Bills 2021 draft class ranked 25th

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

The Bills are a team with few holes or starting spots for rookies. Where was a rookie gonna come in and make a big impact on this team?

Especially drafting #30 overall, and late in each round. I think we got decent production from Rousseau, all things considered. Very similar to what the Dolphins got out of his college team mate, Jaelan Phillips, who went #18 and the 1st DE off the board.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It is much better than the 2020 draft where we snagged Gabe Davis and a kicker. To me that draft is extremely underwhelming. Unless you count Diggs ofcourse. 

The 2021 draft gave us an immediate starter at DE and at RT. Plus, I like Doyle more than most as well as Basham. Basham needed to play more. Plus Jack Anderson wound up playing a bit for the Eagles, starting a game, and Wildgoose played in a bunch of games for the Jets. 

But both drafts have been rather disappointing considering some of the players who were on the board when we made picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

They need to hit on this draft or they will be in trouble.

I feel like they need to hit on free agency. This roster needs complimentary veteran players to help put them over the top. I am not sure if rookies at the back end of each round will really move the needle. Maybe Jordan Davis, or a corner, or a DE like Cameron Thomas. but somewhere they need to find IOL, a corner, a punter, and pass rush. 

They should also try to package some of their nine picks to target guys and come away with 5 good draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like they need to hit on free agency. This roster needs complimentary veteran players to help put them over the top. I am not sure if rookies at the back end of each round will really move the needle. Maybe Jordan Davis, or a corner, or a DE like Cameron Thomas. but somewhere they need to find IOL, a corner, a punter, and pass rush. 

They should also try to package some of their nine picks to target guys and come away with 5 good draft picks. 

You should be able to find 2 playmaker, you almost need to b.c you are paying a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

The Bills are a team with few holes or starting spots for rookies. Where was a rookie gonna come in and make a big impact on this team?

Are you suggesting we didn’t have any needs last season nor having any current needs heading into the coming draft? We definitely could’ve used impact players on the D line, our OL was in shambles for half the season, and we also played without a starting CB half the season too. There’s definite holes on our team. 

27 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Sarcasm, blind faith or do you have some rationale?

Sure do Debby Downer. I Watched this 6' 7" 270lb  athletic youngster play his ROOKIE season, where he showed good strength and speed. If he works to develop his body into NFL  DE shape, and continues to get reps, I believe he can be an All-Pro.

• Like (+1) 1

It can only get sillier when they rate draft classes at the end of training camp…, anything for a click I guess.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It is much better than the 2020 draft where we snagged Gabe Davis and a kicker. To me that draft is extremely underwhelming. Unless you count Diggs ofcourse. 

The 2021 draft gave us an immediate starter at DE and at RT. Plus, I like Doyle more than most as well as Basham. Basham needed to play more. Plus Jack Anderson wound up playing a bit for the Eagles, starting a game, and Wildgoose played in a bunch of games for the Jets. 

But both drafts have been rather disappointing considering some of the players who were on the board when we made picks. 

Didn't we also get Dane Jackson?

interesting take, did they consider that 2 of the 3 top picks did not play the 2020 season; plus two of our later picks, the 'goose and Jack Anderson, were poached from the PS, with Anderson even having some starts for the iggles, that should be taken into overall formula as well ?

The '21 Bills draft right or wrong will be judged by the productivity of two DEs and the relevnat number sacks, hurries, and then if not enough how well they set the edge and play the run...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.