Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I will concede on the downtown dome thing, but I hope the Pegulas look at adding commercial development to the stadium campus. A scaled down Patriot Place. And for heaven's sake, build some hotels!!

Makes no sense to put a hotel in area since it would never fill up on non-game weekends.  

What would help is finding an industrial partner who would be able to use most of parking lots except game days.

This would put in justification for expanding roads to I-95 and 219 allowing people to get to hotels faster.

And Bills ought to work with Amtrak to have game trains like they used to.

No hotels, no Ubers, no bars, no restaurants. Just a giant PITA to get to/from unless you want to be camped out all day, or drive drunk.

But we're getting natural grass, so we at least have that going for us.

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Makes no sense to put a hotel in area since it would never fill up on non-game weekends.  

What would help is finding an industrial partner who would be able to use most of parking lots except game days.

This would put in justification for expanding roads to I-95 and 219 allowing people to get to hotels faster.

And Bills ought to work with Amtrak to have game trains like they used to.

Makes no sense to put anything else there since it they'll only get 10-12 days of business. Which is why it doesnt make sense to put the stadium there either. But oh well. Buffalo gonna Buffalo.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Natural grass is ridiculoius stupid!. Most WNYers stop mowing their lawns by mid October. A brand spanking new stadium that will look like old Cleveland Stadium by Thanksgiving with 2 more months yet to play?

I just can’t believe the Pegulas would be so stupid.

The grass is the part that makes the most sense!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Makes no sense to put anything else there since it they'll only get 10-12 days of business. Which is why it doesnt make sense to put the stadium there either. But oh well. Buffalo gonna Buffalo.

That is why I said find an industrial partner.  Someone who could use the parking lots when not being used by Bills.  It would also bring in other business to area and customers to the small businesses already in area.

But oh well. Bashers are gonna Bash.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

That is why I said find an industrial partner.  Someone who could use the parking lots when not being used by Bills.  It would also bring in other business to area and customers to the small businesses already in area.

But oh well. Bashers are gonna Bash.

That doesnt... really make sense tho...

The stadium and the team do fine there. It's any surrounding business that would fail. Not sure what someone renting the parking lots during the week would do about driving business to restaurants and hotels?

Interesting to read all the "big shot" demands about the stadium.. Face it , grab your ankles, its reality about the NFL  Having lived thru the  Lancaster Dome BS, Ralph threatening to move, here and there, be thankful if it does  happen.. and hope it does.We are not exactly bargaining from the hand of strength ..  all the moaning about taxpayers getting screwed, all that.. we keep the Bills. case closed. 

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The troughs are sooo much more efficient than urinals. You can fit twice as many people into the same space. To hell with the dome, save the trough!

I know you're being sarcastic. But I went to a Bills/Jets game at Met Life a few years ago. They had the biggest bathrooms with the most urinals I've ever seen. Lol

Take at least 4 years if its mostly public money

If its private money it will get done quicker

Example look at the land the harbor center is now located at. That land was vacant/parking lot for years with discussions on what to do with it. Pegulas get it and then the next thing you know the harbor center is up and running 

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

Interesting to read all the "big shot" demands about the stadium.. Face it , grab your ankles, its reality about the NFL  Having lived thru the  Lancaster Dome BS, Ralph threatening to move, here and there, be thankful if it does  happen.. and hope it does.We are not exactly bargaining from the hand of strength ..  all the moaning about taxpayers getting screwed, all that.. we keep the Bills. case closed. 

It will happen, Pegula ain’t taking us anywhere else. Especially local politicians won’t let the Bills leave on their watch

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, holla83 said:

I know you're being sarcastic. But I went to a Bills/Jets game at Met Life a few years ago. They had the biggest bathrooms with the most urinals I've ever seen. Lol

I'm really not.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Not to mention all the fantastic sword fighting...😉

Be honest, if you are gonna do that is there a difference between a trough and a urinal for you? I've been to a stadium where the trough was built into the floor and you peed on a tile wall. It worked just fine 

It's odd to me that people who I've seen pee every place imaginable in the parking lot are now too shy inside the stadium to pee in the trough.  I distinctly remember my confusion when I went to a sporting event in Atlanta as a young man, waiting in a very long line, and seeing nobody peeing in the sink. Of course they were proper sinks, not the circular baptismal pissing fonts they have in OP, but I was genuinely confused for a minute.

9 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

I can see how you can think that, especially about how that turf in the old Municipal Stadium used to look.. trust me.. but i do prefer natural grass  for the reasons some have stated on here .. its come along way  from that.. 

I realize, Dwight. But can the new grass stand up to 0 degrees or colder? Rain and ground still make mud, right? Rain followed by dropping temps still makes ice, right?

Its different in WNY and not conducive to grass from Halloween to Ground Hogs Day.

• Dislike 1

Well prob not a popular opinion, but i love that its staying in Orchard Park, where i can drive to a game from WNY farm country and the biggest town i pass through is Springville.  Get off Boston/Hamburg exit and park in someones lawn on Abbott, no traffic. no city just a nice Sunday stroll.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.