A nice prospect to groom if Feliciano gets the boot.

Tipster19

Imo the greatest aspect of Feliciano is that he’s a self anointed body guard to Josh. If he goes then I really hope that his replacement not only has more ability but also is a tough guy and is willing to mix it up like the Giants’ Hernandez. Here’s a player who has the nastiest demeanor in this year’s draft.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Yeah, he plays with a mean streak. But on a lot of those plays, he seems to get a bit grabby as well. He'll have to watch that in the NFL, as well as using his arm like a hook and falling on top of guys to get them to the ground. Put him with Spencer Brown though? It's an intriguing prospect. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I don’t care if he has the “nastiest demeanor” is he better than what the Bills currently have? 

Feliciano had a “nasty demeanor” but wasn’t good enough to be out on the field 

After he lost the weight, he wasn't the same guy. If they can get the old guy back, great. But it may be too late at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I think Spencer Brown is fully capable of being the enforcer on the line. He seems to enjoy mixing it up at times. 

Was just going to post this.  Trade Feliciano to the Giants.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I think Spencer Brown is fully capable of being the enforcer on the line. He seems to enjoy mixing it up at times. 

Yeah and hopefully with a pro off-season this year he comes in bigger stronger and angrier next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Imo the greatest aspect of Feliciano is that he’s a self anointed body guard to Josh. If he goes then I really hope that his replacement not only has more ability but also is a tough guy and is willing to mix it up like the Giants’ Hernandez. Here’s a player who has the nastiest demeanor in this year’s draft.

I think there are a couple of things.

First, Josh is now established as a superb athlete who has a history of breaking tackles, 'breaking ankles', and stiff-arming guys.  Josh made Chris Jones look like a fool a couple times and Jones came over to congratulate him after the game.  So while I'm sure LBs and DLmen don't like it, they have respect for Josh now and it doesn't spur dumb extracurriculars as much as it did when he was a punk rookie from a small school.

Second, plenty of other guys on the line are willing to run downfield and provide the "human shield" and intimidation factor - Spencer Brown at the top of the list.

Third, I don't think it was Feliciano's "nasty demeanor", it was his sneaky that gave guys pause.  It's one thing to walk up an take a 15 yd penalty by throwing a defender off your QB, taking a swing, and looming over them, as Ford did a couple times his rookie year.   That's self limiting behavior - it hurts the team even as it makes the point, the coaches will get on the OL for it.   It's another to line up on ST and unobtrusively and without referee notice retaliate by trying to take a guy's head off or punching him in the nuts during a pile-up for what he did on the previous drive.

I don't GAF if an OL is "willing to mix it up" and has a nasty demeanor.  I care if he can win in the trenches consistently while avoiding dumb penalties.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There ain’t no grooming Penning as a replacement for Feliciano. Dudes a legit top 20 pick and immediate replacement to somebody on that line. Might force Dawkins inside, and with his salary 10 million that is very very possible. Dawkins even hinted at being replaced last year after he saw Brown and Doyle 

10 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I see a lot of flags in the NFL in these highlights.  He is nasty, but also a lot of this stuff is flag city.  I want to know what his fundamentals look like more than see him be nasty while be flagged constantly.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? He was average at best before the weight loss. 

He lived up to his contract in 2019 and 2020. Out-performed it, probably, it wasn't a huge contract. No, he wasn't terrific, but he was solid, smart, and the offense worked less well in 2020 when he was out. 

Not so this year. As I said, the weight loss absolutely affected his level of play. I'm not the first to notice this, far from it.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.