Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Those where the sinks. But when in Rome...

That at least partially explains how an open air stadium will end up costing as much as a dome. Most stands covered, heated field and concourses, It's basically a dome with a donut hole.

I will concede on the downtown dome thing, but I hope the Pegulas look at adding commercial development to the stadium campus. A scaled down Patriot Place. And for heaven's sake, build some hotels!!

Cmon now …what’s wrong with the motels around the stadium now?  Rent rooms by the hour and bring your own sheets 😂

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I said a long time ago that the stadium should be built downtown as that is clearly and obviously the smart way to go...and that it would NOT be built there because...Buffalo.

😂

It cost 2 billion more to put it downtown. Plus the businesses it would affect. Pegula is wise to have it remain in OP. Downtown wouldn’t work. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

2m more? Nope it would cost a total of $2m to put it downtown vs $1.4m in OP.

doesn’t matter anyway as it’s going in OP

It will cost far more than $2B when cost overruns are factored-in.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is what the employees of the Bills whose responsibilities are field/facility management have been told.

Apparently they almost put a heating system underneath the turf in the last renovation.

It was in the plans. 

5 hours ago, Hammers Lot said:

Are congrats to me cause I Told you All along time ago no downtown stadium, OP is the place. For those who know, I got sources as I've proven in the past. 

In the past year there has been some properties sold near the stadium. 1 over $400.000 another $300.000 the others i gave no clue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

New info leaked on Bills new stadium.

Jason Wolf on Twitter: "Do not expect #Bills stadium deal to be announced this week. But it’s coming this month. Orchard Park. No dome. Covered seats. Grass field. ~50,000 PSLs & season tix. 2026, at the earliest. Ralph razed for parking. Public likely to pay >$1B of $1.4B cost. 🏟💰 @TheBuffaloNews" / Twitter

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Jason Wolf on Twitter: "Do not expect #Bills stadium deal to be announced this week. But it’s coming this month. Orchard Park. No dome. Covered seats. Grass field. ~50,000 PSLs & season tix. 2026, at the earliest. Ralph razed for parking. Public likely to pay >$1B of $1.4B cost. 🏟💰 @TheBuffaloNews" / Twitter

Including the statue?!

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/1/2022 at 2:55 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It cost 2 billion more to put it downtown. Plus the businesses it would affect. Pegula is wise to have it remain in OP. Downtown wouldn’t work. 

it absolutely does not cost 2 billion more.

It cost 2 billion total, as to 1.4.

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What an awful deal for the State/City.

Paying > 1 billion and then the Pegauls make all their money back and more with PSLs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Paying > 1 billion and then the Pegauls make all their money back and more with PSLs.

You knew this was coming though. You know that saying about "S*** runs down hill". Guess who is at the bottom of the hill. 

22 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Honest question: How do you know that the PSL fees will go solely to the Owner?  Couldn’t they be split with or paid to the State?

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Honest question: How do you know that the PSL fees will go solely to the Owner?  Couldn’t they be split with or paid to the State?

from Raiders.......

Who gets my money when I buy a PSL?

The financial structure of Raiders PSL sales requires a flowchart you likely don’t want to read. Know this: Your PSL check funnels directly into stadium construction. You ultimately will license your seat from the Las Vegas Stadium Authority, the government body responsible for overseeing the construction and operation of the facility. The stadium authority will own both the stadium and the 62 acres of land on which it sits after the Raiders transfer ownership of the parcel for free. The team paid $77.5 million for the plot off Russell Road west of Interstate 15.

not sure this helps...

Edited by nucci

48 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wonder what the PSL charges will be? My guess is lower level $2500 per seat and the upper deck $1000 per seat. 

I hope/expect PSLs to be somewhat reasonable. If they average $2000 for 50K, that's $100MM total. A drop in the bucket but it's something. I also expect the option to pay over time, say a $200 surcharge over 10 years.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don't think it's goes to anything but stadium financing. If the above tweet is correct, PSLs would be ¼ to ⅓ of the $400MM Pegulas share. The NFL will kick in some and the rest will come from Terry.

If the plan includes some retail development, (shops, restaurants, hotels) that will add some funding as well.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope/expect PSLs to be somewhat reasonable. If they average $2000 for 50K, that's $100MM total. A drop in the bucket but it's something. I also expect the option to pay over time, say a $200 surcharge over 10 years.

I don't think it's goes to anything but stadium financing. If the above tweet is correct, PSLs would be ¼ to ⅓ of the $400MM Pegulas share. The NFL will kick in some and the rest will come from Terry.

If the plan includes some retail development, (shops, restaurants, hotels) that will add some funding as well.

You will definitely have the option to pay over time. I have Jets tickets and my PSL's are $5000 per seat. I have 2 seats. The Jets gave me the option to pay in one shot, pay over 10 years or 15 years. However they charge interest if you don't pay in one shot which is BS IMHO. Also my PSL fee is due Nov 1st. I am currently paying for my seasons right now. So the Jets do split the payments with seasons and PSL fees at different times of the year. I would imagine the Bills will do the same for their season ticket holders. That is a lot of money to pay in one shot for a PSL fee and most people will need to make those payments over time.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

You realize the state budget in 2023 alone is over $215B, even if they were going to finance the whole thing in one year, it would be half a % of the entire budget.

Pegula's pay a lot on taxes to NY, taxes they wouldnt have to pay in TX

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

I would be willing to bet that at least 75% of my taxes are distributed to pay for things that I do not use or care about.  I am OK with less than 1% of those taxes going to a new Bills stadium.  But I do get your point that it is yet another horrible use of tax money when you look at the big picture.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.