Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

How many QBs that have accomplished nothing got a long term top dollar contract after their third year?

The top QBs in each of the 3 drafts before him got big $ extentions after 3 years.  Kyler is the best QB of 2019 and just wants the trend to continue.  I'm sure after next season Burrow & Herbert will get extensions.  Kyler's problem is he's the best of a bad QB class but still wants to be treated as the other bests in class have been.  I can understand his view even if I don't necessarily think he deserves to be treated like Goff, Wentz (two disasters), Mahomes, Watson & Josh.   

I don't think he's being an egomaniac any more than any other QB whose team improved after he got there.  

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Should have just played baseball. Maybe they should have drafted Nick Bosa and Deebo Samuel and stuck with Rosen. But, Kingsbury wanted his guy, and it may bury the regime. 

Nobody who has seen Rosen play in the NFL can justify any team sticking with Rosen.  Arizona did one right thing with Rosen-they dumped him before his value went down to nothing and got some picks back, better than most teams have done with their 1st round QB busts.  I'll always give Keim credit for seeing the mistake he made in trading up & drafting Rosen after 1 season.  Most GMs wouldn't have the guts to admit a QB mistake after 1 year.  

Edit:  Teams should always be willing to upgrade the QB if they like another QB in the draft.  Look at the 2 NY/NJ teams: The Jets saw enough of Darnold to dump him after 3 seasons-it turned out to be a good move even if Zach Wilson doesn't pan out.  I read a story a few months ago that the Giants loved Herbert, but because they drafted Jones the prior draft they passed on Herbert.  I think if they knew then what they know now, Herbert would have been a Giant-no guts, no glory. 

I still remember some around here who wanted to keep Tyrod rather than trade a whole bunch of picks. players for Josh.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Pretty lofty demands for a guy who was terrible down the stretch and was horrendous in the one playoff game he's appeared in during his career.

Sure he could end up being a truly elite player in the coming years but I definitely wouldn't cave into his demands if I were the Cardinals and almost smells like another Deshawn Watson situation waiting to happen (minus the sexual assault stuff).

51 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He's not that good and his agent probably knows that. Another year of playing average to poorly and he will be in the Baker Mayfield situation. Arizona will be even more likely to move on from him.  His agent wants the signing bonus and guaranteed money now. Murray has not done enough to warrant an extension yet.  Lamar Jackson is the only guy that should be pissed he hasn't signed a lucrative extension yet. As judging by how bad Baltimore was down the stretch, Jackson is the heart and soul of the Ravens. 

Lamar should fire his agent. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Your move ‘zona.

you got a stud who has made your team better each year he’s played.

now the question is…

…you man enough to pony up and pay him?

Wait a second... Kyler Murray, is that you? Did you hack into a Bills fan account?

Ludicrous.

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wilson's situation is really bizarre.  He and his agent have to know that trading him is salary cap suicide for Seattle. It is nearly impossible. That said I dont think the whole story has ever come out.  My gut tells me Wilson is a two faced diva and a locker room pariah that the coaching staff and front office chose over other players. The SuperBowl loss was the spark but it was brewing before. Go back to the rumor of Golden Tate sleeping with Wilson's ex wife. Guys like Sherman and Thomas and a few others left very unhappy too. There is a story there we just don't know all the details yet. 

Back in the "Legion of Boom" era it was clear that the leaders of the defense did not like Wilson. However, considering what has come to light over the last couple years regarding Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman, maybe Russell wasn't the problem.

• Agree 2

What a tool, If I’m the owner  I have him benched until the little “B”es contract is expired. 

6 hours ago, blacklabel said:

This kid is really something….a putz comes to mind…perhaps schmuck as well. The arrogance is really something. He’s basically trying to say he’s the grand savior of the team and if they wanna continue to allow him to save them then they must pay up. It’s clear some of these kids haven’t realized how unimportant they really are. You play a game, dude. You’re not saving the world. At the end of the day what you do is really not that special. Get over yourself. 

I mean, guys who play the game are paid the big bucks, the QB is the most important player on the team, so yeah, good QB are "that special"

That said, Kyler pretty well melted down in his playoff game, in a worse-than-Allen-vs-Houston way

137 yds passing on 34 attempts, 0 TD, 2 INTs

6 yds rushing

The "Fail Murray" pick-6 was as clueless a play as any I've seen from a QB, ever

And then we get to, if the Cardinals hadn't "melted down" from a hot start to a 2-4 finish including losses to the Lions and Seasnakes....maybe they're not playing the Rams in the Wildcard round

That might not be the best time for your "camp" to start fluffing you up as the long term savior who should get immediate action on the contract your camp proposes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I can’t believe I have to do this.  But okay…

2019 - 64% 3722 yards 87.4 Rating 5 Wins

2020 - 67% 3971 yards 94.3 rating 8 Wins

2021 - 69% 3787 yards 100.6 rating 9 wins

(and playoffs)

*And please let’s not forget that Murray missed 3 games in 2021 due to injury.  He plays 1 out of 3 and he is a 4K Passer easily maybe even 4.5K If he plays them all*

So…all the major numbers have improved, and Arizona as a team has gone from:

3-13(1st overall pick) to 5-10 to 8-8 to 9-5(playoffs) under Murray.

But you “see” regression.

I’m not sure where to go from that.

Thanks for saving me the time of presenting these numbers. 👍

This was on the Cards board

SUBSCRIBER

8 hours ago

Led them to 11 wins... hmm, that's a little misleading. 2 of those 11 wins were with Colt McCoy as the quarterback. I know, it's the agent's job to get him a big contract, but he Murray hasn't yet shown the same dedication to extra work as Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes have. Those two have strong work ethics and their teammates rave about them and they never quit on their team. Both of their playoff performances last season were astounding!

Edited by Baba Booey
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.