Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm convinced both he and his agent are dunces. He's not doing anything to prove he's mentally capable of being a leader.

I think I'd stay away from Oklahoma QBs.  There appears to be a sense of entitlement.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm convinced both he and his agent are dunces. He's not doing anything to prove he's mentally capable of being a leader.

It’s not just leadership, Its also how he melted down at the end of this past season, followed up by extraordinary immaturity, how can a team want to reward that sort of performance? Me, if I’m a multi billionaire owner, I bench him for the duration of his contract, and then give every other player on the team a $100,000.00 bonus, saying it’s for showing great maturity during a stressful season, but that’s just me I guess, 😁

The problem is, there are not a lot of QBs out there that will get you to the next level. I'm not sure Murray is, but he wants paid like he is. Unfortunately, there's not really anyone else who they can bring in and call it an upgrade. I'm so glad the Bills are removed from QB purgatory. 

10 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

As I said before.  He will be playing MLB inside 2 years.  Dude is not mentally strong enough to be a qb in NFL

I was confused for a second why he would be playing Middle Line Backer and then my brain started working. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Feel bad for Baker, he was disrespected!

I agree Cleveland has been unfair to him, but he's not doing himself any favors by talking the way he's talking.  He's not coming across as anything but a "me" guy.  Not someone you want to lead your team.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I agree Cleveland has been unfair to him, but he's not doing himself any favors by talking the way he's talking.  He's not coming across as anything but a "me" guy.  Not someone you want to lead your team.

All you hear today in all sports, players are disrespected!  Poor babies!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My thing is, if he were confident in his abilities, contract wise, he'd buy himself more $$ by going out and balling this year.

So this strong arm attempt just tells me it's an exit scam. He doesn't seem to like football, his baseball thing is no secret, and he doesn't believe in himself. He's not a leader. He's selfish. Throws people under the bus.

If I'm a Cards fan I'd say thank GOD, bc even If he goes out and gives an average performance this year, he's still getting a healthy deal.

It just tells me he wants out, and he's in a hurry to do it. Never liked his attitude. Hope ARZ sticks it to him and let's him sit.

Anybody know, if he holds out is he contractually able to play baseball? Even if ARZ isnt paying him?

Edited by BillsShredder83

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

As I said before.  He will be playing MLB inside 2 years.  Dude is not mentally strong enough to be a qb in NFL

Nah. :lol:

It takes a lot more repetition and skill to play major league baseball than it does to play in the NFL............there is little chance he could go back to baseball and get to the majors that quick.

Look at all the foreigners who just start playing football and a year or two later they are playing big time NCAA football.........it's become commonplace.......that's not even a remote possibility in baseball. 

I really doubt Oakland would even give him that bonus money back after he's gotten his sh*t turnt inside out playing NFL football for a few season...........and his bonus is important because minor leaguers make like $15,000 per year in actual salary.     

And if he ever did make it to MLB then he would have to wait 6 years to reach free agency.   :lol:  

And since MLB has a MUCH stricter PED policy........most players careers are ending in their early 30's..........which is about where he would be going into free agency in like 2030.

Kyler Murray going back to baseball is a pretty absurd notion, IMO.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Probably why his team imploded down the stretch during the regular season and looked like one of the worst teams in football in the playoffs.

If his 5th year option is exercised for the 2023 season he would make $29.7M and set for life and then go play Baseball. No way he makes that kind of money or the contract he wants out of football.

Murray hit . 296 with 10 home runs, 47 RBIs and stole 10 bases in 2018 at Oklahoma, playing center field. The A's selected him No. 9 overall in the 2018 MLB draft.

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.