Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

Just now, LeGOATski said:

That would be great, but I just think you have it backwards. You build a stadium there because of the area. You don't build up the area because of the stadium. The way you describe it is putting the cart before the horse. Buffalo metro has a declining population. It's not a growing entertainment district.

More like building a stable and expecting more horses to arrive.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:58 PM, Codyny13 said:

Agreed, but a facelift, infrastructure repair, and big business don’t hurt in attracting investment and other business. Again, as a visitor to the city, it’s something that would attract me to an area, as I want to stay downtown, rather I find myself going up to Hyrtle or Elmwood, which are great areas, but i like many others,I think, would prefer not to get into a car to go check things out, and especially not to go to the stadium. 

Have you seen our grain elevators?  There's been enough economic studies over the years in various cities to show building a new stadium has little impact on the economic development around it.  Especially an NFL stadium.

• Agree 2

On 3/6/2022 at 3:28 PM, LeGOATski said:

That would be great, but I just think you have it backwards. You build a stadium there because of the area. You don't build up the area because of the stadium. The way you describe it is putting the cart before the horse. Buffalo metro has a declining population. It's not a growing entertainment district.

I understand, and I only speak for myself and how I feel. Downtown Buffalo would be more of a destination and desirable place for myself to visit, and what I personally would like, so I would imagine for some others as well.  It just irks me to let an area just die, we’ve had countless areas, especially in Brooklyn that used to be completely garbage, and now have become almost unattainable to live in. Just hoping to facelift for that area I guess

2 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

I understand, and I only speak for myself and how I feel. Downtown Buffalo would be more of a destination and desirable place for myself to visit, and what I personally would like, so I would imagine for some others as well.  It just irks me to let an area just die, we’ve had countless areas, especially in Brooklyn that used to be completely garbage, and now have become almost unattainable to live in. Just hoping to facelift for that area I guess

It would be great, but you just can't expect a football team to generate that growth. The local government just knows that public loyalty lies with the team and tried to use that loyalty to get more money from the taxpayers.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

I heard April 1st. No fooling. 

It’ll be before March 27th due to NFL owners meetings. Owners have to vote on it then and if there’s no announcement the next time they can vote on it is 6th months later, which doesn’t work.  all parties aren’t stupid so it’ll be announced within 2 weeks or so

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.