Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

54 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Pegula's put up $1.4 Billion, to keep the team in Buffalo, against all odds. You gotta have the Egg, before you get the Chicken...

The discussion would otherwise be, what to do with a 50 year old facility without a Tenant, after the Bills moved to Toronto, or Las Vegas...

against all odds, lol.

What odds were they against?

They already owned a hockey team they have to keep the team in buffalo. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I would be willing to bet that at least 75% of my taxes are distributed to pay for things that I do not use or care about.  I am OK with less than 1% of those taxes going to a new Bills stadium.  But I do get your point that it is yet another horrible use of tax money when you look at the big picture.  

Thank you for trying to better convey what i was trying to convey with my word vomit. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I would be willing to bet that at least 75% of my taxes are distributed to pay for things that I do not use or care about.  I am OK with less than 1% of those taxes going to a new Bills stadium.  But I do get your point that it is yet another horrible use of tax money when you look at the big picture.  

That 75% is optimistic.  Unfortunately, once we lose a pro football team we’ll never get it back so the Pegula’s had all the leverage.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This.  I don't have, and never want, kids.  Yet I'm stuck paying school taxes for the benefit of other people's kids.  From a personal point of view (arguments for the collective good notwithstanding, and a separate discussion) I am completely on board with fronting nearly the entire cost of this stadium.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Patience said:

This.  I don't have, and never want, kids.  Yet I'm stuck paying school taxes for the benefit of other people's kids.  From a personal point of view (arguments for the collective good notwithstanding, and a separate discussion) I am completely on board with fronting nearly the entire cost of this stadium.  

Yea i don't think comparing state funded educational facilities and Billionaires private play place is a good comparison.

I will just never agree with paying for buildings that Billionaires could mostly fund themselves especially now, where the earnings gap just keeps getting larger and larger. 

If its a 50/50 split, fine, but this is like 95/5%

9 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yea i don't think comparing state funded educational facilities and Billionaires private play place is a good comparison.

I will just never agree with paying for buildings that Billionaires could mostly fund themselves especially now, where the earnings gap just keeps getting larger and larger. 

The state spends billions paying for housing for people that could fund it themselves too.  (of course not all, but many find ways to afford plenty of luxuries) It is all about working the system, from the guy working off the books so he can get public assistance and cheap housing, to the billionaire trying to get a new stadium.  Those that actually need the government assistance are too frequently overlooked.  I know that is heading way off topic, so I'll end the rant here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

against all odds, lol.

What odds were they against?

They already owned a hockey team they have to keep the team in buffalo. 

The odds if Bon Jovi and his Toronto backers ended up outbidding Pegula and broke the lease and moved the team immediately. Those odds, if Terry didn’t get us we wouldn’t have a team to be talking about or rooting for

• Like (+1) 4

On 2/28/2022 at 1:00 PM, H2o said:

Oh, you can bet that natural grass field will be as state of the art as they come. It won't be bad at all, plus it's easier on the human body. 

Ideally, for late season games, you would need some way to keep moisture content of the soil controlled later in the season.  You'd need great drainage at a minimum.  Even better would be some way to heat the turf.  That would keep the grass growing longer and minimize late season muddiness.  Normally grass will grow if the air temperature is above 50 degrees.  Below 50 it becomes dormant.  In Rochester, we are often mowing into November now,  One year we had to mow once in December.  The climate is definitely changing

Didn't compare.  If you read my post again, it specifically notes that my opinion is from a personal point of view.  

I understand and respect your take. But In this case we have a choice. Either pay and make sure the Buffalo Bills remain the Buffalo Bills or watch the team leave and head off to a new city. This is the reality of the situation. We may not like or agree with it but again that’s the reality. So let’s be thankful that we’re keeping the team where they belong. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

At least it'll be downtown.

To be honest I’m glad it’s staying in OP. Downtown would’ve been a ***** show

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.