Tim Graham: Bills stadium deal could be announced this week.

PromoTheRobot

Sorry it's a paywall.

https://theathletic.com/3153981/2022/02/28/bills-stadium-faq-financing-agreement-for-new-orchard-park-project-likely-to-be-announced-soon/

Basically saying the reason for silence lately is both sides are close to getting it done. Could be announced right before state budget vote. Definitely will be open air, natural grass, in OP. (Congrats @Hammered a Lot)

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Fingers are crossed. You can't rule out state politics from mucking this up. The sooner the better. Looking forward to having a stadium that has extra wide concourses, lavatories that don't include 50 foot cow trough urinals that led to 300' lines at halftime, decent high tech scoreboards that are visible from more than 200',  party decks in the end zones, decent restaurant options, and an overhang that protects 75% of the fans. Outdoor football baby. the way God meant it to be!!   

• Like (+1) 4

Natural grass is ridiculoius stupid!. Most WNYers stop mowing their lawns by mid October. A brand spanking new stadium that will look like old Cleveland Stadium by Thanksgiving with 2 more months yet to play?

I just can’t believe the Pegulas would be so stupid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Natural grass is ridiculoius stupid!. Most WNYers stop mowing their lawns by mid October. A brand spanking new stadium that will look like old Cleveland Stadium by Thanksgiving with 2 more months yet to play?

Pretty sure all the players prefer grass.  Kroenke already taking heat for not putting grass in his new multi-billion $ stadium.  

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Oh, you can bet that natural grass field will be as state of the art as they come. It won't be bad at all, plus it's easier on the human body. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Oh, you can bet that natural grass field will be as state of the art as they come. It won't be bad at all, plus it's easier on the human body. 

I believe I read somewhere that it'll be heated, which will keep the players warmer and keep the ground softer and the grass from going dormant 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Unless the field is heated. I am not saying this is wise, though it is possible.

https://fitseer.com/do-football-fields-have-heated-lines/

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I believe I read somewhere that it'll be heated, which will keep the players warmer and keep the ground softer and the grass from going dormant 

Yes. Arrowhead has a heated field as well and it holds up nicely throughout the season. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I can see how you can think that, especially about how that turf in the old Municipal Stadium used to look.. trust me.. but i do prefer natural grass  for the reasons some have stated on here .. its come along way  from that.. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

It's not 1960 anymore...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The grass field will be heated.  Short of a dome, this is the best we can hope for, i.e. a stadium with an overhang to shield the fans and to a large extent the field/players from the elements (especially the wind, but not the cold), while no more infill means they can clean the field of snow properly and the heating will help as well.  

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.