Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

53 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

In a normal business you would just remind him he’s under contract and if that’s a problem, he can stop being paid.    The entitlement of this little ***** is insane.

They can do that when he's under contract? Well I guess they could if he decided to hold out and not play or something because in that case he would not be honoring the contract if he doesn't play? Not sure how all that stuff can work out. 

But yeah he definitely went about this the wrong way and gives him a bad look. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Then a qb hungry team signs him for 40 million plus with one less year of wear and tear.  You’d essentially help him.

So, 

Then the little loser is someone else’s problem, and can have his hissy fits for them, it doesn’t matter cause I’m the multi billionaire in this scenario, 

Edited by Don Otreply

17 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

What a fool, after that playoff game he should be happy he has a job.

I guess he sees the writing on the wall after the playoff game, better get paid now.

This is my theory as well- he is exciting to watch but this team is not getting any more talent around him so get paid while he can. 

22 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Would you mind identifying the QBs in the 3 drafts before him that got extensions after 3 years?

Thank you.

Difference was the teams reached out and embraced the opportunity to extend   He’s a whiney self indulgent immature little prick who wants it now. 

Well excuse me, Veruca Salt,  daddy’s not paying you until you actually prove something of value to the organization.  

let him be somebody else’s little problem. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Freak-O said:

If I were the Cardinals I would try to get as many picks as I could for him. He’s a good talent and a big name, but he’s no one I’d build a team around. 

Who's trading for him and his $40M/year demands?

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who's trading for him and his $40M/year demands?

Likely no-one,

Now Larry Fitzgerald's father has weighed in with his opinion on Murray. One has to wonder if he had any input from his son or saw things on his own that brought this about? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/02/larry-fitzgeralds-father-calls-kyler-murray-spoiled/

“He’s spoiled,” Fitzgerald Sr. wrote, “brings his Oklahoma offense to the NFL team has to catch up great talent. He’s never been humbled keep working.”

Edited by H2o
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, corta765 said:

I thought the same thing. The decision to me felt intentional for as much attention as possible. To me some guys just want to win and some want to be a star. If you want to be a star doesn't mean you do not want to win, but actions seem to regularly occur with guys like that which aren't necessarily win first. I think Russell Wilson is actually closer to this also but he at least has won a bunch.

I've also heard a opinion on Murray that he was drafted 8th over all by the A's in the MLB draft & he may want the big $$ from the NFL incurs he later decides he no longer wants to play football then go to MLB .

If for nothing else he unlike other players in the NFL has that leverage that the others do not if he intact doesn't get what he wants from the Cards .

I'm not real sure how good of a team mate he is due to his antics when he was going into the draft he always seemed to be the "It's all about me" type of player i just never much cared for him because of that - not that he's not a great athlete but just the way he handled that time prior to his coming into the NFL .

Edited by T master

16 hours ago, Freak-O said:

If I were the Cardinals I would try to get as many picks as I could for him. He’s a good talent and a big name, but he’s no one I’d build a team around. 

Here's why that's tough to do:  If they trade him they don't have a QB.  If they have to start a rookie or a Tyrod type, they are going to be bad in 2022 & Kingsbury is going to be fired.  So if Kingsbury has any say, out of self preservation, he's going to lobby to keep Murray.  If things go really bad, Keim might be joining Kingsbury out the door.  Most in management aren't going to do what's in the long term interests of the team if it will cost them their jobs & they won't be there to enjoy the benefits of all those picks they traded for.  

On 3/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, T master said:

I've also heard a opinion on Murray that he was drafted 8th over all by the A's in the MLB draft & he may want the big $$ from the NFL incurs he later decides he no longer wants to play football then go to MLB .

If for nothing else he unlike other players in the NFL has that leverage that the others do not if he intact doesn't get what he wants from the Cards .

I'm not real sure how good of a team mate he is due to his antics when he was going into the draft he always seemed to be the "It's all about me" type of player i just never much cared for him because of that - not that he's not a great athlete but just the way he handled that time prior to his coming into the NFL .

Yea its a really bad predicament for the Cards. The Cards have historically been a cheap and crappy franchise although since Bidwells son has taken over they seem to have shed that a bit, but I do wonder if that has any impact. The tough thing for the Cards is QB is the biggest need and elevator for success. Murray despite his warts is still a great talent who is your best option outside of Allen, Mahomes, etc... If you move off him your almost certainly not upgrading or even in talent so its a downgrade. But his antics do not make it easy to want to go 45 mil a year contract wise. I do not envy them

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Here's why that's tough to do:  If they trade him they don't have a QB.  If they have to start a rookie or a Tyrod type, they are going to be bad in 2022 & Kingsbury is going to be fired.  So if Kingsbury has any say, out of self preservation, he's going to lobby to keep Murray.  If things go really bad, Keim might be joining Kingsbury out the door.  Most in management aren't going to do what's in the long term interests of the team if it will cost them their jobs & they won't be there to enjoy the benefits of all those picks they traded for.  

I think both Keim & Kingsbury just signed 5 year extensions, reported this morning GMFB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.