A nice prospect to groom if Feliciano gets the boot.

Tipster19

I actually like Tommy Doyle as a possible guard if they can’t sign an Austin Corbett type. Yeah i know he’s tall, but it doesn’t matter if you have a 6-5 QB. Doyle has explosive measurables and athleticism and seemed to be coming around as a blocker. I don’t know that you can get an offensive linemen at 25 with more upside aside from Linderbaum. 

• Like (+1) 3

Feliciano struggled a bit more this season. I think it is because we asked him to play another position. Switching sides is extremely difficult for most OL. So, you can’t really blame him for that. While he was never a great OL he was a decent RG and center. Plus he brings all that leadership and toughness. I hope we keep him but I have all the faith in the world in Krazy Kromer to build the best line McD ever had in Buffalo. I think Kromer brings in at least one OL. Probably an inexpensive one but you never know. I that who he brings in looks good as well.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I actually like Tommy Doyle as a possible guard if they can’t sign an Austin Corbett type. Yeah i know he’s tall, but it doesn’t matter if you have a 6-5 QB. Doyle has explosive measurables and athleticism and seemed to be coming around as a blocker. I don’t know that you can get an offensive linemen at 25 with more upside aside from Linderbaum. 

The thing is he doesn't have that upside in systems other than zone blocking. I only go oline at 25 if one of the top 4 OTs is still there and Penning is probably #4.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:42 AM, JohnNord said:

I know the Bills value his versatility but I can’t see any way that the Bills keep Feliciano next season.  His pro tag and level play just don’t mesh

If he takes a pay cut that lowers his cap hit 2ish million I could see them keeping Mongo but at his current price he is a cap casualty.

On 2/26/2022 at 1:45 AM, Tipster19 said:

Imo the greatest aspect of Feliciano is that he’s a self anointed body guard to Josh. If he goes then I really hope that his replacement not only has more ability but also is a tough guy and is willing to mix it up like the Giants’ Hernandez. Here’s a player who has the nastiest demeanor in this year’s draft.

On another note, Will Hernandez (who has struggled since a solid rookie season) would be an intriguing depth option. I wouldn’t mind the Bills tossing a low ball one year deal for him to add some depth and competition to the Oline. He has a great physical profile and played well his rookie year. But it just hasn’t clicked since. Hopefully a change of scenery works for him.

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The extension was odd IMO… especially for a team that needed to upgrade its interior offensive line last offseason. 

Well, they didn't really need to upgrade the OL last offseason. It would have been nice, certainly I was hoping for an early OG in the draft. But the OL played quite well in 2020, particularly when Feliciano was on the field.

But in 2021 Feliciano and Williams declined significantly and it wasn't completely clear why. Feliciano's weight loss may well have had something to do with it, but perhaps not. But there was a real decline. Combine those two guys getting worse with Dawkins being affected for all but the last few games by his Covid, and that line had a major downgrade.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:07 AM, Motor26 said:

If they were to draft him that would force Dawkins inside. It would definitely upgrade the left guard spot. I wouldn’t hate that move.

????? The second half of year after Covid Dawkins played awesome. His downfield block in second NE game I believe was legendary. He needs to stay put.  

3 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Not that it hasn't happened or that it can't happen but I can't recall anyone 6'7" playing guard in the NFL.

Anyone?

Wetzel. Gallery. Kevin Gogan.

And plenty have played at 6'6" and a fraction. Tyson Clabo, who played ten years, was measured at 68.9 inches at the combine.

It's very unusual, but it does happen.

• Like (+1) 1

Trevor Penning is a beast. I think he will be an excellent pro. He is still raw and he might not be an all pro as a rookoe but there is all pro level potential there. He has almost no ceiling. 

If he got to #25 I'd have a hard time passing on him. But after dominating at the Senior Bowl he doesn't have much chance of making it to #25. 

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Wetzel. Gallery. Kevin Gogan.

And plenty have played at 6'6" and a fraction. Tyson Clabo, who played ten years, was measured at 68.9 inches at the combine.

It's very unusual, but it does happen.

Alex Boone was 6'7" too.   

In your Math above Clabo was just shy of 5'9". 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, they didn't really need to upgrade the OL last offseason. It would have been nice, certainly I was hoping for an early OG in the draft. But the OL played quite well in 2020, particularly when Feliciano was on the field.

But in 2021 Feliciano and Williams declined significantly and it wasn't completely clear why. Feliciano's weight loss may well have had something to do with it, but perhaps not. But there was a real decline. Combine those two guys getting worse with Dawkins being affected for all but the last few games by his Covid, and that line had a major downgrade.

I think coaching had to be a piece of it. I think that has been corrected with Kromer. Weight loss and I don't think Mongo was 100% healthy all season. As to Williams.  Could it be having a rookie to his right and being asked to help and keep an eye on him? Kind of like handling a second role possibly causing a delay in his game? Or having poor guard play to his left and having to help there as well? Just a thought seeing the drop in his play...🤔

From an ESPN article five days ago:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33335380/nfl-players-need-change-scenery-offseason-one-team-including-jarvis-landry-jimmy-garoppolo-zadarius-smith#BUF

NFL players who need a change of scenery this offseason

"Buffalo Bills

Guard Jon Feliciano

Moving on makes sense for both sides. It's not a must, but it would be a smart step. Feliciano lost his starting role during the 2021 season to Ike Boettger and Ryan Bates after stints on injured reserve and the COVID-19 list. The Bills would save over $4 million by designating him as a post-June 1 cut. Former Bills offensive line coach Bobby Johnson is now in the same role with the Giants, and Feliciano has worked with Johnson for most of his professional career. It would be a logical reunion. -- Alaina Getzenberg"

On 2/26/2022 at 4:56 AM, CaptnCoke11 said:

Better chance he’s long gone before 25 

Agreed, but there is some chance of him being there as well, mainly because he played at a small school. We would have a more adequate picture of the kid if he played at Texas A&M for example against far better competition. In this sense, he becomes a bit of a risk.

Also, there seems to be a glut of talented LTs in this draft which is fairly unusual, and this could also make him fall to us.

Given all of this, drafting this kid would be a dream come true for me. NOTHING is more important than protecting Josh Allen, who has enough talent to be in the Hall of Fame some day. Let me say that again.....NOTHING. Not even a first round corner!!! 😮😲😮

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Here's "mean streak" Feliciano "body guarding" Josh after the latter gets body slammed on a Chiefs D-line jailbreak...

image.png.8dd4659e0e08f53cfd4f6a67bebd2a24.png

Several second of jogging time later, he weighed in with payback, drawing a fine.

Yeah but he has tattoos and stuff and his play is barely average, so you know....he's tough and stuff

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.