Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I understand and respect your take. But In this case we have a choice. Either pay and make sure the Buffalo Bills remain the Buffalo Bills or watch the team leave and head off to a new city. This is the reality of the situation. We may not like or agree with it but again that’s the reality. So let’s be thankful that we’re keeping the team where they belong. 

Yep, its the cost of having a team to cheer for for such a small market.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I understand and respect your take. But In this case we have a choice. Either pay and make sure the Buffalo Bills remain the Buffalo Bills or watch the team leave and head off to a new city. This is the reality of the situation. We may not like or agree with it but again that’s the reality. So let’s be thankful that we’re keeping the team where they belong. 

To be honest I’m glad it’s staying in OP. Downtown would’ve been a ***** show

Billionaires have been skirting by for years avoiding paying for things and living by ther own set of rules. 

I get its an unpopular opinion. 

but also just remember the cost of relocation fees would also be over $700 million for the Peguals, which is less than what the Pegauls are set to pay for a new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep, its the cost of having a team to cheer for for such a small market.

It’s amazing that with our small market that we even have an NFL franchise. Although to this day i still don’t know how Jacksonville got an NFL team. That city has literally zero market

4 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

What's the low down on a relocation fee? Is that through the NFL to other owners? It's new to me. 

It's from the relocating owner to the other owners.  And it's the difference between the old market and new one.  How they come up with the exact amount, though, I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

What's the low down on a relocation fee? Is that through the NFL to other owners? It's new to me. 

I think a great way to counter public funding is to make the amount the relocation fee. $1 billion to build the stadium, pay it back if you want to sell the team or move.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's from the relocating owner to the other owners.  And it's the difference between the old market and new one.  How they come up with the exact amount, though, I have no idea.

St Louis to LA was just shy of $645 Million a few years ago

Buffalo to Houston for example I could see being closer to 1 Billion. 

Rich, Ralph, New Era, Hallmark is an extremely outdated stadium.  Having modern amenities, some relief from the elements seems like a win.  Its complaining about paying Allen.  Yes its expensive but its time.

1 minute ago, boater said:

Pittsburgh has grass and it looks pretty rough come November/December.

And yes. I worry about state politics mucking this up. NYC politicians can be so petty. They have short mans complex.

Gov Hochul is from Buffalo and a Bills fan so that can't hurt. She knows firsthand what the Bills mean to WNY.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Rich, Ralph, New Era, Hallmark is an extremely outdated stadium.  Having modern amenities, some relief from the elements seems like a win.  Its complaining about paying Allen.  Yes its expensive but its time.

if Taxpayers dollars went towards paying athlete, Im sure this would be a different tune. 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I don't have any kids, either. I DO believe that funding Education, is an investment in the future of our Nation, and is money well spent. I disagree with how School Taxes are funded, however. (In NYS, only, property owners  foot the school tax bill) For me, that is $7k/yr..

I also don't mind public financing, of the Bills new Digs...

Renters indirectly pay property taxes via their rent. The property owners aren't eating any of that cost themselves for a rented unit.

1 hour ago, boater said:

Pittsburgh has grass and it looks pretty rough come November/December.

And yes. I worry about state politics mucking this up. NYC politicians can be so petty. They have short mans complex.

Totally agree,  Citi Field , where the Mets play got lots of  State  taxpayer dollars.. the thought  of the elitist blowhards in NYC  impacting this .. is infuriating. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.