Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Natural grass is ridiculoius stupid!. Most WNYers stop mowing their lawns by mid October. A brand spanking new stadium that will look like old Cleveland Stadium by Thanksgiving with 2 more months yet to play?

I just can’t believe the Pegulas would be so stupid.

This is easily the worst take in this entire thread. Heinz Field, Soldier Field, Lambeau, Arrowhead, and Mile High all have grass fields.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I realize, Dwight. But can the new grass stand up to 0 degrees or colder? Rain and ground still make mud, right? Rain followed by dropping temps still makes ice, right?

Its different in WNY and not conducive to grass from Halloween to Ground Hogs Day.

Well, supposedly "real grass" has come along way from the old days,and can only hope ..   but you do wonder how it would hold up to the heavy rains ..like you say 

18 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Government project, so it'll go over schedule & over budget. Should we start the over under @ 6 years $2billion?

Hopefully they don't find an endangered species in the parking lot.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, holla83 said:

This is easily the worst take in this entire thread. Heinz Field, Soldier Field, Lambeau, Arrowhead, and Mile High all have grass fields.

I'm glad it's a grass field but Heinz turf has been replaced numerous times because of poor quality. The others seem to hold up well. Looking forward to a grass field

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Will be interesting seeing what parking will look like the next 4+ years (gotta factor in the tear down of the old stadium). 

I went thru it going from Giants Stadium to MetLife. Its a pain in the ass. My advice is if you like to tailgate then get there as soon as the lots open. If you show up 9-9:30 it will be very difficult to get a spot as the new stadium reduces the parking. At least that is how it was in NJ.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Pretty sure all the players prefer grass.  Kroenke already taking heat for not putting grass in his new multi-billion $ stadium.  

yeah, screw the Lombardi trophy and the rings—players want real grass!!

12 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Example look at the land the harbor center is now located at. That land was vacant/parking lot for years with discussions on what to do with it. Pegulas get it and then the next thing you know the harbor center is up and running 

Yeah, and eight surly parking attendants are now looking up the business end of a breadline. 🤨

😉😁

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Well, supposedly "real grass" has come along way from the old days,and can only hope ..   but you do wonder how it would hold up to the heavy rains ..like you say 

They have drainage systems

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, holla83 said:

Soldier and Lambeau also have ***** fields in the winter. Go back and look at this years NFC Div game against SF. The field was in rough shape by the end of the year and that is WITH under-field heaters which I doubt we would get. The modern turf isnt the same as the old days astroturf.

I think turf is the way to go in Buffalo

46 minutes ago, jletha said:

Soldier and Lambeau also have ***** fields in the winter. Go back and look at this years NFC Div game against SF. The field was in rough shape by the end of the year and that is WITH under-field heaters which I doubt we would get. The modern turf isnt the same as the old days astroturf.

I think turf is the way to go in Buffalo

It will be heated grass turf. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

It will be heated grass turf. 

This is what the employees of the Bills whose responsibilities are field/facility management have been told.

Apparently they almost put a heating system underneath the turf in the last renovation.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry it's a paywall.

https://theathletic.com/3153981/2022/02/28/bills-stadium-faq-financing-agreement-for-new-orchard-park-project-likely-to-be-announced-soon/

Basically saying the reason for silence lately is both sides are close to getting it done. Could be announced right before state budget vote. Definitely will be open air, natural grass, in OP. (Congrats @Hammered a Lot)

Are congrats to me cause I Told you All along time ago no downtown stadium, OP is the place. For those who know, I got sources as I've proven in the past. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.