time........Drew Henson, Josh Booty, Chad Hutchinson, Brandon Weeden just to name a few..........the list of big talented QB's who found out they couldn't hit professional pitching or get pro baseball players out despite seeming like can't miss MLB prospects is long.    Henson and Booty were the top HS baseball players in the nation.  

Baseball drafting makes the NFL draft look like an exact science which is why Kyler being drafted #9 overall in MLB means very little.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.