Kareem Hunt: Cut candidate. Possible 2022 Bill?

filthymcnasty08

1 minute ago, Tanoros said:

I personally like Hunt as a player and, until know, hadn’t considered him as option. I know Beane and McDermott value character highly, and I’d trust if they pulled the trigger it would be because they think he is a better person. People can change, it’s a thing. 

Did you ever beat up a woman and then "change?" 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

You make a great point, especially if you think that it is OK for the strongest men on earth to beat up women, You know what I mean "Alpha?" 

Unreal. :( 

Too bad thats not remotely what happened...I mean not even a tiny bit close...but you keep sticking to that over exaggerated version.  If you are gonna call someone out, you better know the facts, otherwise maybe just don't say anything at all.  I am very anti violence against women, so don't try and take my character there ok bud.  Thanks.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The Bills did take a gamble with Josh.  Remember the leaking of his tweets the night before the draft.   The Bills had a long call with Josh on draft day morning to clear it with him and then drafted him 7th.  

Are you comparing stupid ass tweets from a 17 year old to a genetic mutant beating the crap out of a woman? Is this where we are?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Even the process has to have a purgatory? Players can change and be productive. Maybe not AB, at this point he's kinda a lost cause. 

my sense from the Bills is that they

might take on a guy with a checkered past so long as that person is fully reformed, and the guy’s priors were not super serious. 

Hunt‘s prior incident is bad. They probably view it as disqualifying.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Too bad thats not remotely what happened...I mean not even a tiny bit close...but you keep sticking to that over exaggerated version.  If you are gonna call someone out, you better know the facts, otherwise maybe just don't say anything at all.  I am very anti violence against women, so don't try and take my character there ok bud.  Thanks.

Yeah, I can tell. Did you see the video "Bud?"

Edited by Bill from NYC

40 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Bills retained Dodson after doing an investigation and finding that the allegations were not credible. 

If they discovered he committed DV, he would have been cut. 

Can you link me somewhere that claims they were not credible? Not doubting it, just curious if this is fact or opinion stated as factual?

As for they bolded part THAT is pure conjecture. 

His video looks pretty bad. He lost his mind that night that’s for sure. I’m personally not sure of all the details. It was a few years ago right? If he’s kept his nose clean since that incident and One Bills Drive is comfortable bringing him in we should be comfortable with him joining the team. From a talent aspect he’d be a big get for our Offense. To me he’s a great fit. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

my sense from the Bills is that they

might take on a guy with a checkered past so long as that person is fully reformed, and the guy’s priors were not super serious. 

Hunt‘s prior incident is bad. They probably view it as disqualifying.

This very well might be the case. I'm sure they'll do their due diligence. And if he's not a target we can draft Hall on a 5 yr rookie deal. 

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Can you link me somewhere that claims they were not credible? Not doubting it, just curious if this is fact or opinion stated as factual?

As for they bolded part THAT is pure conjecture. 

here is an article. 

Bills general manager Brandon Beane says a team investigation found no credible evidence of Dodson committing an act of domestic violence. He adds the team's pre-draft evaluation of Dodson showed no history of him getting into legal trouble.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/40138693

My conjecture of him being cut is pretty obvious. The Bills were not going to keep an undrafted rookie free agent if they discovered he beat up his girlfriend. You can call that Conjecture, but guys on the bubble aren’t really given the benefit of the doubt like your first rounders, etc. 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Whatever anyone’s own opinions, does anyone genuinely believe the Bills would actually sign him, based on the team’s focus on character?  There is a zero percent chance. 

So your saying there is a chance ??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mickey said:

However, given that our most famous player from an historical standpoint is a notorious double murderer who practically beheaded his ex-wife, maybe we aren't the best franchise in the league to gamble when it comes to violence against women. 

Never found guilty of the crime.

10 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Compared to Hunt, Singletary is younger/cheaper/a better person/just as good a runner.  Why are we having this discussion?

Hunt is a better Running Back than Devin. Together they would be a great 1-2 punch. ( pun intended ). Agree Singletary is younger & cheaper. I don’t know either of them personally so I don’t know which one is the better person. 🤷‍♂️

I’d rather spend FA money on Edge.  Find RB in draft.  There are no studs in FA at RB, IMO.   Would rather chase Godwin at WR if not edge in fA

38 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Did you ever beat up a woman and then "change?" 

people can change.  Anger issues that create domestic abusers are treatable psychological conditions.  That DOES NOT excuse the abuse, but the idea ppl are incapable of change is not true

5 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Fournette

Patterson

Chase Edmonds

M Gordon

R Penny

M Mack

James White

As interesting as Penny would be, I'd take Hunt if we could afford him.  Thoughts?

Don't forget D'Onta Foreman. He would a really nice piece, probably inexpensive and we could use him like Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Judging by the reactions to your post, it would appear the consensus is we're ok with never winning a superbowl as long as the team are pillars of the community. 

Your oversimplification ignores the full range of reasons why people might be against adding Kareem Hunt. I'm sure there are many here like me who believe that this team is good enough to win a Super Bowl as is and doesn't have to compromise character to attain their goals. There are also those who feel this team can improve by adding excellent and law-abiding players.

Having gangsters and thugs on the team is not and never has been a prerequisite to winning championships. Plenty of championships have been won by teams with "pillars of the community" on the roster.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Whatever anyone’s own opinions, does anyone genuinely believe the Bills would actually sign him, based on the team’s focus on character?  There is a zero percent chance. 

If they thought Hunt would help them win they sure would.  Hunt’s incident was years ago.  He hasn’t been in trouble since.  People make mistakes.  He’s done well with his second chance.

That said, Bills need a speed element. Hunt doesn’t fit that profile.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.