Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

The Pegula’s might just want to wait because that time frame would put the reveal close to training camp/regular season.  It would generate more excitement around the team heading into week 1.

we need a stadium announcement to get excited about this team?

• Like (+1) 1

Thank for the poster that shared the Tottenham stadium video. Never saw it before and I don't watch soccer but for all my skepticism about the Bills building a non-dome stadium, the Tottenham stadium is really, really fricken nice. 

I still don't agree with an open air stadium, but the host of the video kept saying, "...cooking the grass..." and the smell that comes with it so I'm assuming that's what the Pegulas are envisioning. Regardless, I hope the wind is a strong consideration in terms of design and mitigating its impact, but the place will likely be just jaw dropping. Good to see the Bills finally coming into relevance in all phases of the NFL: team quality, management, superstar (JA) on national stage, multiple prime time games (I prefer the 1:00 time, but those games yield true attention and respect), and now venue. It's taken so long it almost doesn't feel real.....let's go Bills!! 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

When they built the design for Robert Kraft for the Pats new stadium they went through over 200 design options before he finally found one he liked.  I wonder if Terry and Kim will be as hands on.

And they ended up settling for what they got? Yikes! Somewhat in kidding, yes, the plans will be conceptual at first with multiple revisions along the way. Most people think that an architect just whips out a complete design and says ‘here it is’ but that’s not how it works. We prepare general concepts really quickly and those are refined over time with input from the Client. The project design ultimately develops from the general to the specific with the final details worked out as the technical drawings are being assembled.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Thank for the poster that shared the Tottenham stadium video. Never saw it before and I don't watch soccer but for all my skepticism about the Bills building a non-dome stadium, the Tottenham stadium is really, really fricken nice. 

I still don't agree with an open air stadium, but the host of the video kept saying, "...cooking the grass..." and the smell that comes with it so I'm assuming that's what the Pegulas are envisioning. Regardless, I hope the wind is a strong consideration in terms of design and mitigating its impact, but the place will likely be just jaw dropping. Good to see the Bills finally coming into relevance in all phases of the NFL: team quality, management, superstar (JA) on national stage, multiple prime time games (I prefer the 1:00 time, but those games yield true attention and respect), and now venue. It's taken so long it almost doesn't feel real.....let's go Bills!! 

I’ve been to Tottenham. Three things…first it looks like a really cool futuristic spaceship that landed in an old row house neighborhood that could very well be in WNY. Second, it was built in two halves so the team could keep playing in the old stadium while the first half of the ‘circle’ was built…amazing but expensive. Finally, it opened an entire season late because of fire alarm problems so the Hotspurs had to play an extra season away from home at nearby Wembley stadium. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And they ended up settling for what they got? Yikes! Somewhat in kidding, yes, the plans will be conceptual at first with multiple revisions along the way. Most people think that an architect just whips out a complete design and says ‘here it is’ but that’s not how it works. We prepare general concepts really quickly and those are refined over time with input from the Client. The project design ultimately develops from the general to the specific with the final details worked out as the technical drawings are being assembled.

There is nothing special about Gillette Stadium except the wide concourses. 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There is nothing special about Gillette Stadium except the wide concourses. 

Same for MetLife. Many Giants/Jets fans wish Giants Stadium was back. Only thing MetLife offers over Giants Stadium is a wider concourse and shorter lines at the bathroom. For the cost its not worth it. There wasn't a bad seat in the house at Giants Stadium. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stupid question but who is the client with the final say in approval? Is it the Pegulas or is it NYS state who is footing 3/4 of the bill? I’d like to think we have some say in what it will look like but at the same time I’d probably hate the NYS bureaucracy getting involved. 

architects are amazingly talented people... to be able to render a vision into such detail has always fascinated me, not to mention to be able to come up with so many different concepts and understand how it all goes together

We recently had an architect draw up plans for our greenhouse and it was like he knew what we wanted better than we did! Just incredible! 

Expensive too, but worth every penny!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

Something like that Tottenheim Stadium looks optimal and realistic.  Looks shielded from the elements, but still outdoor.  Seems to have somewhat of an intimate/closed in feel.  Cost and seating capacity in the general ballpark with this project.  Same design firm.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

architects are amazingly talented people... to be able to render a vision into such detail has always fascinated me, not to mention to be able to come up with so many different concepts and understand how it all goes together

We recently had an architect draw up plans for our greenhouse and it was like he knew what we wanted better than we did! Just incredible! 

Expensive too, but worth every penny!

Thanks! It comes from our training. Architecture school is nothing like what most people think it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Thought he was a marine biologist. Maybe I’m thinking of somebody else…😂

both

4 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Thought he was a marine biologist. Maybe I’m thinking of somebody else…😂

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.