Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Fingers are crossed. You can't rule out state politics from mucking this up. The sooner the better. Looking forward to having a stadium that has extra wide concourses, lavatories that don't include 50 foot cow trough urinals that led to 300' lines at halftime, decent high tech scoreboards that are visible from more than 200',  party decks in the end zones, decent restaurant options, and an overhang that protects 75% of the fans. Outdoor football baby. the way God meant it to be!!   

The troughs are sooo much more efficient than urinals. You can fit twice as many people into the same space. To hell with the dome, save the trough!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

But it also might not be announced this week. Stay tuned.

Got a source?

3 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Fingers are crossed. You can't rule out state politics from mucking this up. The sooner the better. Looking forward to having a stadium that has extra wide concourses, lavatories that don't include 50 foot cow trough urinals that led to 300' lines at halftime, decent high tech scoreboards that are visible from more than 200',  party decks in the end zones, decent restaurant options, and an overhang that protects 75% of the fans. Outdoor football baby. the way God meant it to be!!   

Troughs with strategic circular sinks for  overflow capacity minimized lines.  You can fit way more people around a trough/sink as long as everyone agrees to the social contract* than you can in a row of single urinals.  

*Don't make it weird if you accidentally touch tips.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Natural grass is ridiculoius stupid!. Most WNYers stop mowing their lawns by mid October. A brand spanking new stadium that will look like old Cleveland Stadium by Thanksgiving with 2 more months yet to play?

I just can’t believe the Pegulas would be so stupid.

Question for you, why does grass grow in the summer?  Answer because the ground gets warmer.  Put heaters under the field, which I believe they already stated they plan to do to keep the field from freezing.  Would the heaters keep it growing all year, no likely once we get to the bitter cold of January would stop growing, but by then you're down to last potential game or two anyway and  would still be OK for a couple more weeks. 

What typically makes the grass look terrible every winter is once it gets buried by snow and gets no sunlight, it turns brown.  Can recall winters with little snow, lawn barely turned color. Maybe they even plan to put artificial sunlamps in the overhang area to help it grow a bit longer.

Think they have grounds keepers too that tend to know a little more than the typical homeowner does about how to keep their lawn looking best.

And BTW when I lived in Rochester, I'd typically mow till Thanksgiving, Often had to let  the 1st or even 2nd snow cover melt to get the final mowing in.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Natural grass is ridiculoius stupid!. Most WNYers stop mowing their lawns by mid October. A brand spanking new stadium that will look like old Cleveland Stadium by Thanksgiving with 2 more months yet to play?

Depends entirely on the type of turf/drainage/heating system they install or don’t install.

Everything about the new stadium is stupid. 

The location. The price. Not slapping a roof on it. 

What a gigantic waste of money.

Edited by Process
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

If you haven’t pi$$ed in a 50 foot trough, you haven’t passed the Buffalo Bills fandom initiation..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

If you haven’t pi$$ed in a 50 foot trough, you haven’t passed the Buffalo Bills fandom initiation..

Those where the sinks. But when in Rome...

2 minutes ago, eball said:

A great point I had not even considered.  Bring on the heated natural grass field!

That at least partially explains how an open air stadium will end up costing as much as a dome. Most stands covered, heated field and concourses, It's basically a dome with a donut hole.

I will concede on the downtown dome thing, but I hope the Pegulas look at adding commercial development to the stadium campus. A scaled down Patriot Place. And for heaven's sake, build some hotels!!

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

not if it’s built with drainage and heating systems.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Everything about the new stadium is stupid. 

The location. The price. Not slapping a roof on it. 

What a gigantic waste of money.

Some people can find a way to complain about a free lunch.

The Bills have one of the most fun, unique, one-of-a-kind gameday atmospheres in pro sports. It has been beloved by Bills fans for years and years. It boggles my mind that all of a sudden everyone wants to uproot it, stick it in the middle of a downtown area (which is the last thing I'd ever want, because going to NFL games in downtown areas STINKS), and put a roof on it.

I don't get it. 

It looks like we get to keep our Bills in Buffalo for the long haul (which was anything but a given just a few short years ago), we get a brand new stadium with much more of the seating covered and protected from the elements, we get to keep it in Orchard Park, where the gameday experience, I promise you, is way more enjoyable than some downtown area with no room for tailgating would be...and best of all, it looks like the budget will likely pass and the thing will actually get built and -- let me say this again -- it all adds up to us NOT LOSING OUR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY!!!

And yet....I still see endless crying about roof, location, waste of money, etc. 

It's madness to me. 

Bills are staying in Orchard Park. Natural grass. No roof. Get over it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Well, they did hire Rex...😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Got a source?

Troughs with strategic circular sinks for  overflow capacity minimized lines.  You can fit way more people around a trough/sink as long as everyone agrees to the social contract* than you can in a row of single urinals.  

*Don't make it weird if you accidentally touch tips.

Does eye contact make it weird? 😆

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.