Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Many folks on here know that I’m actually a practicing architect. Yes, populous is one of the industry’s leaders in major sports facility design. They’ll do a great job.

I wonder what it costs to draw up blueprints for a football stadium. Gotta be a small fortune 

Just now, Steptide said:

I wonder what it costs to draw up blueprints for a football stadium. Gotta be a small fortune 

FYI: they’re not actually blueprints anymore. We now create a 3D virtual model of the building and give it to the Contractors to work from in real time. Pretty cool, huh? 

In general the total architecture/engineering fees should be something in the neighborhood of 6.0% of the construction cost of the stadium. You can do the math. 

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Many folks on here know that I’m actually a practicing architect. Yes, populous is one of the industry’s leaders in major sports facility design. They’ll do a great job.

All good. Graham states renderings are expected in 4-6 months. That seem accurate to you from your expertise?

edit: should probably just post the tweets:

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

But will they design a community urinal trough spacious enough to fall asleep in? 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

All good. Graham states renderings are expected in 4-6 months. That seem accurate to you from your expertise?

edit: should probably just post the tweets:

That actually sounds much longer that it should take, especially with the existing site conditions known. I can’t imagine they’re going to get into some long community input process. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That actually sounds much longer that it should take, especially with the existing site conditions known. I can’t imagine they’re going to get into some long community input process. 

The Pegula’s might just want to wait because that time frame would put the reveal close to training camp/regular season.  It would generate more excitement around the team heading into week 1.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

When they built the design for Robert Kraft for the Pats new stadium they went through over 200 design options before he finally found one he liked.  I wonder if Terry and Kim will be as hands on.

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I see there's already a working relationship.  

I absolutely love the design of Tottenham Hostspur Stadium.

It's going to be an awesome stadium. And LOUD on game days. The design elements for the Hotspur stadium seem perfect for Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.