Kyler Murray’s PR Statement

Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, simpleman said:

I personally don't see anything wrong with this. Football is a business. Just like the teams, everyone is in it for the money. He believes in himself and wants to get paid "in-line with the current QB market", he wants job security. I would think everyone here would want to be paid in-line with the current market value for their position, and have job security. And would believe in themselves. Football being a business is not one way. Players have the same self interest that the team owners have. A lot of double standard opinions here.

Rogers has him beat by a continent as far as arrogance and narcissism. If he is top 10 talent, he should get top 10 talent compensation. He is one hit away from having a sudden end to his career, just like every other NFL QB. Unless you are a GOAT like Brady, you only have a few short years to build up that nest egg for retirement.

I disagree.  Football is a team sport and a QB is the leader of the team.  Top players also have access to agents, PR people, etc.  There is a way to deal with a contract situation behind the scenes with the team.  Sure, if it ultimately progresses to a holdout situation then it will become public, but until that happens, this type of approach is a very poor one.  If the agent and/or PR people think this is going to sway public opinion in favor of Murray over the Cardinals' management, this is backfiring badly.   I have no problem with him trying to get the largest contract that he can, but this is not the way to do it.  Also, the comparison to Rodgers isn't a good one.  Rodgers has won a Super Bowl, won multiple MVPs (including recent seasons) and has put together a Hall of Fame career.  I agree that he's a huge narcissist and self-absorbed prick, but at least he's backed it up with great success.  Murray has not and isn't even close.

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I have not previously seen this interview.  Absolutely brutal.  The total opposite of a leader.

Put that up against ANY interview with Josh, and ask yourself which guy you prefer. It is NOT a difficult decision! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I saw this and foolishly read it.  I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING as the OP.  I am so thankful that the Bills have a guy like Josh Allen as their QB and not this clown.  The talk is that Murray is frustrated and embarassed by the Cardinals' playoff loss to the Rams, but feels that he's being treated as the scapegoat.  Contrast that with Allen, who takes responsibility for every loss, whether or not he's the reason the team lost.  He's a true class act and a leader, not a pouty punk like Murray. 

On the pure skill side, Allen is the far superior player, and he continues to improve and evolve every year.  Murray, on the other hand, has regressed during his time in the NFL and I believe that he's not going to get any better.  Defenses have figured him out and have developed ways to shut him down.  He's an excellent athlete and will continue to make plays and have some success, but he'll never get over the top.  I'm not sure he ever wins a playoff game.

Allen is humble and teachable and he drives himself to become better each day. He isn't threatened when his deficiencies are pointed out, he looks at it as an opportunity to improve.

Murray is in it all for himself. He is a terrible leader and blames everyone but himself for their failures. He thinks he has arrived as an elite QB and is not open to criticism or growth.

That's the real difference. Allen will continue to improve and Murray will continue to blame others. We'll see how long that last for him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Your move ‘zona.

you got a stud who has made your team better each year he’s played.

now the question is…

…you man enough to pony up and pay him?

They've accomplished basically nothing and Murray continues to regress.

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Wow!  What a self absorbed douche.  Even if those are your thoughts, why would you think that sending this out into the social mediaverse would endear your client to the fans or the team.  

Agents and players often go public after they fail to get what they want privately.  I would bet that’s what happened here. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

None of that is true.  Not statistically, factually or any way you want to categorize it.

He threw for fewer yards and TD's than the previous season. He had 400 rushing yards versus 800 the previous year. 5 rushing TD's versus 12 the previous year. His sack percentage was higher. QBR went down (though QBR is a stupid stat anyway).

He actually had a tremendous start to the season. Those numbers prop up his stats. Starting in week 7 he went downhill. This was reflected in their win-loss record with them only winning 2 games that he started from week 7 on. He missed 3 games due to injury.

Clear regression statistically from the season prior, and a clear regression in 2021 from how he played early to how he played later in the season, all coming to a head with a horrendous performance in the playoffs.

Cardinals have zero playoff wins with Murray. They have one winning season. Murray has accomplished little to warrant holding his team for hostage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Wow!  What a self absorbed douche.  Even if those are your thoughts, why would you think that sending this out into the social mediaverse would endear your client to the fans or the team.  

Put a game tape on of Kyler's playoff loss, it was horrendous.  I think this was a borderline hail Mary or Murray (whatever) to change the narrative from that last game.  It mentioned several times about the team's progress while Murray was here, get fansif not the Cardinal Organization focused on the last three years, just not the last game.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

He threw for fewer yards and TD's than the previous season. He had 400 rushing yards versus 800 the previous year. 5 rushing TD's versus 12 the previous year. His sack percentage was higher. QBR went down (though QBR is a stupid stat anyway).

He actually had a tremendous start to the season. Those numbers prop up his stats. Starting in week 7 he went downhill. This was reflected in their win-loss record with them only winning 2 games that he started from week 7 on. He missed 3 games due to injury.

Clear regression statistically from the season prior, and a clear regression in 2021 from how he played early to how he played later in the season, all coming to a head with a horrendous performance in the playoffs.

Cardinals have zero playoff wins with Murray. They have one winning season. Murray has accomplished little to warrant holding his team for hostage.

I can’t believe I have to do this.  But okay…

2019 - 64% 3722 yards 87.4 Rating 5 Wins

2020 - 67% 3971 yards 94.3 rating 8 Wins

2021 - 69% 3787 yards 100.6 rating 9 wins

(and playoffs)

*And please let’s not forget that Murray missed 3 games in 2021 due to injury.  He plays 1 out of 3 and he is a 4K Passer easily maybe even 4.5K If he plays them all*

So…all the major numbers have improved, and Arizona as a team has gone from:

3-13(1st overall pick) to 5-10 to 8-8 to 9-5(playoffs) under Murray.

But you “see” regression.

I’m not sure where to go from that.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I didn’t like him much to begin with there’s just something about him just rubs me the wrong way , and no Hail Mary had nothing to do with it , ( maybe a little 🤣

anyways F him and the cardinals I was enjoying watching him getting his a$$ whooped in that playoff game against the Rams !

Beware of the drama queen QBs that worry too much about what their hair looks like, e.g., Rodgers, Murray.

I don't like the guy, but don't really see too much of a problem with this.  He's just trying to get his side of the story out there and hopefully take some of the fanbase's heat off him.  I know business is business, but who knows how the Arizona front office operates or if they've jerked him around, broken promises, etc.  Looks like many just view it as a selfish gesture, so it looks like it may have backfired?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.