In hindsight, what’s your worst “hot take” on TSW ever?

eball

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2022 at 7:40 PM, Captain_Quint said:

I was in the "Don't pay Jason Peters" camp. And then he turned out to be a generational talent at LT. 

But being fair, who was he really protecting in Buffalo? Losman? Brian Brohm? 

Peters sure did get his dollars.  But he didn't move the needle in Philly and wasn't part of any dynasty.  The year they won the Superbowl,  Peters was already out at midseason.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/27/2022 at 10:29 PM, Nextmanup said:

That wasn't a "hot take."  That was a sensible opinion at the time.

No one knew Josh would basically do the impossible.

Fans of Boston sports teams are known for having an excuse for everything.........so I guess it comes natural to you to think that way.

But Josh Allen was the QB with the highest ceiling and pretty much considered a consensus first round draft pick.

Becoming a franchise QB was plenty north of "impossible".

• Shocked 1

Most recently, that Levi wallace would get eight or nine million to stay in Buffalo. 

But the worst is a tie:

That Peterman could be a top ten QB.

That Tyrod could be a top ten QB.

That Manuel could be a top ten QB.

That Orton could be a top ten QB.

That Fitz could be a top ten QB. (I STILL CLING TO THIS ONE! ).

There are others but I don't want to belabor the point. I'm a total homer. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fans of Boston sports teams are known for having an excuse for everything.........so I guess it comes natural to you to think that way.

But Josh Allen was the QB with the highest ceiling and pretty much considered a consensus first round draft pick.

Becoming a franchise QB was plenty north of "impossible".

Josh Allen's pre-draft prospect vs. what he is now is arguably the greatest improvement in NFL history.

He always had a high ceiling, sure.  What were the odds he would come close to hitting it?  That was the issue.

He is a fabulous, one in a million, success story.

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? Dudes going to be in the HOF. What you talking about? 😅

Yes.  But HOF for what?   Being a highly paid left tackle?    I'm pointing out that the Eagles spent a lot of money on something that didn't matter in the end.   There was another HOF tackle in Cleveland Joe Thomas around the same era as Peters.  He sure led them to the promised land like Peters lol.   I'd rather spend the money on other positions that make more of a material difference on Wins vs Losses.

Edited by prissythecat

I wanted either Josh. But leaned other Josh. The way he read coverages etc just had me feeling like he was the next Brady. 

I wanted Blaine Gabbert so bad. I really thought he was going to be the next big thing. 

I thought Russel Wilson was too small and I preferred Kirk Cousins. 

I really thought Reggie Ragland was going to be our Patrick Willis. He was here for two seconds. 

Didn't join until recently, but I was a regular poster on the Buffalo message board before they shut it down. I thought that Stevie Johnson would never be a starter. Guy was on the team for a couple of years and always seemed to be a camp body. He exploded with Fitzpatrick. 

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen's pre-draft prospect vs. what he is now is arguably the greatest improvement in NFL history.

He always had a high ceiling, sure.  What were the odds he would come close to hitting it?  That was the issue.

He is a fabulous, one in a million, success story.

Then what are your fellow Boston fans hero Tom Brady and grocery clerk to MVP/HOF QB Kurt Warner?

One in a BILLION?

How many millions of NFL QB's do you think there have been?:lol:

Josh Allen was literally picked 7th overall in the draft.

His comps were to big armed athletic QB's like John Elway, Ben Roethlisberger and Cam Newton.

Yeah he had a big completion % year in 2020 with no crowds and refs not throwing holding penalties and that surprised people.

But last year his completion % fell back down to a very pedestrian 63% and his dynamic playing style came back in line with the earlier comps............who happen to be 2 HOF'ers and a former NFL MVP. :doh:

What are the odds of that happening with a player drafted that high?   Well the odds of landing a franchise QB in round 1 at all used to be about 15% a decade ago............that number has increased in recent years with the influx of quality QB's.    So let's say it's just a number between 1 and 100 and stop with the hyperbole.:rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.